Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098440 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4305 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:30 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

(note that this is still a pre-release, as DFHack is not officially stable yet)

0.43.05-r03
 - updated Dwarf Mockup; a large upgrade I missed for a year (oops)
 - removed Meph's tileset due to consistent reports of crashes
 - updated DFHack to 430.5-beta2
 - updated TwbT to v5.83

SHA256:  7da6079d1f3b7ce9539b4ac8bf614010a4f02edbfb60a16593d88034626515b1

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:04:53 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

knedl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 01, 2017, 12:21:57 pm »

Is there a 32bit Starter pack for 43.05?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 01, 2017, 01:16:42 pm »

No. PeridexisErrant decided the effort to set up a parallel pack construction line for a 32 bit version that is going to become completely obsolete in a few years wasn't worth it/the time wasn't available for it.

That doesn't block someone else to volunteer to make one, though (and even get their own name on that version).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: May 02, 2017, 03:14:37 am »

Is there a 32bit Starter pack for 43.05?
No. PeridexisErrant decided the effort to set up a parallel pack construction line for a 32 bit version that is going to become completely obsolete in a few years wasn't worth it/the time wasn't available for it.

That doesn't block someone else to volunteer to make one, though (and even get their own name on that version).

It's not even the construction line - you can just pass "--bits 32" to https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack and you get a 32bit pack.

I really don't want to maintain two changelogs, download pages, have to check which pack someone is using for every question, etc.   Given that I'm volunteering my time and 95%+ of users can run the 64bit version, that's the one I'm going to provide.
 Donations here.

kikoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Estudio de Diseño Kimaru
« Reply #4309 on: May 02, 2017, 06:56:11 am »

Sorry to hear about Mepth tileset. I've been playing version 0.43.05-r02 with Mepth tileset for more than 12 hours a day sometimes and stability is solid as a rock. The most stable version of DF that I've have ever played. Also playing with announcement window without problems. Maybe you will reconsider include it? :)
You cannot open a book without learning something.
Confucius

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 02, 2017, 07:32:00 am »

Sorry to hear about Mepth tileset. I've been playing version 0.43.05-r02 with Mepth tileset for more than 12 hours a day sometimes and stability is solid as a rock. The most stable version of DF that I've have ever played. Also playing with announcement window without problems. Maybe you will reconsider include it? :)

Sorry - I'm aware that many people have not had crashes, but many others have and I therefore removed Meph's tileset for the benefit of new players.

I'd encourage you to add it back in to your own install though!
 Donations here.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: May 02, 2017, 08:24:01 pm »

I'm hoping he will return and finish the work soon.  I agree its pretty stable... but I'm biased... overall the major errors we have seen because of it fell into 2 categories, 1 - systems with less then 8GB of ram(2-4GB generally), 2 - systems with 8GB running 32x DF with a lot of other mods active (the reasons for fails and crashes inside of masterwork 32x v1.22/1.23).  Anyways checking in over here.  I still download your new packs now and then Peridex!  Your dedication is admirable.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: May 02, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »

I'm not sure what 8 GB of RAM would have to do with it - that's not a typical limit of 32-bit or 64-bit programs.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 02, 2017, 09:41:32 pm »

I'm not sure what 8 GB of RAM would have to do with it - that's not a typical limit of 32-bit or 64-bit programs.

I'm not sure either... I just kept asking for stats of systems that were crashing/ having graphics turn into blocks, and what settings they had on... as soon as we moved masterwork over to 64x the errors disappeared.  the other thing that allowed it to work was use of an Large Address utility to crack the Dwarf Fortress 2GB ram program limit on x32.   I think the issue may have stemmed from something deeper, that aligns with those numbers... but the 64X switch fixed all of it in MW.

other then that none of our errors made sense except they matched in that way.  large ram systems rarely crashed or became "blocks of color" graphics.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 02, 2017, 11:07:12 pm »

Okay, so LAA and/or 64-bit DF fixed the issue. That still doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose it's possible that Windows reserves more memory for GPU data for programs with a higher memory limit (which would be the case with both LAA and 64-bit DF). It seems more likely to me that newer GPUs would have fewer issues, which could be more likely to be found in systems with at least 8 GB of memory, but I don't think the 8 GB figure itself is the cause. Anyway, I'm guessing that tileset is causing crashes because it uses far more tiles than DF was designed to support.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:10 am »

Okay, so LAA and/or 64-bit DF fixed the issue. That still doesn't make much sense to me, but I suppose it's possible that Windows reserves more memory for GPU data for programs with a higher memory limit (which would be the case with both LAA and 64-bit DF). It seems more likely to me that newer GPUs would have fewer issues, which could be more likely to be found in systems with at least 8 GB of memory, but I don't think the 8 GB figure itself is the cause. Anyway, I'm guessing that tileset is causing crashes because it uses far more tiles than DF was designed to support.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but @lethosor I think we kind of bouncing on Peridexis's post we are kind of off subject... so I'm going to cut off the conversation, on that we can talk more elsewhere if you want, but I find the jump to x64 makes it an old done deal. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 05, 2017, 10:46:17 pm »

I tried 43.05 r03.

Dwarf therapist tells me it's missing "MSVCP140.dll" and cannot run.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: May 06, 2017, 06:09:11 am »

I tried 43.05 r03.

Dwarf therapist tells me it's missing "MSVCP140.dll" and cannot run.
msvc is a microsoft product, you will need to update that through windows update.  just goes to their site and search for msvc.  Its one of the non critical updates so most windows OS wont upload it until you tell it too.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Deadlyhooves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: May 06, 2017, 03:09:39 pm »

Thought I'd let you know that when I am in adventure mode probably 9/10 times if I start an adventurer in a fortress I retired I get a crash after attempting to leave without fast travel.

Not sure if its a bug with this release, or Dwarf Fortress itself though. No external mods are installed, only what comes with the pack.

Mathalor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: May 06, 2017, 05:53:13 pm »

Windows pointed me to C++ when looking up msvc.  When attempting to download and install c++, I was told that I already have a newer version installed.

I did a websearch for msvcp140.dll, downloaded that from fix4dll.com, and put it in my dwarf therapist folder.  Now I get a different error:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application.

Edit:  Found an installation for 2015 c++ on a separate forum, installed that.  slow, but it works now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:02:28 pm by Mathalor »
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 385