Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113562 times)

Krombopulous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4005 on: November 08, 2016, 03:24:59 pm »

Hey guys, I'm having a problem where my resolution is squashed using the starter pack: http://imgur.com/a/fyMyi

This resolution persists during actual gameplay, and also in windowed mode, if I try to force it to my native resolution (1920x1080).

The problem disappears if I use DF vanilla, or switch to ASCII mode in the starter pack. Any help is greatly appreciated.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: November 08, 2016, 04:18:41 pm »

That strange. Is your "Fullscreen" Width and Height set to "0" in the "Advanced" tab of the Lazy Newb Pack launcher?

Krombopulous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:35 pm »

That strange. Is your "Fullscreen" Width and Height set to "0" in the "Advanced" tab of the Lazy Newb Pack launcher?

I tried 0 and I tried manually setting 1920x1080, same result either way.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: November 08, 2016, 06:16:44 pm »

Might be an opengl mode limitation.

Does it happen in vanilla?

Krombopulous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: November 08, 2016, 07:11:28 pm »

Nope, the problem disappears if I use vanilla, or switch to ASCII mode in the starter pack.

Krombopulous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: November 08, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »

Hmm actually the problem also goes away if i use any print mode other than the default (TWBT), any downside to TWBT_legacy or Standard?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: November 08, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

I don't know exactly how TWBT_legacy is different from regular TWBT, but the graphics and text won't look as nice in Standard mode.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: November 11, 2016, 06:21:58 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r08!
As usual, you can get it here.

It's been just over a month of quiet updates in the DF community, and the results are beautiful - a multitude of updated graphics packs (bugfixes and some new tiles) is just the beginning!  Meph has drawn a new high-resolution graphics pack based on some unfinished work by Obsidian, which deserves your attention if you have a large screen.

And perhaps most impressive is the latest Armok Vision update - it's gorgeous as ever, and now you can order designations from the 3D interface.  Truly, this is a brave new world for Dwarf Fortress, where our familiar ASCII or tilesets may someday be replaced by a VR-capable 3D interface.

But whatever you think of the possibility, feast your eyes - and strike the earth!

0.43.03-r08
 - updated Armok Vision
 - updated TwbT; fixed many crashes
 - updated Ironhand graphics
 - updated Spacefox graphics
 - updated Mayday graphics
 - updated GemSet graphics
 - updated Obsidian graphics
 - updated Taffer's tilesets
 - added Meph's tileset

SHA256:  611c152a13c00e5ba397cd963b318ecc6b5a7f6df6f452bb36ad2e0a529bf980

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

justjr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: November 11, 2016, 10:34:10 am »

Ok, in the new version most of the graphics tiles don't show up for me, I looked up and it is because of the tag "df_min_version": "0.43.05", at the updated graphic tiles json.manifest, changing it to 0.43.03 does the trick.
It is just with me?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:02 am »

The manifest.json is there to protect you from installing graphics packs that aren't compatible with your version of Dwarf Fortress. Besides changing the manifest.json, you should probably also copy over the "objects" folder from a version of that graphics pack that was intended for use with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03. Graphics packs are basically mods. Using the wrong version of a graphics pack for your version of Dwarf Fortress can corrupt your games.

justjr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: November 11, 2016, 10:41:30 am »

Right.. but the new version is running same old DF 0.43.03, why the graphics are for a unsupported version? It happens on a new install, update, anyway I tried.
Also it says I have a different baseline if try to import, and says broken raws if I try to install graphics over copied save.
But when I copied the graphics folder (*and edit the json manifest), twbt and armok to my old version folder r07, all of it worked fine.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:46:52 am by justjr »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: November 11, 2016, 11:32:42 am »

Right.. but the new version is running same old DF 0.43.03, why the graphics are for a unsupported version? It happens on a new install, update, anyway I tried.
A couple of weeks ago I thought it looked like we would be moving to Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 soon, so I made releases for all the DF v0.43.05 updates to any graphics packs that needed them. I didn't intend for them to be used as-is with DF v0.43.03 packs.

Also it says I have a different baseline if try to import, and says broken raws if I try to install graphics over copied save.
But when I copied the graphics folder (*and edit the json manifest), twbt and armok to my old version folder r07, all of it worked fine.
The Lazy Newb Pack launcher has a few protections in it to keep it from messing up your game. I don't know how it does it, but somehow it can (at least sometimes) determine if something isn't compatible and refuse to install it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: November 12, 2016, 01:40:44 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.03-r09!
As usual, you can get it here.

Nothing to see here... except the graphics packs which were accidentally disabled in yesterday's release.  Oops  :-[

0.43.03-r09
 - remove min_version specifier that was disabling some graphics packs

SHA256:  be489420c5bb299f000409b206f29453af6a98808542e192bac54406aae5083e

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4018 on: November 13, 2016, 06:15:01 am »

Just wanted to ask: what do you do with modded content in my tileset? Because I have things like decorative workshops in the tileset...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sazabi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: November 13, 2016, 11:15:21 am »

Hi guys, what's wrong with dwarf therapist? Skills choise are broken. When i want to change some skills in one dwarven, don't know why, but all saving settings another dwarvens are reboot! I'm don't touch another dwarvens, but they skill will become rebooted (crashed)
Seems problem not therapist. Without therapist i can't change labor settings in dwarvens too. Where my wrong, maybe? Why i can't change labor settings?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:34:28 am by Sazabi »
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 385