Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109047 times)

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3885 on: August 26, 2016, 05:22:35 pm »

I don't know if i'm the only one but dwarf therapist doesnt seem to work with the new version. im getting an unidentified game version error.
This would be to do with its (can't rememer the name of the ini file - something to do with memory bindings IIRC). Same thing happened with the previous versions.Ask in the DT thread for the relevant file (or check on Github)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 26, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »

I don't know if i'm the only one but dwarf therapist doesnt seem to work with the new version. im getting an unidentified game version error.

EDIT: Nevermind. should have checked dwarf therapist thread first. :P
To get Dwarf Therapist to work, you need to download a slightly older version Dwarf Fortress - v0.43.03.

Then you need to manually update an ini file. Instructions here - https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

Had the same issue, just copied and pasted the therapist folder from r4, the previous release.  Worked like a boss after that. 

Personal note... I do not like the edits to spacefox.... the raws are jacked up something awful... I copied and pasted r4 of those over too.   They made more sense.  The r5 version has floor grates for gypsum and a few other rock layer walls... and bauxite looks like a constructed floor.  And that's just the start of it.... r4 raws were better.  Otherwise this has been the best build yet.  I've had 0 crashes and very little for lag at 100+citizens 50+ critters, an invasion of 50+ undead with a dozen or so necros...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: August 26, 2016, 07:55:35 pm »

Gah, it looks like my script didn't copy the Therapist memory layout into place.  Also I didn't configure the new PyLNP importer... hotfix coming soon.

Edit: released.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:15:39 pm by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:22 pm »

Personal note... I do not like the edits to spacefox.... the raws are jacked up something awful... I copied and pasted r4 of those over too.   They made more sense.  The r5 version has floor grates for gypsum and a few other rock layer walls... and bauxite looks like a constructed floor.  And that's just the start of it.... r4 raws were better.  Otherwise this has been the best build yet.  I've had 0 crashes and very little for lag at 100+citizens 50+ critters, an invasion of 50+ undead with a dozen or so necros...

I had been curious when Nopal changed those things in Spacefox too. Do you think the changes to the rocks and ores and stuff look like the might be unintentional? Maybe he used the wrong Git command or something.

I copied and pasted r4 of those over too.
You need to copy back the /raw/objects/item_tool.txt file from -r05 to make it compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:12:02 pm by jecowa »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39:32 pm »

PyLNP.json excerpt
Code: [Select]
  "to_import": [
    [
      "text_prepend",
      "<df>/gamelog.txt"
    ],
    [
      "text_prepend",
      "<df>/ss_fix.log"
    ],
    [
      "text_prepend",
      "<df>/dfhack.history"
    ],
    [
      "copy_add",
      "<df>/data/save"
    ],
    [
      "copy_add",
      "<df>/soundsense",
      "LNP/Utilities/Soundsense/packs"
    ],
    [
      "copy_add",
      "User Generated Content"
    ],
    [
      "copy_add",
    ]
  ],

That looks like good stuff there.

I'm curious about this one:

"copy_add",
      "<df>/soundsense",

This is the only one with three lines. The first location is origin location and the second location is the destination location?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 26, 2016, 11:21:27 pm »

I had been curious when Nopal changed those things in Spacefox too. Do you think the changes to the rocks and ores and stuff look like the might be unintentional? Maybe he used the wrong Git command or something.

I copied and pasted r4 of those over too.
You need to copy back the /raw/objects/item_tool.txt file from -r05 to make it compatible with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03.

interesting. I think I just copied what I had in the old folder on top of the new folders and it seems to be just fine... oh well... I've been busy shoving rocks in a hole.... apparently I didn't see the flashing 1x1 square when doing dig assignments.... I think it was an aquifer from above... just flooded out the nursery, puppy pins, my nest rooms... library, temples..... they are swimming for their lives. 4 floors about 600 tiles all In 2 to 4/7 water...  I got 3 engravers throwing tantrums....  been busy today....
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 27, 2016, 01:24:42 am »

PyLNP.json excerpt

That looks like good stuff there.  I'm curious about this one:

"copy_add",
      "<df>/soundsense",

This is the only one with three lines. The first location is origin location and the second location is the destination location?

