Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098224 times)

Vagabundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4335 on: May 19, 2017, 01:17:40 pm »

EDIT: Does anyone know what the proper way to autoload a DFHack plugin, autodump specifically. That needs to be loaded after the save I think.
They should all be loaded on startup. If you run "enable autodump", that will enable it, even if you run it before loading a save. You can put that command in dfhack.init if you want it to run every time.

I'm nearly sure I tried that and I got an error, something something world save... I will try again though, thanks.

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: May 19, 2017, 04:31:15 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r05!
Unfortunately, it constantly crashes under 64bit Wine 2.8.0. It may be a Wine problem. Not sure anyone should spend their time trying to fix it, I'll wait for Linux memory layouts, writing here just to let you know.

Update: Only with DFHack enabled.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:03:22 pm by int_ua »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: May 19, 2017, 07:36:12 pm »

Unfortunately, it constantly crashes under 64bit Wine 2.8.0. It may be a Wine problem. Not sure anyone should spend their time trying to fix it, I'll wait for Linux memory layouts, writing here just to let you know.

Update: Only with DFHack enabled.
What if you disable TwbT, or disable all plugins, or prevent them from loading by renaming the hack/plugins folder?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: May 20, 2017, 03:39:23 am »

I'm not sure labormanager is ready to be the default job-assignment manager at this point.  I've just started using this latest Starter Pack and dwarves utterly refuse to haul anything that isn't food to stockpiles.  Disable labormanager and enable autolabor and *boom* everything gets done.

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: May 20, 2017, 04:01:15 am »

What if you disable TwbT, or disable all plugins, or prevent them from loading by renaming the hack/plugins folder?
Ok, I'll try that later. But it became almost unplayable for me at least without the ability to copy stockpile settings. Maybe some other DFHack improvements also that I already forgot after a year without playing.

Update: no, it's still crashes on loading world (even before embark selection screen) with renamed plugins folder and without TWBT
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:14:47 am by int_ua »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:33 am »

I'm not sure labormanager is ready to be the default job-assignment manager at this point.  I've just started using this latest Starter Pack and dwarves utterly refuse to haul anything that isn't food to stockpiles.  Disable labormanager and enable autolabor and *boom* everything gets done.
I've added an issue for this on GitHub. However, I would like to note that DFHack was in beta for about 3 months, specifically for people to find and report issues like this, and this is the first time I'm hearing about it (here or in the DFHack threads).

Ok, I'll try that later. But it became almost unplayable for me at least without the ability to copy stockpile settings. Maybe some other DFHack improvements also that I already forgot after a year without playing.

Update: no, it's still crashes on loading world (even before embark selection screen) with renamed plugins folder and without TWBT
What about renaming the hack/scripts folder too?
Just to confirm, once you do that, "plug" lists nothing, and "ls" just lists built-in commands, right?

I can't think of anything in DFHack, let alone core, that would interfere with loading worlds pre-embark, so this is a weird issue. My guess is that it has something to do with wine and/or your DF settings, but I'm really not sure at this point.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #4341 on: May 20, 2017, 01:09:19 pm »

You need to be more specific; labormanager will schedule hauling jobs for nonfood items provided you haven't set your labor priorities such that hauling jobs are just too low in priority to ever get scheduled. If this happens, it's usually because you've overtasking your dwarves (e.g. asking seven dwarfs to do the work of 70).

I'm glad to entertain suggestions on how to improve labormanager, but I can't take action on such nonspecific complaints.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:37:48 pm by ab9rf »

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: May 20, 2017, 05:55:02 pm »

Just to confirm, once you do that, "plug" lists nothing, and "ls" just lists built-in commands, right?

I can't think of anything in DFHack, let alone core, that would interfere with loading worlds pre-embark, so this is a weird issue. My guess is that it has something to do with wine and/or your DF settings, but I'm really not sure at this point.

Renaming hack/scripts didn't help either. The last message I see while there are no started fortresses is always "Loading coin information". After starting a fort without DFHack, saving it and reenabling DFHack there are no message on the screen when it crashes. TWBT was disabled all the time. I've also tried clearing dfhack.init and it didn't help too. Also, there are no DFHack console, it's not present in the console I start Wine from. Maybe that's the problem: it can't find output/input "endpoints".
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:56:35 pm by int_ua »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: May 20, 2017, 06:32:07 pm »

Renaming hack/scripts didn't help either. The last message I see while there are no started fortresses is always "Loading coin information". After starting a fort without DFHack, saving it and reenabling DFHack there are no message on the screen when it crashes. TWBT was disabled all the time. I've also tried clearing dfhack.init and it didn't help too. Also, there are no DFHack console, it's not present in the console I start Wine from. Maybe that's the problem: it can't find output/input "endpoints".
I'm pretty sure it would show up in a separate window, as the console on Windows normally does. It's possible that the lack of a console is related. I know people used to run DFHack in Wine on OS X, and a console would show up there (in a separate window). Are you using winetricks?

Faxanidu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: May 23, 2017, 07:58:09 pm »

is there a 32bit release?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: May 23, 2017, 08:53:12 pm »

is there a 32bit release?

Yes - 43.03-r09, which you can find in the archive of old versions linked in the first post.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: May 23, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »

Any news on when there will be an official 64 bit release?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: May 23, 2017, 09:23:46 pm »

Any news on when there will be an official 64 bit release?

There already is.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: May 24, 2017, 08:50:18 am »

Evidently I missed that, thank you.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: May 24, 2017, 07:00:14 pm »

PE: I've seen a number of posts that make it sound like TwbT's distributed automaterial, mousequery, and resume plugins are not included in this pack. I haven't seen an actual version number of this pack referenced, and I haven't gotten a chance to confirm it myself, but just a heads-up. I only started seeing these complaints recently, and I know previous versions of this pack distributed those plugins, so that's my best guess.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 385