Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098389 times)

Errorist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3660 on: June 17, 2016, 08:25:37 am »

I see. Thanks for the very quick reply! I suppose I was (and to some extent still am) confused because I have been following DasTactic's tutorials, and his world map kept the custom tileset with TWBT. I have to admit that I prefer the tileset, so I suppose I would just have to generate the worlds with standard and then switch to twbt when I play. Is this a recent change, or is there a setting or movement of files that would let me apply the tileset to the world map?

Edit: I was able to solve it myself since you explained what TWBT actually did. Changing the font to one that corresponded to the tileset changed the world map. : )
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:38:38 am by Errorist »

KocLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 19, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »

Every time I start DF via the starter pack, I get this error if I try to run the game with the Automatic Job Assignments DFHack enabled. Is this a bug others are experiencing? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is there any other information I have not provided that could help diagnose what's going wrong?

Here's a screenshot of the error I receive:

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 19, 2016, 01:31:04 pm »

What the error message says is that DFHack is started and when checking DF it finds no fortress has been started yet (you'd have to be incredibly quick to manage that without starting things manually...). Basically, autolabor would have to be modified to start suspended and periodically check for the presence of a fortress (if that's possible).
The three work arounds I can see are:
1. Restart autolabor when you've loaded the fortress.
2. Don't enable autolabor, but start it manually each time. That amounts to the first alternative, but without the error message.
3. Start DFHack manually after DF has been started.

I don't use autolabor, so I can't comment further.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 19, 2016, 07:21:27 pm »

You can't start DFHack after starting DF - DFHack runs in the same process as DF, so there's no way to start it later.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:09 am »

Thanks lethosor for clearing that up.

KocLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

Thank you both for clarifying the correct use of the autolabor plugin. I figured out how to use it, to just manually run it once my game has started. Seems odd there is an option to autorun it upon starting DF, knowing that the plugin won't work until a game is first running.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 21, 2016, 10:20:35 am »

okay, so that's why it never worked.
so what's the command to start it then?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 22, 2016, 12:28:39 am »

okay, so that's why it never worked.
so what's the command to start it then?

autolabor in the dfhack window I presume.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 22, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

There are multiple init files that control when things start.  There is one for when the game starts and one for when you load a fort.  Workflow had the same problem for several releases, because the launcher was adding the workflow command into the wrong file.  I don't have the game here, so I don't remember the file names at the moment, but they are labeled pretty obviously in the DwarfFortress directory.  I believe the one for after a fort is loaded has onLoad in the filename.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:47 pm »

i thought i had to write something like "atolabor start" or "enable".
i'll add "autolabor" to said file and see how it works.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »

i thought i had to write something like "atolabor start" or "enable".
i'll add "autolabor" to said file and see how it works.
You can try it out in the console to get the arguments right (basically wait until you don't get an error), then edit the init file.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:56 pm »

I know "autolabor enable" and "enable autolabor" will work (and "autolabor 1", although that's a bit unusual) - "enable PLUGIN-NAME" is a pretty standard form. "autolabor" by itself won't do anything.

And yes, it sounds like the issue is that the launcher should be adding "enable autolabor" to onLoad.init, not dfhack.init (or one of its variations).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:38 am »

Gah, I swear this worked when I last tested everything.  Will fix before next release.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 25, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »

The last time I heard, PeridexisErrant is waiting for DFHack to update before he updates his pack. I imagine it would cause confusion for a very large number of users if his pack was updated for a new version of Dwarf Fortress without DFHack support.

At the risk of sounding impatient (or lazy in not looking for the answer to this question elsewhere, myself), any idea how long this might be? Or TwbT, whatever that actually is, as this is what PeridexisErrant themselves said they were still waiting for.

Also, I rather favor the nightly version idea—I don't myself use DFHack or, to the best of my knowledge, TwbT, anyway. Just Dwarf Therapist and a tileset.

(Probably I should just get those separately, huh? But the starter pack is so convenient...)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 25, 2016, 04:01:03 pm »

At the risk of sounding impatient (or lazy in not looking for the answer to this question elsewhere, myself), any idea how long this might be? Or TwbT, whatever that actually is, as this is what PeridexisErrant themselves said they were still waiting for.

Also, I rather favor the nightly version idea—I don't myself use DFHack or, to the best of my knowledge, TwbT, anyway. Just Dwarf Therapist and a tileset.

(Probably I should just get those separately, huh? But the starter pack is so convenient...)

With Toady just releasing a 64-bit version, I'm guessing he'll be releasing more often to do bug fixes. If I was the DFHack team, I think I would wait until Toady slows down with his updates before trying to get DFHack running with the latest version.

With version 0.43.04 of Dwarf Fortress just coming out, Mifki might be a bit reluctant to work on a Text Will Be Text update for the old DF v0.43.03, especially if the DFHack team plans on ceasing work on that version in favor of getting DFHack working on a newer version of Dwarf Fortress..

tl-dr; I have no idea what's going to happen.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:05:13 pm by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 385