Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113196 times)

Deathlysouls

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #3900 on: August 29, 2016, 03:27:51 am »

So i have a question. i downloaded the lazynewbpack and get this whenever i try to open Dwarf Therapist...is it just unsupported or am i missing something?

http://imgur.com/glA3PIy

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: August 29, 2016, 05:33:04 am »

Having issues with Armok Vision. It's crashing when I hit ` and it's not showing anything. I also seem to have a 1/4 chunk of the map missing? Not sure because this is my first time using Armok Vision.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: August 29, 2016, 06:56:58 am »

So i have a question. i downloaded the lazynewbpack and get this whenever i try to open Dwarf Therapist...is it just unsupported or am i missing something?

It looks like you actually have the second newest Lazy Newb Pack. There was another update recently to fix that issue.

If you don't want to re-download the pack, you can fix it yourself though by copying a file into your Lazy Newb Pack. Instructions here:
https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

Deathlysouls

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: August 29, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »

It looks like you actually have the second newest Lazy Newb Pack. There was another update recently to fix that issue.

If you don't want to re-download the pack, you can fix it yourself though by copying a file into your Lazy Newb Pack. Instructions here:
https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

Thank you for this reply, i never would of realized it haha... Do you know where i can download the newest version? I've tried the links in this forum as well and had the same problems.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:49:15 pm by Deathlysouls »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: August 29, 2016, 06:26:46 pm »

Having issues with Armok Vision. It's crashing when I hit ` and it's not showing anything. I also seem to have a 1/4 chunk of the map missing? Not sure because this is my first time using Armok Vision.

Probably best to ask in the Armok Vision thread, if it's not working when you
- have a fort open in DF
- are using the latest pack (currently r6)
- have tried opening the menu with [Esc] and increased or decreased the render distance
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: August 29, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

Thank you for this reply, i never would of realized it haha... Do you know where i can download the newest version? I've tried the links in this forum as well and had the same problems.

I just double-checked and revision 6 (0.43.03-r06) should include a working Dwarf Therapist memory map. Are you sure you are running -r06 and not -r05?

You can download the latest version of PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack here.

Sasquatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: August 29, 2016, 07:10:45 pm »

Probably best to ask in the Armok Vision thread, if it's not working when you
- have a fort open in DF
- are using the latest pack (currently r6)
- have tried opening the menu with [Esc] and increased or decreased the render distance

Ya i have r6. I just decided to get back into DF yesterday. Downloaded: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r06. I guess my question before I take it to Japa, is it working for everyone else? Trying to rule out a pack issue first.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: August 31, 2016, 03:00:22 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r05!
As usual, you can get it here.

This release focusses on content updates and bugfixes - Armok Vision is prettier than ever from the new first-person mode; SoundCenSe is like Soundsense but shinier; and there are many smaller things (just read the changelog).

Work is ongoing on the update to 64-bit DF 43.05, but expected to take a while longer (nobody knows exactly how long).  Until then, remember that the 32bit version - this one! - is better than it's ever been before  :D

Strike the Earth!

0.43.03-r05
 - added SoundCenSe
 - added Lee's Color Scheme v2
 - fixed keybinding for gui/settings-manager
 - re-enabled TwbT by default (in DFHack tab)
 - misc minor tweaks (eg no blank line in tooltips)
 - added option to hide DFHack console window
 - updated Armok Vision
 - updated Mayday and Spacefox graphics

SHA256:  3beb823b7bc44af68f079ca22b1c69d60365524e7be2e081bca5f7393bdbbde0

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Are you distributing .NET4, GTK-Sharp and Microsoft Visual C++ 2013  also? Or is it included in a readme somewhere?
SoundCense didn't work without them and a reboot last time I tried.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: August 31, 2016, 06:09:12 am »

Are you distributing .NET4, GTK-Sharp and Microsoft Visual C++ 2013  also? Or is it included in a readme somewhere?
SoundCense didn't work without them and a reboot last time I tried.

This is listed in the SoundCenSe readme.
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: August 31, 2016, 08:38:59 am »

Regarding https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack/commit/69bf06dd0eab0a84f8e04062fc804b1ed3c11d0f - I thought this was an established false-positive. Is that not the case?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: August 31, 2016, 10:24:57 am »

It wasn't removed for having a virus; it was removed because users people kept reporting it here and on the subreddit. If a utility is causing a lots of users' virus scanners to go off every time they download the pack, that's going to be worrying a lot of users. New players may decide not to play the game if they think it might give them a virus. (Viruses can be a big pain to remove.) And even if you know an app is safe, it's still a nuisance to have the virus scanner go to full alert every time there's an update.

I'm surprised Dwarf Mockup wasn't removed too. It's usually one of those two apps that get reported.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: August 31, 2016, 12:29:45 pm »

What about PyLNP, then? That tends to trigger virus scanners too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: August 31, 2016, 05:17:01 pm »

PyLNP looks pretty clean to me. Only a couple of scanners that I've never heard of report it as a threat (Jiangmin and Zillya). Users with one of those two scanners are probably used to them going off all the time.

0.10e0.10f0.110.12
Virus Name
Reporting Scanner
Linux-i6861/551/551/551/55
Backdoor/Python.a
Jiangmin
Linux-x861/551/551/551/55
Backdoor.Linux.dcb
Jiangmin
Windows1/561/551/541/56
Trojan.AntiFW.Win32.1086
Zillya
Mac0/540/520/540/54
none
n/a

Pack NamePyLNP version
PE's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r06same as Win v0.12
Enay's LinuxLNP 0.43.03-r03same as Linux-x64 v0.11
Lazy Mac Pack (all)same as Mac v0.11

Here's some scans from earlier this month:
scanned every executable in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r03:
Spoiler: virus scans (click to show/hide)
Announcement Window and DwarfMockup get quite a bit more hits than the others and from Virus scanners that I've actually heard of (i.e. ClamAV, McAfee, and AVG).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: August 31, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »

PyLNP is a lot more important to the pack than Announcement Window ;)
 Donations here.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: August 31, 2016, 10:47:59 pm »

Peridexis, thanks for maintaining this as always.  However, I've just grabbed a fresh copy of the LNP (mine's a TAD old) and I'm having trouble with PyLNP.exe.

Windows 8.1 64bit.  I just installed the latest version of Python in case that was the problem (and rebooted, a few times).  When I attempt to run the exe, I get an error stating "This app can't run on your PC  To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher". Similar concern if I run as admin.

Anyone have some recommendations I can try or has seen this issue already and can point me towards the post?
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 385