Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098367 times)

Mawnster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4065 on: December 19, 2016, 04:33:16 pm »

So, hey, I'm a beginner at Dwarf Fortress and I'm using your pack, and while doing the initial labor assignments, I noticed that Dwarf Therapist was missing the Blacksmithing labor.
My game version is 43.03, Dwarf Therapist is 37.0.0 .

I'm not sure what's wrong, so thanks in advance.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: December 19, 2016, 04:57:53 pm »

@Mawnster: You're in the wrong thread, for future reports. Bugs/comments etc. on the tools included in the pack belong in the threads for those tools (in this case this one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.2865), not the pack compiling them.
However, the issue has been reported (more than half a year ago, by me...), so they'll get to it at their own pace. Furthermore, it's not missing from all the views, so you can change to one of the other views to modify it (or do it from within DF itself).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: December 19, 2016, 05:06:04 pm »

Heh. All this time, and I never noticed that due using custom sheets ^^;;

Mawnster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: December 19, 2016, 05:35:35 pm »

@Mawnster: You're in the wrong thread, for future reports. Bugs/comments etc. on the tools included in the pack belong in the threads for those tools (in this case this one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.2865), not the pack compiling them.
However, the issue has been reported (more than half a year ago, by me...), so they'll get to it at their own pace. Furthermore, it's not missing from all the views, so you can change to one of the other views to modify it (or do it from within DF itself).

I posted here because I thought the issue would be a problem of having the wrong version of either the game or the utility, and that the version used in the pack wouldn't necessarily be the latest version of Dwarf Therapist.

Anyway, thanks for the information!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 19, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »

I do check compatibility, and it *is* the latest version ;P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mawnster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
nd
« Reply #4070 on: December 20, 2016, 09:14:03 am »

I do check compatibility, and it *is* the latest version ;P

Yeah, of course, I thought I just might've accidentally updated the game or the Dwarf Therapist. And my bad for not checking if it was the latest version or not.

Reyajh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 23, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »

Hello. I'm new to DF & in the process of setting things up I made a mistake: In the LNP under Graphics --> Choose, I accidentally clicked 'Simplify Graphic Folders'. Is this something I should be concerned about & if so, can I somehow just dl the LNP itself or should I dl the whole package again and then perhaps just delete the old LNP & move the new one into that folder so I don't loose my saves? I'm not sure how to proceed if I should undo that mistake:p

Also, I noticed before that happened, that I had gotten an:
stderr:
Running PyLNP 0.12a (OS: win, Compiled: True)
WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.user does not exist

That is still in my folder. Is this something I should address as well, or just ignore...
I apologize if this has been addressed already or if in the wrong place & thank you in advance for your time. -Cheers.

Edit: My version is PyLNP 0.12a
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:59:22 pm by Reyajh »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: December 23, 2016, 10:36:06 pm »

Welcome!  You don't need to worry about either of these things :)

The 'Simplify Graphic Folders' option just removes any files that aren't needed, which means that you can dump a (copy of a) whole DF install in LNP/Graphics/ and use it as a graphics pack.  Given that they're already simplified, it probably didn't do much!

You can just delete the stderr - it's simply noting that the first time you ran PyLNP, there was no user config so it had to autodetect the scaling it should use.
 Donations here.

Reyajh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 23, 2016, 11:27:33 pm »

Awesome! Thanks!! And really appreciate your work!!! ;D

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 29, 2016, 08:09:49 pm »

Any chances of a .43.05 release someday soon?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:28 pm »

On the day that DFHack has a stable release and TwbT updates, so will I!

When is that?  I don't know - DFHack today released alpha4, which I think is unprecedented.  Mifki had a test TwbT-for-43.05 working on Mac a while ago, but it's unclear how much work remains.
 Donations here.

Dunfee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: December 31, 2016, 11:55:08 am »

On the day that DFHack has a stable release and TwbT updates, so will I!

When is that?  I don't know - DFHack today released alpha4, which I think is unprecedented.  Mifki had a test TwbT-for-43.05 working on Mac a while ago, but it's unclear how much work remains.

As much as I can't wait for a 43.05 release (especially if is a 64 bit one) I am really happy you folks are putting in this work. It really is a thankless job and I would have never played dwarf fortress if it wasn't for LNP.

Will your eventual 43.05 release contain dwarf therapist? Last time I checked there was a lot of work to do there and I think its one of the more important things in the pack

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: December 31, 2016, 09:19:50 pm »

As much as I can't wait for a 43.05 release (especially if is a 64 bit one) I am really happy you folks are putting in this work. It really is a thankless job and I would have never played dwarf fortress if it wasn't for LNP.

Will your eventual 43.05 release contain dwarf therapist? Last time I checked there was a lot of work to do there and I think its one of the more important things in the pack

Thanks  :D  (and happy new year!)

News yesterday - Mifki has an test 43.05 64bit Windows build (for dhack alpha3), but doesn't plan to work on 32bit TwbT.  Therapist development has shown some small signs of life lately, but it's probably going to take longer for 64bit support (source: wild guessing only).

If I have to choose, I'll be going with 64bit + TwbT rather than 32bit + Therapist - I'd still make at least one 32bit release, but I don't want to maintain two versions of the pack.  However, DFHack has a number of very nice options that (while not identical) can largely replace Therapist.  Enabling autolabor or manipulator are good places to start.
 Donations here.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 31, 2016, 09:58:36 pm »

I'm fine with just manipulator, if it means the pack will update sooner. I tend to use it more anyways.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: January 01, 2017, 06:59:13 am »

If I have to choose, I'll be going with 64bit + TwbT rather than 32bit + Therapist - I'd still make at least one 32bit release, but I don't want to maintain two versions of the pack.  However, DFHack has a number of very nice options that (while not identical) can largely replace Therapist.  Enabling autolabor or manipulator are good places to start.

Go all out on 64 bit ASAP I'd say!
And the sooner you release a new version the sooner Toady will release a new version making everything incompatible again :)
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 385