Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109033 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4470 on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:40 pm »

Just confirming that r07 does not fix the issue - these plugins are identical to the ones in a default DFHack installation:

Code: [Select]
MD5 (dfhack-plugins/automaterial.plug.dll) = 90c48112de9724ff77ada0558fdde68a
MD5 (starterpack-plugins/automaterial.plug.dll) = 90c48112de9724ff77ada0558fdde68a
MD5 (dfhack-plugins/mousequery.plug.dll) = 30bf94d4614786be676835a366c9eb1a
MD5 (starterpack-plugins/mousequery.plug.dll) = 30bf94d4614786be676835a366c9eb1a
MD5 (dfhack-plugins/resume.plug.dll) = ff2f0428b9f714209cd978b4051ac93f
MD5 (starterpack-plugins/resume.plug.dll) = ff2f0428b9f714209cd978b4051ac93f

Edit: I keep referring people here, but instructions on how to fix this are not obvious, so here they are again:

1. Go to https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt and click on "Releases"
2. Download the latest version of TWBT that matches your DFHack version. For the current version of this pack (0.43.05-r07), that is DFHack 0.43.05-r1, so download the newest TWBT version for DFHack 0.43.05-r1 (for Windows, "-win"). If you're using a different version of the this pack, double-check the DFHack version, which is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen when you start DF.
3. Decompress the file you downloaded
4. In the TWBT folder you just decompressed, find the folder that matches your DFHack version, e.g. "0.43.05-r1". (Note: this is not the same as the pack version - see step 2.)
5. Copy all of the plugins in that folder (all of the .plug.dll files) into "Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05/hack/plugins" (or the hack/plugins folder inside your DF folder). This should replace the plugins already in that folder.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:12:05 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: June 22, 2017, 09:28:51 pm »

Just a heads up, Armok Vision is changing the folder naming scheme for the bundled dfhack plugins

Endemonadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:48 pm »

My game keeps crashing (at the same point in time ingame) on a very old fortress and after a little research i think its something to do with 'Large Address Aware'. 

Can someone explain to me how to patch this into this pack please?

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: June 23, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »

5. Copy all of the plugins in that folder (all of the .plug.dll files) into "Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05/hack/plugins" (or the hack/plugins folder inside your DF folder).
Just to be certain, "copy" or "copy & replace"?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: June 23, 2017, 07:10:40 pm »

Replace. Otherwise, it won't fix the issue (which is that they weren't replaced, basically).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

blitz4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: June 24, 2017, 01:07:17 am »

Just a small tip I found.
When generating a world, it seems to go much faster when you are zoomed in all of the way (mouse wheel down, by default)
[I was probably an outlier and used to zoom out all of the way to watch the worldgen - not advised :) ]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:56:16 am by blitz4 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: June 24, 2017, 08:11:35 am »

I'd say that's probably unlikely, since DF redraws the screen during world generation fairly rarely compared to how long worldgen takes, but perhaps zooming out a lot could make it take a bit longer. Were you using the same worldgen settings?

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: June 25, 2017, 05:24:50 am »

I have a problem with lastest version, Dwarf Therapist crashes everytime it tries to connect to DF, tried in several saves, even made a new save, it just crashes

BossChase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: June 27, 2017, 03:36:29 pm »

I have a problem with lastest version, Dwarf Therapist crashes everytime it tries to connect to DF, tried in several saves, even made a new save, it just crashes

Im just getting back into to the game and did a fresh download. I'm having the same issue with dwarf therapist. It crashes as soon as it tries to read. I downloaded the latest version of DFT and got the same thing.

I haven't played in years so anyone know if the lazy new pack is still being updated or if there is a work around for this? I can't imagine playing without dwarf therapist.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: June 27, 2017, 04:57:46 pm »

While I don't use this pack myself, there's four workarounds right off the top of my head.
1. You're probably missing some important C configuration files that you should install separately, given I've seen a discussion on this where installing 2015 variants solved the issue - might want to backtrack thread for specifics. Could compile DT yourself to ensure it works as well.
2. Alternative 1: Dwarf manipulator, dfhack tool, also provides spreadsheet-style dwarf management, though it doesn't have quite so much customization and features.
3. Alternative 2: Using labor-manager to do away with manually assigning labours.
4. Alternative 4: Using 43.03 until you manage to get DT working in 43.05, then moving your save up. Biggest thing you'll be missing would be armour wear in combat, I'd say.

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: July 04, 2017, 09:25:39 am »

I want to get back into Dwarf Fortress again, but I'm confused about the artefact release because it says on the main page that the current version is "v.0.43.05 date. July 5, 2016" which I assume does not include the artefact release, is there a BETA build or something you download from a different page to get the latest version?

If the current version is just 0.43.05 and artefact is just for the devs until they release it then is "PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack" the latest release since it say "0.43.05-r07" and was last updated Jun 21, 2017 which is update for the third party tools that are included? I'm confused because I read in another thread that some prefer to not play with therapist or the starter pack because then you can't play on the latest build.

Is it better to play Masterwork instead? Since it is updated more frequently?

Thanks.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: July 04, 2017, 11:01:01 am »

0.43.05 is the latest version of DF. 0.43.05-r07 is the latest version of this pack (it's the 7th release of this pack for DF 0.43.05, to be precise). You are correct that it is not the artifact release. There isn't a build of that available to anyone yet because Toady hasn't deemed it stable or complete enough to release yet.

I read in another thread that some prefer to not play with therapist or the starter pack because then you can't play on the latest build.
This affects people the most right after a new DF version has been released. As you noted, the most recent DF version is from almost a year ago, so most utilities and graphics sets have had time to catch up. (Therapist isn't quite stable with 0.43.05, however.)

I wouldn't describe Masterwork as "updated more frequently". The latest official version is for 0.43.03, not 0.43.05. There are some newer "unofficial" builds elsewhere in the MDF forum, though.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: July 12, 2017, 09:39:16 am »

Was the labormanager no/almost no hauler fixed?
Cannot find anything but release of dfhack R1... which only says its being added to replace autolabor2.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: July 14, 2017, 10:42:17 am »

I haven't been able to brew drinks using the Obsidian tileset. Even though I have plenty of things that are brewable, the still never recognizes any DRINK_MAT-producing plants. Is anyone else having this issue?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: July 14, 2017, 10:43:05 am »

Is it specific to that tileset? What pack version?

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 385