Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114452 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3555 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:21 am »

I see. Out of curiosity, do those thresholds have any specific significance? Dwarf Therapist seems to report it quite differently. Although they all have negative stress, it only lists one as "happy", while the rest are labeled "fine" or "quite content".
They're not consistent. I'm not sure which one is more accurate, although the categories used in DFHack seem to be biased towards the happy end.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

c13303

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 09, 2016, 04:27:38 pm »

I was playing starter pack 0.42.06-r01 just fine, just losing a bit FPS with more than 100 dwarves but still feels very comfortable to play.

Happy to discover the "stable" 0.42.06-r04 right now, but I have now an issue with a regular "stutter" thing : every few seconds it freezes for like a second, then it goes fast to catch up .. It wouldn't hurt that much but when it happens my commands are ignored during that freeze second and it makes the game uncomfortable to play ... Too sad !

Any idea of what is happening, anyone else experiencing this ? r01 plays fine by me but it has all this warning messages saying it's not stable, I'd rather use the last one ...

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 09, 2016, 05:38:05 pm »

the stuttering has been in every version of the LNP i played.
i thought it was normal for the game... ::)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Das123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: May 09, 2016, 06:05:24 pm »

I have now an issue with a regular "stutter" thing : every few seconds it freezes for like a second, then it goes fast to catch up .. It wouldn't hurt that much but when it happens my commands are ignored during that freeze second and it makes the game uncomfortable to play ... Too sad !

Any idea of what is happening, anyone else experiencing this ? r01 plays fine by me but it has all this warning messages saying it's not stable, I'd rather use the last one ...

I've just switch to the latest version and am also seeing this now for the first time. Not as often as you, but every so often. I'm playing in a location that is heavily forested and I thought that may have had something to do with the issue.

I also get tile corruption which I can't work out. If I pan onto solid ground and pan back again it goes. It has been there for quite some time - since .40 for me.

c13303

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 09, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »

I eventually restarted a game, regenerating a world with a small size (instead of medium), and choosed a place with scarce trees;
the stutter is not there any more

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 09, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »

Apparently Toady does not want PE to finish his thesis...

New version! ;)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Da5id

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »

It seems that TWBT doesn't work with the nVidia GRID K520 graphics card? I am trying to play on an AWS EC2 instance, and whenever I run the game with TWBT I get `GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU.` It runs fine with ASCII, but it would be nice to have Phoebus back. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #3562 on: May 11, 2016, 12:45:57 am »

It seems that TWBT doesn't work with the nVidia GRID K520 graphics card? I am trying to play on an AWS EC2 instance, and whenever I run the game with TWBT I get `GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU.` It runs fine with ASCII, but it would be nice to have Phoebus back. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

For graphics pack (=creature graphics) as well as for non-ASCII tilesets, you don't need TWBT, any PRINT_MODE is enough (2D, STANDARD).

Da5id

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 11, 2016, 12:49:57 am »

For graphics pack (=creature graphics) as well as for non-ASCII tilesets, you don't need TWBT, any PRINT_MODE is enough (2D, STANDARD).

Ah thank you kindly! I didn't realize that would work. I'll ping the TWBT about this issue in that case, but I am more than satisfied not having to play with ASCII.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:53:07 am by Da5id »

Oarix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 11, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »

For starters, I'm using the "DF 40_24 Walkthrough Pack r2" to follow along with the tutorial.  The mouse "edge scrolling" is problematic as I switch (with the mouse) between the game and the web site.   How can I disable this?

Use Alt+Tab to change windows, or type mousequery edge disable into the DFHack window.  Adding that command to the end of "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/dfhack.init" will run it each time you start the game.

I wanted to raise it to your attention that for the Walkthrough Pack, the DFHACK Console blinks open and closes in an instant the moment I start DF.  I've looked everywhere for a proper error but my knowledge is just too limited at this point.  I've tried installing it on multiple laptops just in case yet the problem still stands. 

Am I potentially missing something?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 11, 2016, 07:16:44 pm »

For starters, I'm using the "DF 40_24 Walkthrough Pack r2" to follow along with the tutorial.  The mouse "edge scrolling" is problematic as I switch (with the mouse) between the game and the web site.   How can I disable this?

Use Alt+Tab to change windows, or type mousequery edge disable into the DFHack window.  Adding that command to the end of "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24/dfhack.init" will run it each time you start the game.

I wanted to raise it to your attention that for the Walkthrough Pack, the DFHACK Console blinks open and closes in an instant the moment I start DF.  I've looked everywhere for a proper error but my knowledge is just too limited at this point.  I've tried installing it on multiple laptops just in case yet the problem still stands. 

Am I potentially missing something?

Oh, sorry.  The DFHack window is hidden in the walkthrough pack, but you can open the prompt in-game by using "ctrl-shift-P".  The "show" and "hide" commands show or hide the DF window.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 12, 2016, 03:13:37 pm »

Just noticed in training wild animals I used Therapist to "assign all" for Training...I just got an error prompt that the "Stray Cat cancels training Gray Langur: Too Injured".
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3567 on: May 13, 2016, 12:55:14 pm »

Hey, would you be interested in a thing?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They don't affect balancing at all and add a single entry to the workshop menu.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 14, 2016, 02:35:17 am »

Don't do that.

I'd feel obliged to make it in Armok Vision.

And I'm lazy.

Grumalg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 14, 2016, 09:55:31 pm »

After DL/unpack of 'PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.42.06-r04.zip', AVG (updated to current) is reporting 'Trojan horse Zbot.ANBS' in:

LNP\utilities\Dwarf Mockup\DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe

Anyone know if it's real or a false detection?

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 385