Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113342 times)

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4215 on: March 10, 2017, 09:40:59 am »

Is anybody else getting an error with Quickfort?  I've never had a problem before, so it seems to be related to the 64x edition.  When I try press Alt-F to start a design I get the following error.  It is the same with every template, and I've restarted and run in administrator mode to try and fix it.  No joy.

Diggy diggy hole.

PleaseBugMeNot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: March 10, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »

Is anybody else getting an error with Quickfort?  I've never had a problem before, so it seems to be related to the 64x edition.  When I try press Alt-F to start a design I get the following error.  It is the same with every template, and I've restarted and run in administrator mode to try and fix it.  No joy.

Just a hunch: try putting the game in another drive like D:/... so it is not in C:

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: March 10, 2017, 07:39:41 pm »

Minor question: In the standard error file I get the following message:

Running PyLNP 0.12a (OS: win, Compiled: True)
WARNING: JSONConfiguration: File PyLNP.user does not exist

But the pyLNP.user file is right there. Does this mean anything, and if not why the error message?

The first time you run PyLNP, the .user file doesn't exist, so it writes that message and then creates the file.  Then the error log is retained until something overwrites it!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pundik Paddledflame

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:12 pm »

Manually create this "macros" folder in your DF - "\data\init\macros" . This error was before, but sometimes DF distribution has this folder, sometimes no :).

To PeridexisErrant. Please, make the folder for future release. For some reason, Toady deleted it in official release, but we need it :).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: March 11, 2017, 01:17:41 am »

Manually create this "macros" folder in your DF - "\data\init\macros" . This error was before, but sometimes DF distribution has this folder, sometimes no :).

To PeridexisErrant. Please, make the folder for future release. For some reason, Toady deleted it in official release, but we need it :).

Gah, I'm pretty sure this has happened before to some other utility I was working on.  Ah well, it should stay fixed in the starter pack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

gopp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:43 pm »

I'm getting an appcrash error on load, I've installed both versions (x86, x64) of C++ 2015 redist update 3.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: March 11, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »

So what's the latest 32bit winXP friendly version with DwarfTheRapist?
It will be the last version i play until my new Hardware arrives.

I haven't supported XP since it reached Microsoft's end-of-life date, but the latest stable pack is 32bit.

thanks. well, i'll use the latest stable 32 bit version then :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PleaseBugMeNot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: March 11, 2017, 10:48:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm getting an appcrash error on load, I've installed both versions (x86, x64) of C++ 2015 redist update 3.

Try to disable autoupdate or install openssl... no idea why it crashes tbh. What windows is that? Can you attach /logs/run log so we can see what's going on?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:49:32 pm by PleaseBugMeNot »

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: March 12, 2017, 12:08:25 am »

Just a hunch: try putting the game in another drive like D:/... so it is not in C:
Is it supposed to have two dots before the extension?

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: March 12, 2017, 05:15:10 am »

This is the solution!  Thank you. :)

Is it supposed to have two dots before the extension?

That's generated by Quickfort itself. :)
Diggy diggy hole.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: March 12, 2017, 12:35:09 pm »

I've been having issues with crashes when saving, which is extremely irritating, so I'm looking for tips of things to try to improve reliability.

More specifically, an attempt to save will sometimes crash instantly, before the progress bar shows up. Windows shows the "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working" popup.

I'm using the pack with Meph's tileset, which I haven't been able to switch out of due to getting errors. I found a fix in this thread but it didn't work - not that I especially want to swap out.

Things I've done that seemed to help:
  • Turning off compressed saves
  • Turning off DFHack's multilevel view

Those have also reduced similar crashes when loading.

From snooping around, it seems TWBT might be able to cause crashes, but I seem to pretty much need that with my tileset. I'm not sure what the difference is between TWBT and TWBT_LEGACY, but from messing around a bit the latter seems like it might be more stable. However, it seems to give completely different resolutions that I don't really care for.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's pretty difficult to progress a game when every few attempts to save loses your progress.

Edit: It also seems to become less reliable the longer I go without saving.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:45:44 pm by Nobak »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: March 12, 2017, 01:53:58 pm »

You could try "quicksave". I doubt that compressed saves would be the issue, particularly if it's crashing early on, so I'd say TwbT would be the more likely cause. If you could obtain crash reports, that would help troubleshoot the issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: March 12, 2017, 06:37:30 pm »

You could try "quicksave". I doubt that compressed saves would be the issue, particularly if it's crashing early on, so I'd say TwbT would be the more likely cause. If you could obtain crash reports, that would help troubleshoot the issue.

This seems to help a lot. I hadn't had a crash on an autosave, and likewise quicksave hasn't failed yet either over 10 or 15 saves. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: March 12, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »

As for crash reports, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The Windows event viewer seems to show two different kinds of crash:
  • Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll; version: 10.0.30319.1; Exception code: 0x40000015. According to a quick search, that exception code is STATUS_FATAL_APP_EXIT. Faulting module is a DF file.
  • Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll; version: 10.0.14393.479; Exception code: 0xe06d7363. According to a quick search, that exception seems to be used in a pretty general way by the Visual C++ Compiler for unhandled exceptions. Faulting module is a Windows file.
I don't know if any of this info is useful, however.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: March 12, 2017, 10:04:29 pm »

Perhaps this is still relevant, if the issue appears to be TwbT-related. Also, MSVCR100.dll is no more a DF file than KERNELBASE.dll - DF just happens to distribute the former so people don't happen to install it to run DF. Either way, those don't provide much information other than "DF crashed", unfortunately.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 385