Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109929 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3645 on: May 28, 2016, 03:29:37 pm »

I would delete everything in the "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 folder" except any save files, maps, legends stuff, etc that you want to keep. I would move those out into a different folder, though. You definitely probably want to get rid of those DFHack files and folders. I'm not sure DFHack would try to run on a newer version of Dwarf Fortress or not, but it's better safe than sorry. It looks like there might be a bunch of modified libraries in the "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06" folder too. It would probably be best to just take out the entire "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06" folder and drop in the folder for the latest version of Dwarf Fortress.

You might want to keep these sub folders of the "LNP" folder if they have stuff in them you want. It doesn't usually hurt to use old versions of these:
  • "LNP/embarks"
  • "LNP/keybinds"
  • "LNP/colors"
  • "LNP/tileset"

I'm not really sure which of the utilities from the "LNP/Utilities" folder will still work. Dwarf Therapist just needs that one file updated to work.

You should use this version of Mayday for v0.43.03 on DFFD. - Mayday graphics pack
The version of Mayday it on the GitHub hasn't been changed much since January.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: May 28, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »

I would delete everything in the "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 folder" except any save files, maps, legends stuff, etc that you want to keep. I would move those out into a different folder, though. You definitely probably want to get rid of those DFHack files and folders. I'm not sure DFHack would try to run on a newer version of Dwarf Fortress or not, but it's better safe than sorry. It looks like there might be a bunch of modified libraries in the "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06" folder too. It would probably be best to just take out the entire "Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06" folder and drop in the folder for the latest version of Dwarf Fortress.

DFHack won't work, graphics should be OK but might lead to incompatibilities later.

I suggest just adding a "Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03" folder, since PyLNP can handle multiple versions with a single launcher.

Never suggest deleting the old version!  It's much better to copy to the new version and keep the old as a backup, and causes fewer support requests later  ;)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: May 29, 2016, 03:23:55 am »

I'm not really sure which of the utilities from the "LNP/Utilities" folder will still work. Dwarf Therapist just needs that one file updated to work.
Just as a note to this, soundsense works.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MiguelT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: May 31, 2016, 08:45:10 am »

Ptw.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 08, 2016, 06:41:48 am »

Made an AZERTY key-binding for LNP. if someone want to use (or put in the pack) you are welcome, might have some issues but i think i rebinded all the directional weirdness. if you find something to correct just post it back here.
As i can not seem to find to post a file here you have it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: June 11, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »

will a new version of LNP be made when the majority of bug fixes stop?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 11, 2016, 10:05:30 pm »

The last time I heard, PeridexisErrant is waiting for DFHack to update before he updates his pack. I imagine it would cause confusion for a very large number of users if his pack was updated for a new version of Dwarf Fortress without DFHack support.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 12, 2016, 12:06:27 am »

The last time I heard, PeridexisErrant is waiting for DFHack to update before he updates his pack. I imagine it would cause confusion for a very large number of users if his pack was updated for a new version of Dwarf Fortress without DFHack support.

Exactly.  I'm also looking at options for a 'nightly' version which will usually be hilariously broken, to give people an alternative answer to "just wait".  Also to teach them why I say that!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 12, 2016, 12:36:27 am »

Also to teach them why I say that!
"Now you will know why you fear the night(ly build)!"
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 12, 2016, 03:01:25 am »

While I support the notion of education through nightly builds, I suspect it will backfire badly when people ignore the red blinking mine field signs and then complain loudly about all those horrible mines.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 12, 2016, 07:31:37 pm »

While I support the notion of education through nightly builds, I suspect it will backfire badly when people ignore the red blinking mine field signs and then complain loudly about all those horrible mines.
well, just make a second thread with only the nightly build there. also with a disclaimer that any and all bugreports will be ignored.
have the admins ock the topic and give you access to stil lupdate the first post :P
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3656 on: June 16, 2016, 06:04:04 am »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:40 pm »

I am, thanks - just waiting for TwbT!

Here's the hourly build log.
 Donations here.

Errorist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 17, 2016, 08:01:23 am »

Fairly new to DF here, running the latest stable version of the starter pack. Whenever I toggle TWBT with a graphics pack enabled (tried phoebus and spacefox), the game seems to quickly 're-adjust' itself to ascii right after launch. The expected main menu window opens, then shrinks and changes to a different font. In world gen the graphics are then purely ascii, but in the game itself it works. This does not happen to if I use 'standard' instead of TWBT. What is going on here? Is there anything I can do about this?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 17, 2016, 08:14:54 am »

That's the intended behavior of TwbT - text doesn't use the graphics tiles.  The world map typically makes most sense in ASCII, so that's what TwbT uses.

So I guess use whichever setting you prefer?
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 385