Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113572 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4485 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:44 am »

On further testing I'm pretty sure that another mod is interfering with this, so never mind.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure about this. Specifically, I don't seem to be able to brew from many surface plants, like strawberries, blueberries, bilberries. The only surface plant that I actually was able to brew was rat weed. All of the others didn't seem to count as unrotten DRINK_MAT-producing plants.

It could also be related to this: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=6940
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:57:00 pm by Rekov »

RedDwarfStepper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: July 16, 2017, 05:48:27 pm »

Quoting myself from over in the Dwarf Therapist thread:

Just if someone else stumbles over this: using the newest (0.43.05-r07) Lazy Newb Pack/ PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack with its default settings of dfhack will prevent DT from connecting to DF, at least on Windows.
To get it working you have to comment out the line
Code: [Select]
enable title-versionin the dfhack.init in or around line 214
The reason is probably that DT searches for a window with the name "Dwarf Fortress" and having the "title-version" plugin enabled changes the name of the window...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:42 pm »

Just if someone else stumbles over this: using the newest (0.43.05-r07) Lazy Newb Pack/ PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack with its default settings of dfhack will prevent DT from connecting to DF, at least on Windows.
The reason is probably that DT searches for a window with the name "Dwarf Fortress" and having the "title-version" plugin enabled changes the name of the window...
Short version of my reply: title-folder does that, not title-version. (I don't know if title-folder is enabled in this pack too, since I don't have a recent copy around to check, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the GitHub repo.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »

Short version of my reply: title-folder [changes the window name], not title-version. (I don't know if title-folder is enabled in this pack too, since I don't have a recent copy around to check, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the GitHub repo.)

All I do is rename dfhack.init-example to dfhack.init (and likewise for the onLoad.init), and add these extras which don't include title-folder.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

RedDwarfStepper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: July 17, 2017, 11:53:22 am »

Short version of my reply: title-folder does that, not title-version. (I don't know if title-folder is enabled in this pack too, since I don't have a recent copy around to check, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the GitHub repo.)

lethosor you're absolutely right - my mistake & apologies - the reason for this was part wishful thinking when reading the dfhack manual while having around 100 save folders and hoping 'title-folder' would actually tell me which was the current save folder, and part being too tired to notice what happened when I activated the plugin.
And you are also right about the default state of the plugin in the pack: it's disabled.
Thanks for clarifying this so fast.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: July 19, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r08!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is a lovely set of updates - DF itself has been stable for long enough that people have focussed on fixing their own bugs and adding new features, rather than scrambling to keep up.  (Of course, this usually means DF is about to start updating again)

Armok Vision now animates buildings and has a minimap, among other new tricks, and there are too many nice things in DFHack to describe - just go read the release notes.

And after all that: time to Strike the Earth!

0.43.05-r08
 - updated Armok Vision to 0.17, performance and new features including animation
 - updated SoundCenSe to 1.4.4, crash fix for Windows 10
 - updated DFHack to r2, many new features and bugfixes
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.13, fixes minor display bugs
 - updated TwbT to 5.85

SHA256:  033b07b557d7551f586612a41dc8422976443277abe4219a12e859840bf8ffd8

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: July 19, 2017, 10:45:54 pm »

Just a note, there's a bug in Armok Vision currently that causes buildings not to get removed after they're removed in DF. A fix done, but hasn't been released yet.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #4492 on: July 19, 2017, 11:42:28 pm »

Was the labormanager no/almost no hauler fixed?
I'm not aware of this "issue". Please provide more information.

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: July 26, 2017, 04:56:43 am »

just wanted to pop in and say that the recent r08 version of LNP is STILL doing the green cursor misalignment clone thing

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: July 29, 2017, 09:24:47 am »

I'm having some trouble with the starter pack. Every time I click on 'play dwarf fortress' it just re-opens the starter pack instead of launching the game.

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: July 30, 2017, 11:30:07 am »

I figured it out. Apparently renaming the starter pack to 'Dwarf Fortress' confused it to start itself. Naming it back to 'Starter Pack' fixed the problem.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:13 am »

Hi all,
I'm using that latest version and I might have a bug to report...
I use labormanager and planning tool and once in a while, for some reason it doesn't place item anymore, even if I have it.  I think the trigger is when I use the alert and burrow to get all dwarves inside and once the gate close, I release the alert and it stops working.  Not 100% sure tho...

Still awesome game :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 02, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »

I'm using that latest version and I might have a bug to report...
I use labormanager and planning tool and once in a while, for some reason it doesn't place item anymore, even if I have it.  I think the trigger is when I use the alert and burrow to get all dwarves inside and once the gate close, I release the alert and it stops working.  Not 100% sure tho...

Hmm, best to report that in the DFHack thread - they'll be much better at tracking down (and fixing) any bugs there.
 Donations here.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 03, 2017, 08:16:27 am »

Will do!

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 04, 2017, 05:54:24 pm »

Hum, it seems that the dfhack include in your pack is NOT the latest dfhack. Merging latest version with this one indicate that a lot of file are different, and dfhack itself indicate that it is on version "beta2" and not on r2 as plugins included wants ...

Soooooooooooo...
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 385