Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112302 times)

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4500 on: August 05, 2017, 06:17:31 am »

Hum, it seems that the dfhack include in your pack is NOT the latest dfhack. Merging latest version with this one indicate that a lot of file are different, and dfhack itself indicate that it is on version "beta2" and not on r2 as plugins included wants ...

Soooooooooooo...

I take the mousequery.dll from Masterwork DF and this fixed the problem for me. It's not perfect but it works.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: August 05, 2017, 06:51:21 am »

Hum, it seems that the dfhack include in your pack is NOT the latest dfhack. Merging latest version with this one indicate that a lot of file are different, and dfhack itself indicate that it is on version "beta2" and not on r2 as plugins included wants ...

Soooooooooooo...
Merging DFHack versions is something you should not be doing. Can you clarify exactly what you downloaded? "latest" is not specific enough.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:26:17 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: August 07, 2017, 02:01:15 pm »

I'm getting a message in DFHack that it "could not load script: onload.init-example". I'm not sure what that does or why it's missing, but I haven't had this problem with other DFHack versions or packs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: August 07, 2017, 03:18:26 pm »

That's because that file is new in DFHack 0.43.05-r2. It shouldn't cause issues if it's missing. (A few scripts that are set up to run periodically in the default DFHack build might not be set up for you, unless PE enabled them somewhere else.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Buckley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: August 11, 2017, 06:02:26 pm »

I'm getting a message in DFHack that it "could not load script: onload.init-example". I'm not sure what that does or why it's missing, but I haven't had this problem with other DFHack versions or packs.

Just downloaded release 08 and noticed the same error.  Came here to ask if it's anything I should be concerned about or if there's an easy fix?  (Was wondering if there is an independent script file somewhere that I can download, etc. etc.?)

Thanks.

B

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: August 11, 2017, 07:15:07 pm »

Read the post literally between yours and the one you quoted.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: August 17, 2017, 05:51:40 am »

Soooooooooooo...
Merging DFHack versions is something you should not be doing. Can you clarify exactly what you downloaded? "latest" is not specific enough.

The latest version of the LNP does not include the latest official stable version of Dfhack. It include a version before the stable latest release (r2) . You can try if you want.
Note that this work well by simply replaced the Dfhack of the new release on the old one in the starter pack.

You can try it your self :
- download a fresh version of the starter pack (on this topic) last version for Windows 64bit.
- download a fresh version of the latest release version of Dfhack from the main Dfhack topic : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123.0;topicseen

Compare the both, this is not the same.
The version included in the starter pack (last version, windows 64 bit) is NOT the Dfhack 0.43.05-r2 BUT the Dfhack 0.43.05-beta2, which is not the same.

Notice that this cause some error, as dfhack say to the user in the starter pack, that some script are not build for its version but for the r2.
My guess is that you include the Dfhack release just before the "real" release, and so include some version file that are in beta version while some other in the script and plugin record the good version. I guess...

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:58:10 am by Nilsou »

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: August 17, 2017, 06:05:55 am »

Soooooooooooo...

The latest version of the LNP does not include the latest official stable version of Dfhack. It include a version before the stable latest release (r2) . You can try if you want.
Note that this work well by simply replaced the Dfhack of the new release on the old one in the starter pack.

You can try it your self :
- download a fresh version of the starter pack (on this topic) last version for Windows 64bit.
- download a fresh version of the latest release version of Dfhack from the main Dfhack topic : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123.0;topicseen

Compare the both, this is not the same.
The version included in the starter pack (last version, windows 64 bit) is NOT the Dfhack 0.43.05-r2 BUT the Dfhack 0.43.05-beta2, which is not the same.

Notice that this cause some error, as dfhack say to the user in the starter pack, that some script are not build for its version but for the r2.
My guess is that you include the Dfhack release just before the "real" release, and so include some version file that are in beta version while some other in the script and plugin record the good version. I guess...

Well, i was trying a new test to confirm this point and it fail, it seems that comparing the two dfhack version now works well... don't know where the "beta2" version of dfhack came from in my previous starter pack. But well, it seems to be fine now. Will test it in game just after...

willkydd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: August 20, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »

Is there some way to make Meph's 32px graphics pack available as a LNP pack?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: August 20, 2017, 07:11:09 pm »

Is there some way to make Meph's 32px graphics pack available as a LNP pack?

Yep, just drop the folder into LNP/Graphics/ - the only reason I don't is that some people reported problems with the TwbT config, but it was fairly rare so you should be fine  :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: August 21, 2017, 10:35:19 am »

mouse controls are severily broken. scrolling the screen on the window borders only works on top left borders.
is it relative to the window resolution or to the tiles? anyway it's unpredictable. sometimes it works when designating or selecting, but sometimes it doesnt.
also the game sometimes randomly does things as if i pressed certain buttons, but i didn't. like it sometimes randomly goes a layer up or down without me pressing any button.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:46:48 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: August 22, 2017, 01:20:33 pm »

DFHack issues are better brought up at the DFHack thread, not this pack compilation one. Mouse support is mainly a DFHack thing. Since the problem with automatic actions aren't rampant, you ought to specify which DFHack functionality you've activated to have any hope of someone being able to identify the issue (and you might check your mouse/mouse buttons to ensure they're not sending orders e.g. due to vibrations). Obviously, any custom key mapping you've done (in particular for Z level movement) should be mentioned.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: August 22, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »

DFHack issues are better brought up at the DFHack thread, not this pack compilation one. Mouse support is mainly a DFHack thing. Since the problem with automatic actions aren't rampant, you ought to specify which DFHack functionality you've activated to have any hope of someone being able to identify the issue (and you might check your mouse/mouse buttons to ensure they're not sending orders e.g. due to vibrations). Obviously, any custom key mapping you've done (in particular for Z level movement) should be mentioned.
However, some mousequery features are only part of TWBT's fork of mousequery (currently), which the DFHack maintainers cannot help with. That said, the exact commands you have run would be helpful (besides "mouse controls").

There's a vanilla bug that can cause issues with all mouse input if you resize the window during the intro movies. Have you tried resizing the window (for example, making it a couple pixels smaller and then restoring it to its original size)?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: August 23, 2017, 11:45:50 am »

thanks. it is "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.05-r08".
i use windowed 1280x960 and did not resize the window (i know that it tends to even CTD when interacting with the window before it completely loaded the main menu) and my mouse does not have any such macros that could be triggered.
i even exchanged my keyboard, but it persists.
i only had automatic job assignments, mouse control, other automation plugin and performance tweaks activated and soundsense is set to start with the game.
as it was unplayable i returned to using "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.43.03-r09" which surprisingly runs more stable than i remember.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: August 23, 2017, 11:56:34 am »

i use windowed 1280x960 and did not resize the window (i know that it tends to even CTD when interacting with the window before it completely loaded the main menu) and my mouse does not have any such macros that could be triggered.
I'll rephrase it - once you've loaded a world, if you resize the window by a few pixels, does the issue go away? (I don't think I asked about macros at all.)

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 385