Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113778 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The pack has updated to r53!
interesting your releases are getting smaller ^^ thanks for such a great pack used it now since r42 and it helped me alot.
It's a seasonal thing - everyone has less time out of the holidays, so development of all the components slows down a lot and (and I have less free time too).  They get smaller because I don't like sitting on updates for more than a few weeks just because they're smallish :)

the In-game macros got crazy slow since r52 i can type faster than they play (and yes i still use them instead of quickfort)
thought i d mention it dunno if its a bug
You probably changed "/data/init.txt" somehow, setting "[MACRO_MS:0]" will eliminate the delay again.  I just checked, and it's set to zero in r53.  The default is 15 milliseconds between keystrokes, which is probably what you've got. 

How about a pacth that just does the upgrades?
I've looked into this, and it's a lot harder than it sounds.  Adding files is easy, but to modify them I'd have to replace... and that causes the same problems as copying to a new pack version.  It would be possible to write a custom script for every upgrade that did whatever I'm doing, but that would be (literally) many times more work than everything else I do for this together - and still have nasty compatibility problems. 

Can I use Accelerated DF with the Starter Pack?
The short answer is "Yes, but..."

Follow the instruction to install the raw-only pack.  Side-effects include settings changing (such as "[MACRO_MS:0]" mentioned above), you'll stuff everything up if you install a graphics pack (since they have now-incompatible vanilla raws) unless you merge the raws carefully first, and possibly some other issues.  It will work though, and the other issues are minor if you're careful. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

DeusMortem

• Bay Watcher
  • my dwarf has an atrocious spatial sense
    • View Profile

How about a pacth that just does the upgrades?
I've looked into this, and it's a lot harder than it sounds.  Adding files is easy, but to modify them I'd have to replace... and that causes the same problems as copying to a new pack version.  It would be possible to write a custom script for every upgrade that did whatever I'm doing, but that would be (literally) many times more work than everything else I do for this together - and still have nasty compatibility problems. 

just so i understand it right: (my brain is slow today :-S)
including the files u changed in a rar/zip file within the same folder structure as they are now just not including the unchanged ones - leaving it to us to unpack and replace would not be an option?!
Eripe Diem

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

How about a patch that just does the upgrades?
Including the files you changed in a rar/zip file within the same folder structure as they are now just not including the unchanged ones - leaving it to us to unpack and replace would not be an option?!

Unfortunately not - how could that handle file deletion?  Or file modification, without losing your changes?  Or make sure it wouldn't cause horrible crashes when it made something incompatible? 

There are more issues too - creating symlinked folders requires Administrator-permission'd command line use, which means that you have to be on an admin account... and know more than I did a year ago about programming, so it's not an option for a starter pack. 

I'd like to be able to provide a patch, but it's not practical :(.  On the other hand, you don't need to get the new version of the pack - you can just go through the changelog and replicate anything particularly important; I actually improved how much detail I record when someone asked me to do that for r23.  Most updates are small stuff to make sure new players get the latest and best, not essential stuff!
 Donations here.

DeusMortem

• Bay Watcher
  • my dwarf has an atrocious spatial sense
    • View Profile

On the other hand, you don't need to get the new version of the pack - you can just go through the changelog and replicate anything particularly important;

I guess i will try to do that than and you were right about the delay with the macros i always copy paste my keybindings and for some reason there was the delay activated.
 Thank you again for this great pack really makes it a lot easier to get started ^^
Eripe Diem

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I created a torrent for version 53 and started seeding it.

http://meshcraft.net/torrent/PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r53.torrent

or

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a4a9af0da28ab9fbd07f7971c8346c2d1ba8ba81&dn=PeridexisErrant+LNP+r53.zip
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:03:26 am by catpaw »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Wow.  Yesterday, I saw a link to this article on /r/dwarffortress, and thought "that's cool". 

I woke up this morning to an extra three thousand downloads on DFFD (I'd expect 300 usually), and an email from dropbox saying that my public links had been suspended because they'd been getting more than 20GB/day of traffic.  Well, it does warn everyone on the link... and I'll need to find a new mirror. 

Have fun, new players!
 Donations here.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dude just put in the torrent instead of the Dropbox link.

rhenzar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Signed up for the forums to say this. How do I install Stonesense into the LNP? I found Stonesense files in C:\...\PeridexisErrant LNP r53\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\stonesense, but I can't figure out how to enable them! Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
rhenzar

EDIT: Also, how do I zoom in? Not moving between layers, but changing the size of tiles on the screen?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:21:34 pm by rhenzar »

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

EDIT: Also, how do I zoom in? Not moving between layers, but changing the size of tiles on the screen?

[ and ]

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

Signed up for the forums to say this. How do I install Stonesense into the LNP? I found Stonesense files in C:\...\PeridexisErrant LNP r53\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\stonesense, but I can't figure out how to enable them! Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
rhenzar

Stonesense comes pre-installed with the pack, to launch stonesense just type 'stonesense' or 'ssense' in the DFHack console during gameplay.

The key to zoom in depends on your keybindings. I believe the default is [ and ] or the using mouse wheel.

rhenzar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Stonesense comes pre-installed with the pack, to launch stonesense just type 'stonesense' or 'ssense' in the DFHack console during gameplay.

The key to zoom in depends on your keybindings. I believe the default is [ and ] or the using mouse wheel.

[ and ]

Thanks, they're both working now.

Guvnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow.  Yesterday, I saw a link to this article on /r/dwarffortress, and thought "that's cool". 

I woke up this morning to an extra three thousand downloads on DFFD (I'd expect 300 usually), and an email from dropbox saying that my public links had been suspended because they'd been getting more than 20GB/day of traffic.  Well, it does warn everyone on the link... and I'll need to find a new mirror. 

Have fun, new players!

Yeah my bad. Not only did I redownload to get back into it but started a succession game in my office so there are 4 downloads accounted for.

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just getting back into df with this pack and I'm having trouble getting quickfort to work correctly with its query commands. I think it might have to do with with the mouse enabled stuff. Has anyone else had this problem?

whatnameshouldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just getting back into df with this pack and I'm having trouble getting quickfort to work correctly with its query commands. I think it might have to do with with the mouse enabled stuff. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had the same issue. You have to disable the "mousequery track " each time you are going to use QuickFort.

The best option is to set a hot-key for that, I used Alt+Q and Ctrl+Q. Sometimes I had to switch back and forth a few times before it went back to normal (not sure why).

This my version of the edit on the dfhack.init:

Code: [Select]
# mousequery edge scrolling, cursor tracking
mousequery track enable
keybinding add Ctrl-Q "mousequery track enable"
keybinding add Alt-Q "mousequery track disable"

Any optimization is welcomed. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

You can also just leave the mouse over the menus while using Quickfort.
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 385