Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112424 times)

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4125 on: February 10, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

I'm afraid I'm not understanding the new importer.

I get this message after selecting the old DF folder: WARNING: Can only import content from single basedir.

If I don't select the main DF folder, I get: Import failed. Does not seem to be a DF install directory.

This was originally posted as a question in October, but I haven't seen an answer here. I'm having the same problem. Which folder is it asking for, when I try to "Import from previous installation"? Nothing seems to work.

I don't really need my old game, but after two hourse of churning out a new world, the game crashed before I got it saved. So I figured I'd use the world I'd created last May. But I can't get that to work, either.

Still, it's no big deal. I can always try creating a new world with a shorter history. But I thought I'd ask.

PS. This starter pack has always been great. I really appreciate it!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: February 10, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »

You can copy the saves manually if the importer causes trouble. Just copy the ...\saves\regionX folders of interest from the old DF version to the new one.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #4127 on: February 10, 2017, 06:36:05 pm »

You can copy the saves manually if the importer causes trouble.

Thanks. I guess I was confused and thought that there was more to it than that. (I do know about updating the graphics, since I'll be using a new graphics pack.)

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: February 10, 2017, 08:53:47 pm »

This has probably been asked a million times, but as there are over 200 pages to peruse, I'll ask again... is there an ETA on this being updated to 43.05?

Rusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: February 10, 2017, 10:21:06 pm »

This has probably been asked a million times, but as there are over 200 pages to peruse, I'll ask again... is there an ETA on this being updated to 43.05?

From what I understand, it's a matter of getting dfhack and DT done first, so... No.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: February 11, 2017, 01:00:29 am »

From what I understand, it's a matter of getting dfhack and DT done first, so... No.
Unfortunately this is correct.  There's an alpha version of DFHack, and Therapist supports 32-bit 43.05, but there's no TwbT.  So we'll continue to wait and see...

I get this message after selecting the old DF folder: WARNING: Can only import content from single basedir.

If I don't select the main DF folder, I get: Import failed. Does not seem to be a DF install directory.
This was originally posted as a question in October, but I haven't seen an answer here. I'm having the same problem. Which folder is it asking for, when I try to "Import from previous installation"? Nothing seems to work.

I don't really need my old game, but after two hourse of churning out a new world, the game crashed before I got it saved. So I figured I'd use the world I'd created last May. But I can't get that to work, either.
It should work by selecting the old DF dir, but apparently this doesn't work for everyone.  Unfortunately it does work on my computer, so there's not much I can do to fix it. :(
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #4131 on: February 13, 2017, 03:05:05 pm »

It should work by selecting the old DF dir, but apparently this doesn't work for everyone.  Unfortunately it does work on my computer, so there's not much I can do to fix it. :(

If it matters, I didn't use the popup that asked if I wanted to import an old game when I first started the new version of the Starter Pack. At the time, I'd planned to created a new world. Later, when that failed, I went to the top of the window, to File, where I selected Import from Previous Installation (or something like that) from there.

It probably doesn't matter, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. (I don't know crap about this stuff.) At any rate, it was easy enough to move the saved game folder manually. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place. (Maybe because that popup made me think there was more to it than that? I don't know.)

Either way, it wasn't a big deal. Thanks again!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:10 pm »

Unfortunately this is correct.  There's an alpha version of DFHack, and Therapist supports 32-bit 43.05, but there's no TwbT.  So we'll continue to wait and see...

I mean, at this rate, I'm somewhat worried we'll end up getting 0.45.01 before TWBT gets updated to the latest version, much less therapist.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:29 pm »

I mean, at this rate, I'm somewhat worried we'll end up getting 0.45.01 before TWBT gets updated to the latest version, much less therapist.

There was a TwbT build for (iirc) DFHack 43.05-alpha3, and the plan is to support 64bit (with 32bit if other people do some of the work).

So while Therapist will probably go, I'm not too worried - check out the manipulator or labormanager plugins for alternatives.
 Donations here.

Adrinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: February 15, 2017, 12:00:36 am »

I compiled some technically un-finished stuff for 43.05:
  • Dwarf Therapist
  • DF Hack 43.05 Beta1
  • TWBT
It also includes a basic setup with Ironhand graphics and soundsense + the sounds pack

I'm not the best at putting things together in a pack myself, but all the parts are there for you guys to use if you wanted.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/runh9kstf2a7noc/Dwarf_Fortress_43.05_TWBT_Ironhand_%2B_Therapist_%2B_DFHack.zip

Edit: This is all for x64 Windows

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:49 am »

• Dwarf Therapist
  • DF Hack 43.05 Beta1
  • TWBT
It also includes a basic setup with Ironhand graphics and soundsense + the sounds pack

I'm not the best at putting things together in a pack myself, but all the parts are there for you guys to use if you wanted.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/runh9kstf2a7noc/Dwarf_Fortress_43.05_TWBT_Ironhand_%2B_Therapist_%2B_DFHack.zip

Have you updated the Therapist memory layout for x64, or just compiled the executable as x64?

Either way, nice work!  You can use https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack to build a pack if you want the full setup :)
 Donations here.

Rusty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: February 15, 2017, 02:29:36 am »

Nooo.... I've heard this song and seen this dance before.  I know exactly what will happen. 

They are going to release on the same day.  The pack will be updated in the morning... and then be behind again that afternoon.

It is inevitable.

Adrinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: February 15, 2017, 02:37:58 pm »

• Dwarf Therapist
  • DF Hack 43.05 Beta1
  • TWBT

Have you updated the Therapist memory layout for x64, or just compiled the executable as x64?

Either way, nice work!  You can use https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack to build a pack if you want the full setup :)

I added the memory layouts made by someone else on this forum, I did it quite a while before considering compiling everything else, so there may be more up-to-date layouts, it does work, however.

Edit: Wow, my bad everyone, it's the 32 bit version of therapist... I forgot I compiled 32 bit versions of everything first... TWBT and DFHack are correct, however.

Edit2: Was gonna try and compile one for you, but what exists is too buggy to really consider: "useable". Manipulator should work well though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:11:48 pm by Adrinus »

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #4138 on: February 15, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »

Edit: Wow, my bad everyone, it's the 32 bit version of therapist... I forgot I compiled 32 bit versions of everything first... TWBT and DFHack are correct, however.

Is this something I can use for Adventure Mode, since I won't be using Dwarf Therapist for that? I can't play the current version in the Starter Pack (I hope it's just the current version), since the game crashes so often. If not, I'll just wait for a new version. Thanks!

Adrinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: February 15, 2017, 09:02:04 pm »

Is this something I can use for Adventure Mode, since I won't be using Dwarf Therapist for that? I can't play the current version in the Starter Pack (I hope it's just the current version), since the game crashes so often. If not, I'll just wait for a new version. Thanks!

It should work for adventure mode just fine. Fortress mode works as well, you just have to use the built-in DFhack way of managing labors [(u)nit list, (l)abors]

I haven't tested Adventure Mode a ton yet, but I was able to run around a bit. So I can't guarantee it won't crash.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:04:46 pm by Adrinus »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 385