Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4111822 times)

Melange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4560 on: October 27, 2017, 03:04:40 am »

For the time being, if you use dfhack it has lite version of therapist in manipulator
Thanks a lot for this. I never even noticed it.

Also, mind that the version listed on DT front page is outdated.
The version of DT? Which front page, this thread or the DT thread (or something else)?
Can you elaborate on this? Which front page?

Melange, my guess is that you are missing the runtime. At least, that's the message you would get. I couldn't get the official one to work on a friend's computer, so had to install/uninstall a compiler to get it to work.
Could you please specify what you did? I'd like to use a much larger population in my next fortress (somewhere along the lines of 150-200) so what I've read about the preset groups you can have in DT would really help.

find out their preferences and use it for planning skills and moods, use their attributes to plan jobs and military
@lethosor's: The 42.06 version on front page of DT's thread.
can't you see preferences, mood and attributes only by selecting the unit, then 'z' then 'Enter' ? is there some other way I'm missing
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: October 27, 2017, 03:34:21 am »

Guess I'm too damn vague >_> Well nothing new.

This front page. If you downloaded the 42.06 version, it is not going to work for 43.05. The dev abandoned it, so continued development (and incidentally, windows 32 bit was first 43.05 DT that got working) went into other hands, who sadly are not the OPs and thus can't change things. I'd try the latest release first, if for some reason I wouldn't get the pack. (PeredexisErrant's pre-packing is massive time-saver in this respect, and I can only guess others must be right that you may be missing some dlls).

And yes, you're correct about preferences, etc. in vanilla. The creator of Therapist found it to be annoying and changed it in his UI.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:36:45 am by Fleeting Frames »

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: October 27, 2017, 08:35:29 am »

For DT, you most likely need to peruse the forum for the most recently updated memory mapping.
That is the most common fix for crashing on start/read.

Now, a new map will need to be made with every DF release, but this build has been around for long enough that it shouldn't be an issue to find.
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Melange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: October 27, 2017, 09:09:32 am »

you may be missing some dlls.

I realized I was missing the msvcp140 dll, I have already tried taking care of that however. Is there any way to contact the guy who created this pack?
BTW to everyone who replied, you've all been really help, thanks a lot. I have to say this community is waaayy more helpful then the communities of the games I've played previously.

For DT, you most likely need to peruse the forum for the most recently updated memory mapping.

I'm not too familiar with the forum format. How would I go about finding and then implementing the 'memory mapping'?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: October 27, 2017, 01:45:29 pm »

I'm not too familiar with the forum format. How would I go about finding and then implementing the 'memory mapping'?

I would start here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

EDIT:
Which will likely lead you here:
https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:47:51 pm by Crocatowa »
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: October 27, 2017, 02:32:23 pm »

To clarify, a layout file (or memory mapping, etc.) is just a text file that DT needs to be in a specific place. In some cases you can just download a new layout file for a new version of DF and put it in the right place without updating DT. It's not anything you have to "implement" or generate yourself.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Melange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: October 28, 2017, 03:17:51 am »

https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

Followed the instructions in the readme. I already had the content. When the computer asked me whether I want to discard it or replace the file, I replaced it, that hasn't solved the problem. I found this however, it shows that there is a tool32snapshot error.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: November 13, 2017, 08:49:29 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.43.05-r09!
As usual, you can get it here.

Things have been slow for this pack lately, but there's a certain sense of anticipation in the air... and I wouldn't want to hold up the DF release! **
Each of these utilities has had a nice, solid update - special shout out to Clément, who has taken on the huge task of maintaining Dwarf Therapist for Windows and is doing a fantastic job - which in every case adds new features and removes old bugs.

So dig in and enjoy; or to put it another way... Strike the Earth!

0.43.05-r09
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.18.00, lots and lots of bugfixes and new features
 - updated Armok Vision to v0.18.0, massive upgrade to creature sprites
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v38.1.0, many bugfixes and small improvements
 - updated TwbT to 6.21, supports separate back/mid/foreground sprites

SHA256:  cf59114e16fc3cb2e6f4515fb1eca4795f98dac1fb67d8110d9fe3790e54c76c

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

**There's a common joke that I trigger DF releases by updating the pack.  Toady assures me it's untrue... but let's not risk it  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #4568 on: November 13, 2017, 12:26:38 pm »

Just downloaded the new r09 release, but for some reason I can't enable DFHack. On the DFHack tab in the launcher, the button is stuck on "Enable DFHack: NO" and clicking it does nothing. This is with a clean just-unzipped copy of r09. I had no such problem in r08, which I was planning to copy my saves over from.
For reference, I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

eldeifo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: November 13, 2017, 01:06:04 pm »

I have the exact same issue as already reported by Janus, but i'm on Win7 64bit.

I have dug a bit into this and it looks like SDL.dll and SDLhack.dll are the same file in r09. If i understand the PyLNP internals correctly it copies the dlls around when you hit the enable/disable buttons, at least that is what seems to happen in older versions of the pack. So i guess one of those files should be the .dll provided by an un-hacked dwarf-fortress and the other one should be the hacked version?

Fun fact: in r08 i can't disable the hack, but have not noticed so far since i don't really want to do so ;).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:02:31 pm by eldeifo »

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: November 13, 2017, 01:26:03 pm »

I have the exact same issue as already reported by Janus, but i'm on Win7 64bit.

I have dug a bit into this and it looks like SDL.dll and SDLhack.dll are the same file in r09.

Confirmed, thanks for the info. Replacing with the 8 MB SDLhack.dll and SDL.dll files from r08 enables DFHack in r09. I left the 300 KB SDLreal.dll alone. So that takes care of my problem. :)

EDIT:
I should add that the button to enable/disable DFHack works fine for me in r08 and r09 with the correct versions of the above 3 files, presumably specifically the 8 MB SDLhack.dll and the 300 KB SDLreal.dll.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:38:16 pm by Janus »
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."

eldeifo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: November 13, 2017, 02:09:54 pm »

Replacing with the 8 MB SDLhack.dll and SDL.dll files from r08 enables DFHack in r09.

I have attempted the same thing but then i end up with a TWBT error about a missing file when launching DF. The game launches fine, but just without TWBT.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 02:45:26 pm by eldeifo »

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:58 pm »

Replacing with the 8 MB SDLhack.dll and SDL.dll files from r08 enables DFHack in r09.

I have attempted the same thing but then i end up with a TWBT error about a missing file when launching DF. Then game launches fine, but just without TWBT.

On the Graphics tab, make sure it's set to "Print Mode: TWBT", and that "Multilevel View" is enabled on the DFHack tab. Or turn them both off.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: November 13, 2017, 02:40:33 pm »

On the Graphics tab, make sure it's set to "Print Mode: TWBT", and that "Multilevel View" is enabled on the DFHack tab. Or turn them both off.
That won't address the "data/art/white1px.png not found" error, which is probably the issue here.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

eldeifo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:33 pm »

That won't address the "data/art/white1px.png not found" error, which is probably the issue here.

Exactly. The missing file can be found in the most recent release on github https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt/releases though. If placed in the data/art folder everything works fine.

Might be we get an r10 soon ;).
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 385