Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109661 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3795 on: July 29, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »

i just copied the whole config file from the 0.42 LNP and it worked fine.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:32 am »

Where are the TWBT gfx files that replace, chairs, gems, workbenches, farms etc etc? This is an annoying forced change that I'd like to remove while stilll being able to use TWBT.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: August 01, 2016, 01:53:12 am »

Where are the TWBT gfx files that replace, chairs, gems, workbenches, farms etc etc? This is an annoying forced change that I'd like to remove while stilll being able to use TWBT.

Configured by $df/data/init/overrides.txt
Image files under data/art/
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: August 01, 2016, 05:29:01 am »

I think the gem is called "rough" in the overrides.txt. You can put pound signs (#) before lines to comment them out. I'm guessing you meant "workshop" when you said workbench.

If you edit the copy located at /starter pack/LNP/Graphics/Phoebus/data/init/overrides.txt then that file won't get overwritten when you switch graphics packs, but you will need to re-apply the Phoebus graphics to the game every time you make a change.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: August 01, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

windows defender is reporting dangerous trojans in armok vision.exe during unzip of the latest package.  is anyone else getting this?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:20 pm »

windows defender is reporting dangerous trojans in armok vision.exe during unzip of the latest package.  is anyone else getting this?
dementia reported something similar in the Masterwork thread.  It is probably a false positive, but you can download Armok Vision from the original repository if you're worried.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: August 01, 2016, 02:42:51 pm »

dementia reported something similar in the Masterwork thread.  It is probably a false positive, but you can download Armok Vision from the original repository if you're worried.

tried it.  getting trojan hits on those too.

[edit]

reporting:
maltule.c!cl
rundas!plock

both are listed as severe threats

[edit 2]

the issue is likely caused by the python installer packager.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:49:54 pm by starscream »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: August 01, 2016, 02:53:50 pm »

That means that the AV in PE's pack has not been tampered with.  Japa did try to make AV's interactions with the DF executable as gentle as possible, but some antivirus apps are just really nervous about new programs.

For what it's worth, Sophos isn't worried about Armok Vision.

Edit: Like you said, the installer might be the issue.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: August 01, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »

i was just worried about 3rd party tampering but as you said, that cannot be it.  i'm not at all worried about the original files.  the author is kind enough to offer the sources.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: August 01, 2016, 04:45:22 pm »

I scanned the Armok Vision executable that is included in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r03. It turned up clean.

So I tried scanning the entire Armok Vision folder. It also turned up clean.

So I scanned every executable in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r03:
Spoiler: virus scans (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: August 01, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »

To those mentioning the "python installer" issues - assuming you mean PyInstaller, that cannot possibly be the issue because Armok Vision is written in C#, and has nothing to do with Python at all.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: August 01, 2016, 09:07:50 pm »

Could you please add a button in the next version to shut off for all these gfx overwrities? Its a lot of work to go through and ## each one and tileset gfx choice is part of the reason newb pack exists.

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: August 01, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

So I'm having a crashing issue with prospect, current version of pack. The odd thing is I did run a prospect on this fort initially without issue. I'm early in 2nd year now and if I run it the game crashes repeatedly. I haven't done any modding to this version. No DFHack plugins besides base selected from launcher, fix-armory only nonstandard startup item.

Also (and sorry for not checking if this is known) sound sense will not launch from the launcher, but it does run just fine from the batchfile.

As always, great work and thanks for keeping this up Peridexis!
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: August 01, 2016, 09:31:10 pm »

Could you please add a button in the next version to shut off for all these gfx overwrities? Its a lot of work to go through and ## each one and tileset gfx choice is part of the reason newb pack exists.

I've been wanting to make versions of all the graphics packs that are optimized to work without TWBT graphics overrides. Rydel was helping me with this earlier. This really requires a different set of raw/objects files. I think it is going to require an overrides version and overrides version of the graphics packs for now, but maybe in the future PyLNP will be able to load a different set of objects and init files depending on whether the overrides setting is "on" or "off".

So I'm having a crashing issue with prospect, current version of pack. The odd thing is I did run a prospect on this fort initially without issue. I'm early in 2nd year now and if I run it the game crashes repeatedly. I haven't done any modding to this version. No DFHack plugins besides base selected from launcher, fix-armory only nonstandard startup item.

Also (and sorry for not checking if this is known) sound sense will not launch from the launcher, but it does run just fine from the batchfile.

As always, great work and thanks for keeping this up Peridexis!

Do you have multilevel view on? I've heard that disabling that feature can help reduce crashes.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: August 01, 2016, 11:44:16 pm »

@ldog - the multilevel option is set in "dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init", FYI

I've been wanting to make versions of all the graphics packs that are optimized to work without TWBT graphics overrides. Rydel was helping me with this earlier. This really requires a different set of raw/objects files. I think it is going to require an overrides version and overrides version of the graphics packs for now, but maybe in the future PyLNP will be able to load a different set of objects and init files depending on whether the overrides setting is "on" or "off".

The problem isn't so much the button, as knowing what to do when it's pressed - we have a wide variety of graphics packs by old and new authors, on all kinds of sites and even just the basic format is hard enough to manage at times.

@jecowa - if a format can be worked out *that works without PyLNP too*, I'm sure we can support it somehow.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 385