Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098246 times)

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4110 on: January 30, 2017, 10:22:38 am »

I'd avoid saving in program files because of the goofy rules about where things get saved physically. Even some anti-virus stuff doesn't work properly there. Anymore I reserve that for MS stuff only.

Try installing everything in a  \games or \games\df folder or some such.

sdp0et

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: January 30, 2017, 12:12:35 pm »

I'd avoid saving in program files because of the goofy rules about where things get saved physically. Even some anti-virus stuff doesn't work properly there. Anymore I reserve that for MS stuff only.

Try installing everything in a  \games or \games\df folder or some such.

Windows 7 has some rules about applications writing to the "Program Files" directories.  They seem to get applied inconsistently (which really means I haven't bothered to figure out what they actually are). I never "install" anything there that involves me unzipping something to a directory.  I second the suggestion to try it somewhere else. 
sdp0et has been stressed lately. He was been accosted by work recently. He has been annoyed by coworkers. He admired a wonderful bed today. He admired a wonderful woman today.  He needs Coca-Cola to get through the working day.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: January 30, 2017, 12:45:32 pm »

/ProgramData/Bay12/  has been working very well and consistently for me. YMMV.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:29 am »

why is Announcement Window missing from the recent download?
In the last download of 43 I had it in
was there issues with it?

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #4114 on: February 01, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

why is Announcement Window missing from the recent download?
In the last download of 43 I had it in
was there issues with it?

If I remember correctly, it was the source of almost all of the false virus alert hits that were happening, so it got pulled for simplicity and convenience sake.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: February 01, 2017, 11:55:34 am »

Just a heads up, the next Armok Vision will be able to load dwarf fortress creature graphics packs directly. Whether or not to support that in the launcher is up to you.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: February 01, 2017, 06:03:51 pm »

Just a heads up, the next Armok Vision will be able to load dwarf fortress creature graphics packs directly. Whether or not to support that in the launcher is up to you.

Awesome!  Let's discuss how this works in the Armok Vision thread, I think it fits better there.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: February 04, 2017, 11:25:03 pm »

Has soundsense had any updates recently?  I downloaded my 43.03 a while ago, and one of my java updates broke it.

I've been looking more into my own question, but there's nothing in the soundsense thread about an update and my soundsense is supposed to update itself, but still has the same problem.

Sigh.

Here's hoping they fix whatever it is before therapist 64bit is finally a thing.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #4118 on: February 05, 2017, 08:46:41 pm »

One question: is x64 automatically opened (i assume not as i do not think thats how it would work considering experience) if it isnt how do i open it with the launcher?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:51:16 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: February 05, 2017, 09:57:39 pm »

One question: is x64 automatically opened (i assume not as i do not think thats how it would work considering experience) if it isnt how do i open it with the launcher?
If by "x64" you mean "x64 DF", the current version of this pack (0.43.03-r09) distributes DF 0.43.03, which is 32-bit-only on all platforms.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #4120 on: February 06, 2017, 07:08:38 am »

Ah OK my bad, was hoping for a bit more power so I could kil the general in those... Unsacred lands.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: February 06, 2017, 09:37:13 am »

64-bit DF won't give you "more power". The only thing it really changes is the amount of memory DF can use without crashing. It may also be a little faster, but not significantly, so if you're running into performance issues with a specific fort in 32-bit DF, chances are that 64-bit DF will also be slow.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: February 09, 2017, 10:43:17 am »

I wish we could find out a way to push more HP into a single threaded application.  Or kind of remove some of the overall task into something else.  All we need to run this a single core ultra-high Ghz CPU, which isn't the trend anymore.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:09 pm »

64-bit DF won't give you "more power". The only thing it really changes is the amount of memory DF can use without crashing. It may also be a little faster, but not significantly, so if you're running into performance issues with a specific fort in 32-bit DF, chances are that 64-bit DF will also be slow.

I believe it does make it much easier to run large embarks and/or very long world gens without crashes.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: February 10, 2017, 01:58:50 pm »

I believe it does make it much easier to run large embarks and/or very long world gens without crashes.

Of course, because those use more memory, which is more likely to result in crashes in a 32-bit build due to running out of memory.

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 385