Yep.  Each entry has (strategy, source [, destination]) - if a destination is not given, it's as source but in the new pack.  For most items, destination is the same so I added this as a shortcut to avoid copy-paste errors.  PyLNP docs should explain :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 27, 2016, 06:26:15 am »

thats the weird thing I went through trying to see what in the world was up and I found it this morning.  It seems that he made intentional changes to inorganic_stone_***.txt files.  several tile nums were changed in many cases it just seems intentional as whole "sets" of certain layers were changed to certain tiles.

anyways  copy and paste old set over new set on those 4 and it looks great.... I don't know what he was thinking... if I had the time and know how, I'd maintain my own.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

MJMCP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 27, 2016, 07:41:29 pm »

Hey, I got an alert that the announcement window exe was a Trojan from Windows Defender, which removed it. Now one of my hard drives is being scanned and repaired. Steam was on that drive, and before rebooting it didn't exist anymore and I could not access the drive it was on. I don't know if this is just a dumb thing that happened to me or worth looking into, but it's unfortunate, and I'm hoping I don't need to go buy a new hard drive.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 27, 2016, 08:48:58 pm »

uh this might not be the place to ask but how do I use this pack with mods? I have the tower defense II mod + some small stuff I tweaked installed in the previous version manually. but i dont want to mess up my modded saves updating to the new starter pack. is there a way to make it all transfer correctly? and maybe stop me from having to manually re-add the mods after I change a texture pack?

I also see that you mention taffer in a changelog but taffer's graphics set is not in the graphics select screen? its really my favorite but i just thought it wasnt included.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:00:36 pm by flyteofheart »
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 27, 2016, 09:14:44 pm »

uh this might not be the place to ask but how do I use this pack with mods? I have the tower defense II mod + some small stuff I tweaked installed in the previous version manually. but i dont want to mess up my modded saves updating to the new starter pack. is there a way to make it all transfer correctly? and maybe stop me from having to manually re-add the mods after I change a texture pack?

If your mod doesn't conflict with the texture pack, you can install the mod into the mods folder. I'm not completely sure what happens if your graphics pack and mod conflict, but I think with any conflicting files, only the one installed first is used.

Here are some excerpts from the Lazy Newb Pack manual:

Mods:
This folder contains mods for Dwarf Fortress, in the form of changes to the defining raws (which define the content DF uses). Mods use the same reduced format for raws as graphics packs. Mods can be configured with a content manifest.

Graphics work very similar to mods.
Graphics:
This folder contains graphics packs, consisting of data and raw folders. Any raws identical to vanilla files will be discarded; when installing a graphics pack the remaining files will be copied over a set of vanilla raws and the combination installed. Through more complex merge logic, graphics can also be used with mods and changed on most modded saves. Graphics can be configured with a content manifest.

The bottom of the manual has a several more paragraphs about mods that should explain it pretty well. PeridexisErrant wrote coded the mod support himself, so he can probably help if you need it.

I also see that you mention taffer in a changelog but taffer's graphics set is not in the graphics select screen? its really my favorite but i just thought it wasnt included.

He's got Taffer in the tileset folder. Install Curses then click the "customize" tab and switch the tilesheet to "Taffer" and change your color scheme to Taffer's Pastel color scheme or whatever color scheme you like.

Nopal

« Reply #3896 on: August 27, 2016, 09:48:50 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:12:52 pm by Nopal »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 28, 2016, 12:01:44 am »

I'm trying to analyze the Spacefox update, but the changes were extensive. It looks like it's mostly good changed to me, though. Maybe you just messed up in one file by using the grate for some rocks or whatever the problem was. I don't know enough about all the rock stuff to interpret it, but the changes to the creatures and tools look like they are all definitely improvements.

Here's kind of an overview of the changes to the raws:

Spoiler: New Modified Objects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:03:38 am by jecowa »

Elminster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 28, 2016, 03:12:14 am »

Hi.

Tried to import from r04 but got the following in the stderr.txt:
Running PyLNP 0.12 (OS: win, Compiled: True)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 12, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.lnp", line 125, in __init__
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\tkgui.tkgui", line 716, in on_query_migration
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\tkgui.tkgui", line 723, in migrate_settings
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\core.importer", line 122, in do_imports
  File "C:\Users\Michael Madsen\Documents\LazyNewbPack\python_lnp\build\lnp\out00-PYZ.pyz\genericpath", line 80, in commonprefix
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 28, 2016, 03:31:47 am »

Hi.

Tried to import from r04 but got the following in the stderr.txt:
Spoiler: stderr.txt (click to show/hide)
Thanks for the report. That's the same error we were getting on Mac and Linux builds. I had thought the Windows version was immune until now. Someone just sent a pull request that seems to fix it, though, so hopefully it will be corrected in the next version.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:33:32 am by jecowa »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 385