Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109984 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4050 on: November 28, 2016, 08:14:23 pm »

I browsed the last few pages of this thread hoping to see an update but any word on the 0.43.05 update? I know there was a lot of work that needed to be put into it to make it all work (especially around dfhack) but is there any place I can go to see the overall progress and how much is left to do or even play an alpha build while I'm waiting?
Soon, I think.  There's an unofficial memory layout so Dwarf Therapist can work with 32-bit DF 43.05; DFHack is on it's second alpha release, and after that goes stable it's just TwbT.  Then I can release a stable-but-32bit update.

Longer term plans really depend on what happens (and how much I can fit around full-time work), but I'm thinking I might have a 32bit pack with Therapist that I just build once and leave alone, and a regularly updated 64bit pack without it.

This could be me, but the current version within vanilla (43.xx) which has a different version is more difficult to manage, especially if I compare with workflow. 

For example, I cannot figure out how to get "any" rough gem to be cut.
Try enable autogems, then use the new workshop order.  Workflow can cut any particular gem, but this does all of them :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: November 28, 2016, 08:43:42 pm »

(The autogems addition is a standing order, in the 'o' menu, in case it was unclear.)

DFHack is still dealing with some 64-bit issues, although it's gotten better. There was a structure fix today, and Ruby still has some issues on Win64.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 28, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

DFHack is still dealing with some 64-bit issues, although it's gotten better. There was a structure fix today, and Ruby still has some issues on Win64.

Good to hear!  If it's just 64bit issues remaining, would the 32bit alpha2 be suitable for a stable pack?
 Donations here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: November 29, 2016, 06:33:32 am »

Meph's tileset is a welcome addition to the starter pack, imho :)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: November 29, 2016, 10:42:28 am »

Good to hear!  If it's just 64bit issues remaining, would the 32bit alpha2 be suitable for a stable pack?

Are 64-bit saves compatible with 32-bit saves?  If so, then I would consider downloading and playing in 43.05 32-bit for now.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

Are 64-bit saves compatible with 32-bit saves?  If so, then I would consider downloading and playing in 43.05 32-bit for now.
They are supposed to be save-compatible, but it can only be guaranteed in the 32-to-64 direction.  A 64-bit machine might make a save file too big to load into a 32-bit version of DF.  More of a problem for well-traveled adventurers on large worlds with long histories, but still a concern.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 29, 2016, 11:58:31 am »

There are a couple alpha builds of DFHack. DT is what's taking longer this time - it has basic support for 64-bit Linux (but is crashing a lot, from what I hear).

As far as I play with 43.05 x64 (windows) with dfhack alpha2 everything appears to be going smooth, no crash except for Labormanager that kept pausing the game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:00:33 pm by argh226 »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 29, 2016, 12:37:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They are supposed to be save-compatible, but it can only be guaranteed in the 32-to-64 direction.  A 64-bit machine might make a save file too big to load into a 32-bit version of DF.  More of a problem for well-traveled adventurers on large worlds with long histories, but still a concern.

I think a LNP for 43.05 (32-bit) would still be an upgrade from 43.03 saves. 
We will get the goodies of v43.05 but limited to the memory cap of v43.03. 

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 29, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »

I mean, 32-bit DF could theoretically make saves too big to load into 32-bit DF too, since memory usage can spike sometimes when loading/saving a game. (It would be pretty hard to successfully save a game like that, though.)

As far as I play with 43.05 x64 (windows) with dfhack alpha2 everything appears to be going smooth, no crash except for Labormanager that kept pausing the game.
Have you tried actively running anything, or are you just letting it run in the background? Letting it run in the background doesn't do anything, unless you've set up stuff to run in the background or used the default dfhack.init, but even that only involves a small number of DFHack tools.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ordenrahl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: December 03, 2016, 06:52:52 pm »

I can run the latest version of DF from the Bay12 website but the lazy newb pack crashes every time I try to launch. A black window pops up and then vanishes.   Is there a setting I need to adjust? I've never had a problem with the lazy newb packs but It's been a year or two since I played.

Ok, it seems to have something to do with the texture pack. If I run lazy newb with the ASCII pack it will launch. If I install Phobus it crashes.

Edit:
I installed the newest version of DF from the website that comes with ironhand pre-installed and that works just fine.  Not sure what the issue is with the Lazy Newb Pack and my setup?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:57:48 am by ordenrahl »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: December 09, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »

PTW.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: December 10, 2016, 02:11:01 am »

I can run the latest version of DF from the Bay12 website but the lazy newb pack crashes every time I try to launch. A black window pops up and then vanishes.   Is there a setting I need to adjust? I've never had a problem with the lazy newb packs but It's been a year or two since I played.

Ok, it seems to have something to do with the texture pack. If I run lazy newb with the ASCII pack it will launch. If I install Phobus it crashes.

Edit:
I installed the newest version of DF from the website that comes with ironhand pre-installed and that works just fine.  Not sure what the issue is with the Lazy Newb Pack and my setup?

That sounds like text will be text. See if there's an option for it somewhere.

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: December 18, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

I wouldn't mind 32bit version of pack for now, if that is possible.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: December 18, 2016, 05:24:37 pm »

I wouldn't mind 32bit version of pack for now, if that is possible.
That's the plan!  The only caveat is that TwbT may be 64-bit-only...
 Donations here.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: December 18, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »

It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 385