Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113369 times)

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4035 on: November 18, 2016, 08:31:17 pm »

hello i am trying to use my old save, which has fortress defence installed. when i install the fortress defense mod on the new lnp, and copy the save over, i get a fatal error about missing organic gloss: vaporstonefd

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: November 18, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »

I'm guessing you are doing this so you can change your graphics pack.

It sounds like you installed Fortress Defense manually and then the mod got removed from your save when you tried to switch graphics packs. If you don't use the LNP launcher to install mods, any mods that you manually installed will get removed from your save files when you switch graphics packs.

You'll probably want to reinstall the same version of Fortress Defense you were using before into your /data/save/region n/raw/objects/ folder. You'll need to do this every time you want to go through some extra steps to keep it installed.

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: November 18, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »

that did it! thank you very much! :)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: November 19, 2016, 08:08:48 am »

As a feedback: the "Dwarf Fortress LNP 0.43.03-r09" ran for many hours yesterday without even one crash.
I only made one break to disable the engravings, which sadly didnt work, so my kings quarters look messed up.
Good to hear that it's more stable now!  Re: engravings, remember that the init setting only controls their *initial* setting (specific/generic), and after creation you can toggle this with a designation.
but i don't want to smooth the walls again, i just don't want the engravigns to look like the room is cluttered with dead dorfs and furniture.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: November 19, 2016, 08:53:08 am »

As a feedback: the "Dwarf Fortress LNP 0.43.03-r09" ran for many hours yesterday without even one crash.
I only made one break to disable the engravings, which sadly didnt work, so my kings quarters look messed up.
Good to hear that it's more stable now!  Re: engravings, remember that the init setting only controls their *initial* setting (specific/generic), and after creation you can toggle this with a designation.
but i don't want to smooth the walls again, i just don't want the engravigns to look like the room is cluttered with dead dorfs and furniture.
And as PeridexisErrant said, there is a designation you can use to toggle display on/off of engravings. I don't have DF available at the moment, so I can't tell you what it is (as I don't use it).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: November 19, 2016, 08:55:57 am »

It's d-v: toggle engravings. Whether you want to is up to you. I find that engraved toggled walls are too bright, typically, while floors can be quite neat - though, sometimes visible is better, especially if you're tiling a particular image.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: November 19, 2016, 07:59:19 pm »

ah, okay, will use that then.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: November 20, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »

Is it possible that the Taffer tileset make it to the Starter Pack someday?
It's already included - install the ASCII graphics, then go to the 'graphics > customise' tab and choose Taffer's tileset.

Oh, I did not know that, thanks!

atari911

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I get here!?
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of Atari911
« Reply #4043 on: November 21, 2016, 03:46:12 pm »

You can also change the default for that setting in the d_init.txt file under:
Code: [Select]
[ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES]
Running the entire world on a 2008 macbook!

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: November 24, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »

Hi,
Dont know if I should mention it here, its about the dfhack alpha2.  There might a lot of bug I'm unaware of but the alt+w to access workflow plug-in isn't working.

Also, maybe some other people already know how to fix it.

Cheers!

Will you continue upgrading once the new versions of DF become stable?

Yes, of course!

Here's what I usually do:
  • Release a few incomplete versions at a different URL, for people who are in a real hurry.  43.05 wasn't a big enough change to justify this in the absence of eg. Therapist for 64-bit.
  • Create a final stable release of the old DF version (eg http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8687)
  • Once DFHack etc are compatible, switch the move the old pack to the new URL, and the now-stable new pack to the main url
  • Keep releasing!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: November 24, 2016, 04:29:22 pm »

Hi,
Dont know if I should mention it here, its about the dfhack alpha2.  There might a lot of bug I'm unaware of but the alt+w to access workflow plug-in isn't working.

You should mention that in the DFHack thread instead, since this pack doesn't use alpha2. However, this has come up in this thread numerous times, and the reason is that that keybinding was removed in 0.43.03 due to the improved vanilla manager potentially messing with workflow. It might be possible to re-add the binding now, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: November 24, 2016, 06:06:59 pm »

Hi,

You should mention that in the DFHack thread instead, since this pack doesn't use alpha2. However, this has come up in this thread numerous times, and the reason is that that keybinding was removed in 0.43.03 due to the improved vanilla manager potentially messing with workflow. It might be possible to re-add the binding now, though.
I'd note that this pack re-adds the keybinding in question, but no longer has a GUI option to activate workflow.  I thought this was a good compromise.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: November 24, 2016, 08:40:05 pm »

@PeridexisErrant

This could be me, but the current version within vanilla (43.xx) which has a different version is more difficult to manage, especially if I compare with workflow. 

For example, I cannot figure out how to get "any" rough gem to be cut.

Dunfee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: November 28, 2016, 06:24:08 pm »

I browsed the last few pages of this thread hoping to see an update but any word on the 0.43.05 update? I know there was a lot of work that needed to be put into it to make it all work (especially around dfhack) but is there any place I can go to see the overall progress and how much is left to do or even play an alpha build while I'm waiting?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: November 28, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »

There are a couple alpha builds of DFHack. DT is what's taking longer this time - it has basic support for 64-bit Linux (but is crashing a lot, from what I hear).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 385