Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098117 times)

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3540 on: May 03, 2016, 02:08:16 pm »

Nope, that worked. I don't really know much about dfhack, this is the lazy newb pack after all. Is that included in the "Other Automation Plugins" in pyLNP? It seems I forgot to enable it, my bad.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:26 pm »

sometimes when i start a fort, the autolabors work and sometimes they don't. it seems to be random.
also when the fps were about to hit zero, the game crashed. <- could be TWBT because it showed weird pictures before and this time i had an open spiral ramp, so multilevel rendering might reduce fps and crash?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Oarix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: May 05, 2016, 12:05:28 pm »

First off, I am very excited to dive into this, and am incredibly appreciative of all the work that has gone into this. 

When I start it, it tells me that there is an update available to version 0.40.24-r20.  I am running 0.42.06-r01.  Is this a true 'upgrade' or a bug?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: May 05, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »

First off, I am very excited to dive into this, and am incredibly appreciative of all the work that has gone into this. 

When I start it, it tells me that there is an update available to version 0.40.24-r20.  I am running 0.42.06-r01.  Is this a true 'upgrade' or a bug?
Assume bug.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

easykiln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: May 05, 2016, 12:41:14 pm »

It is making me do this every time I run DF though?

EDIT: there was supposed to be a quote... this is referring to having to run enable autodump.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:25:40 pm by easykiln »

Oarix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: May 05, 2016, 01:20:26 pm »

For starters, I'm using the "DF 40_24 Walkthrough Pack r2" to follow along with the tutorial.  The mouse "edge scrolling" is problematic as I switch (with the mouse) between the game and the web site.   How can I disable this?

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: May 05, 2016, 05:40:13 pm »

What do the colored numbers in the bottom-right of the window mean? (e.g. H:0/0/0/0/0/2/48) I'm pretty sure it's from one of the helper add-ons in this pack but I have no idea which one so I don't know how to look up what it does. I can tell it relates to what my dwarves are doing (2 is apparently idlers) but I have no idea what the rest is for.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:42:49 pm by ManaUser »
Akur Akir Akam!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3547 on: May 05, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »

What do the colored numbers in the bottom-right of the window mean? (e.g. H:0/0/0/0/0/2/48) I'm pretty sure it's from one of the helper add-ons in this pack but I have no idea which one so I don't know how to look up what it does. I can tell it relates to what my dwarves are doing (2 is apparently idlers) but I have no idea what the rest is for.
It tells you how many dwarves are how happy. you for example have 48 exstatic dwarves, 2 happy ones, and no one unhappy.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: May 05, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »

You should download the latest version from http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622
The unstable pack has recently gone stable, and the (now) old version moved to that download page.

For starters, I'm using the "DF 40_24 Walkthrough Pack r2" to follow along with the tutorial.  The mouse "edge scrolling" is problematic as I switch (with the mouse) between the game and the web site.   How can I disable this?

Use Alt+Tab to change windows, or type mousequery edge disable into the DFHack window.  Adding that command to the end of "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/dfhack.init" will run it each time you start the game.

It tells you how many dwarves are how happy. you for example have 48 exstatic dwarves, 2 happy ones, and no one unhappy.

And for completeness, it's the dwarfmonitor plugin.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: May 06, 2016, 12:13:43 am »

I see. Out of curiosity, do those thresholds have any specific significance? Dwarf Therapist seems to report it quite differently. Although they all have negative stress, it only lists one as "happy", while the rest are labeled "fine" or "quite content".
Akur Akir Akam!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: May 06, 2016, 01:07:07 am »

Higher stress is worse; you start having serious problems around 250k stress and 500k is terrible.  IIRC the only difference between negative stress levels is how many stressful thoughts will be soaked up before it goes above zero again.
 Donations here.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3551 on: May 06, 2016, 01:16:49 am »

Where is the copy my data script? the description makes note of it, but I must be blind since I can't see it. I have a .40.24 fort I'm copying over (totally missed that pheobus' set was out of date) and I simply tried copying the save, but that doesn't seem right. I can make locations (like a library) but my carpenter shops can't make bookcases. So obviously something isn't right and it needs to be updated.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: May 06, 2016, 02:17:32 am »

Not working for 42.xx yet; I'm going to fix this in PyLNP but that will be in about three weeks, after my thesis is handed in. :(
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3553 on: May 08, 2016, 10:29:30 am »

Hey, I found a thing.

You should really replace this:
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:207:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:::3:141]

[OVERRIDE:150:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:::3:139]
[OVERRIDE:8:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:::3:137]
[OVERRIDE:240:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:::3:37]

with:
[OVERRIDE:207:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:SCREW_PRESS:3:141]

[OVERRIDE:150:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:SOAP_MAKER:3:139]
[OVERRIDE:8:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:SOAP_MAKER:3:137]
[OVERRIDE:240:B:WORKSHOP_CUSTOM:Workshop:SOAP_MAKER:3:37]

Otherwise all custom buildings will have their tiles 8, 150, 207 and 240 overwritten.

Edit: These are evil too:
[OVERRIDE:39:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:43:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:44:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:46:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:96:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:126:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:247:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:68]

[OVERRIDE:39:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:43:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:44:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:46:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:96:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:126:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]
[OVERRIDE:247:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:68]

[OVERRIDE:61:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:183]
[OVERRIDE:111:B:FURNACE_ANY:::3:184]

[OVERRIDE:176:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:113]
[OVERRIDE:177:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:113]
[OVERRIDE:178:B:WORKSHOP_ANY:::3:113]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:53:03 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 09, 2016, 01:56:22 am »

Hey, I found a thing.

Gah.  This was the included Phoebus graphics I assume?  It's been adjusted by Phoebus, Doren, and Fricy... all of whom have since gone offline.

If you've got time to check that it still works afterwards (my thesis!), I'd appreciate a fixed version of the file to upload.  And I'll keep trying to talk you into using Git to collaborate of course, it's ridiculously powerful - just look at the proportion of major utilities using Github now!

I will also ask Mifki about supporting multiple overrides*.txt files, because using one per image file would be a lot easier to mix and match for multiple graphics packs.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 385