Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112033 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3630 on: May 24, 2016, 07:46:48 pm »

Launch DF. Hit Escape. Select Key Bindings. Customize away.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: May 25, 2016, 08:49:48 am »

I wish... Ive checked every category and have NO idea WHAT so ever what one of these words or options has ANYTHING to do with navigating Z levels. Nothing says so, so I cant just up and customize it because the options are as clear as coding C++ is for a newborn baby.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: May 25, 2016, 09:37:06 am »

It looks like both the v0.42.06 and the v0.40.24 versions of the Starter Pack include a "laptop" keybinding that allows you to use comma and period to change Z levels.

When you launch the Starter Pack the keybinding options are at the bottom. It looks like they should be labeled "Laptop (no numpad).txt", "Laptop with mouse.txt.", and "Vanilla DF.txt".

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: May 25, 2016, 10:10:52 am »

So I just want to use Laptop with mouse? Even though Im on a desktop... lol, thanks.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:06 am »

I wish... Ive checked every category and have NO idea WHAT so ever what one of these words or options has ANYTHING to do with navigating Z levels. Nothing says so, so I cant just up and customize it because the options are as clear as coding C++ is for a newborn baby.

Just for your future reference, Z-level keybinds are in the General section, not far down from the top of the list, at the end of a group of keybinds that start with "Move view / cursor".

Move view / cursor up (z)
Move view / cursor down (z)
Move view / cursor up (z) aux
Move view / cursor down (z) aux

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3635 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:00 pm »

Maybe of interest to you:
https://github.com/sv-esk/lethosor-scripts/blob/50928da588711262bfad7fbaec8398bfa0360219/open-legends.lua

Lethosor fixed a bug in the open-legends script that completely breaks a save when you run it in fort-mode and export legends after that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: May 25, 2016, 03:13:45 pm »

No, that was sv-esk. Thanks for reminding me, though - apparently it wasn't tracked in the DFHack repo yet, so that's been taken care of now.

Also, it's worth noting that that is not the only potential issue - I believe there are others that could have similar bad effects, so you probably shouldn't be saving after using open-legends. I'll add a warning about that.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:02 am »

Why is it that I am allways able to kill the Pack several times?
Sometimes I get up an error log which shows that it tries to access a personal folder which I does not own and which clearly has an other username

File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 67, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 134, in initialize_ui

I usually are able to run the program a few times , but whenever I use a couple of the features it goes wrong somehow over time, even changing graphics or so might make it malfunction.

SpyderVenom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: May 27, 2016, 02:06:17 pm »

The pack doesnt work for me either. It crashes every hour... Some people say it has maleware...

Id sure like to see a much more basic starter pack... Fortress, Therapist, Soundsense, DFHack, and tilesets is all I need to play but I cant get everything to work right and its upsetting that I add the tileset to find out the text graphics are mutilated and add DFhack to find out its probably not updated anymore and now I have to delete everything and start over again trying to install and make it work... Im stressed. Just want to play without it crashing before Ive mapped out my entrance FFS.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: May 27, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »

I can't help with the graphics, but DFHack should work just fine with 0.42.06, and this pack distributes it, so you don't need to add it yourself.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: May 28, 2016, 02:11:52 am »

The pack doesnt work for me either. It crashes every hour... Some people say it has maleware...

Id sure like to see a much more basic starter pack... Fortress, Therapist, Soundsense, DFHack, and tilesets is all I need to play but I cant get everything to work right and its upsetting that I add the tileset to find out the text graphics are mutilated and add DFhack to find out its probably not updated anymore and now I have to delete everything and start over again trying to install and make it work... Im stressed. Just want to play without it crashing before Ive mapped out my entrance FFS.

I've had problems with chrashes too, it seems like its TWBT that does it, holding shift and moving around the map while in a menu seems to be one area where it crashes more often.
What I've done is set auto-save to seasonal instead of yearly to save me most of the trouble, also save/quit and load when I feel like I accomplished something I don't want to loose.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: May 28, 2016, 03:27:04 am »

And the DFHack command "quicksave" is handy since it doesn't reset the "run up to me and caress me" timers on written materials in bookcases, on top of being handy in its own right.

Jebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: May 28, 2016, 06:13:48 am »

Hi all,

Just a quick question; I would like to play the new version (0.43.03) and know that there will be some time before this pack is ready for that new version. Can I just copy the new version into the most recent starter pack? I know a lot of the utilities will break, but I can live with just the therapist and graphics part.

Thanks for all the effort!

Jebster.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: May 28, 2016, 07:56:17 am »

Can I just copy the new version into the most recent starter pack? I know a lot of the utilities will break, but I can live with just the therapist and graphics part.

You will also need to copy some folders into "starter pack/LNP/Baselines/v0.43.03" for it to work without corrupting anything or giving you errors. Also it might be good to update the init files in "starter pack/LNP/Defaults".

The old version of Dwarf Therapist won't work unless you update it. https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

If you try to install graphics from an old version of the starter pack into the latest version of Dwarf Fortress it will likely corrupt any save files you create with it. If you use Phoebus, you might want to download the latest version from https://github.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus. Just click "Clone or Download" and download the zip, unarchive it, and place it in your "starter pack/LNP/Graphics" folder. The Phoebus version on the repo should work with v0.43.03 without corrupting your game. Most graphics packs are basically mods, so they usually have to be updated for every version of Dwarf Fortress. When I was new I made the mistake of trying to use the old version of Spacefox with the latest version of Dwarf Fortress; I ended up with a corrupt world where Plump Helmets were unbrewable.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:58:25 am by jecowa »

Jebster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: May 28, 2016, 12:59:13 pm »

Do I only need to copy the same files that are in there already to replace them with newer ones? Or are there very specific files that need moving across? I've played DF for years but never done anything with it than download LNP and play :/.

I use Mayday Tileset, I'm guessing it's the same procedure?

Thanks,

Jebster.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 385