Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4107369 times)

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3675 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess that's the downside of quicker releases: less time for the community to catch up by updating the utilities. Still, can't complain overall. Thanks for your thoughts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 25, 2016, 07:32:08 pm »

Toady's switch to a newer Windows compiler in 0.43.04 requires a lot more work for memory-editing utilities (DFHack, DT) than normal, and a 64-bit release will require even more. It's possible that there'll be another DFHack release for 0.43.03 with some fixes at some point, but I don't really know yet.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: June 25, 2016, 07:53:19 pm »

Toady's switch to a newer Windows compiler in 0.43.04 requires a lot more work for memory-editing utilities (DFHack, DT) than normal, and a 64-bit release will require even more. It's possible that there'll be another DFHack release for 0.43.03 with some fixes at some point, but I don't really know yet.

Thanks for the info. I'm always curious about this stuff.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 27, 2016, 07:02:10 am »

Meanwhile we'll have to play the game hardcore mode, no utilities, just you and 7 drunken midgets against the world.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: June 27, 2016, 08:32:01 pm »

i just want lazynewbpack with the graphics and dwarf therapist honestly
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 27, 2016, 09:05:44 pm »

Nice! Thanks for the headsup!

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 27, 2016, 10:01:57 pm »

I've updated TWBT source for 0.43.03, will make a build this evening.

You're a legend.  Cheers :D

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 28, 2016, 01:26:55 am »

Woot, TWBT update, I am so excited, thank you all for your legendary work!

technoDaleks

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 28, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »

Hello! Question (and if this is better asked in another place, let me know and I'll be happy to do so!).

When using the standard world creator (Create New World) with History set to Very Long, the game will just about complete the world generation (after taking quite a bit of time) but seize up and crash when finishing the final year (1050). I ask here first because I'm using the most recent LNP (0.42.06) and didn't encounter this before on a previous build (0.40.24).

Is there something I can change or check, or is this a 'me' thing I'll just have to deal with?

Whatsifsowhatsit

• Bay Watcher
  • Big geek
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 28, 2016, 05:32:16 pm »

i just want lazynewbpack with the graphics and dwarf therapist honestly

Same here. Probably we should be able to just get graphics and Dwarf Therapist separately fairly easily... if it's much longer for the full pack, I think I'll try that.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 28, 2016, 10:56:58 pm »

DT is mostly dependent on df-structures/dfhack work, which isn't there yet, and parts of DT might also need to be rewritten to handle the new compiler on Windows (not sure how that part is structured).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 29, 2016, 01:04:52 am »

When do you think PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack will be available for 43.##?

I was getting impatient today and was attempting apply all the scripts/graphics/etc. that I use from your starter pack and realized how much work and detail that is included in this.

For fear of messing up something, I am now considering waiting for yours.

(b.t.w. thanks for your work)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:05 am »

Hello! Question (and if this is better asked in another place, let me know and I'll be happy to do so!).

When using the standard world creator (Create New World) with History set to Very Long, the game will just about complete the world generation (after taking quite a bit of time) but seize up and crash when finishing the final year (1050). I ask here first because I'm using the most recent LNP (0.42.06) and didn't encounter this before on a previous build (0.40.24).

Is there something I can change or check, or is this a 'me' thing I'll just have to deal with?
The issue was present in 0.40.24 as well and I don't think it's related to LNP. You may want to try to remove DFHack from the LNP version and then generate your world to see if it works better. When a world has been generated, you can then reenable DFHack and start playing in the generated world. Alternatively, you can download the 0.42.06 vanilla DF, generate the world there, and copy the save. My guess is that it's a very annoying thing that happens with DF sometimes with an annoyingly high frequency, typically as the world finalizes.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:51 am »

I've got a prototype for 43.03, but that's a prerelease DFHack and untested.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 385