Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113411 times)

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4590 on: November 23, 2017, 06:03:09 am »

Woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep. Browsed my phone and happened to see a DF update, was about to make a joke about why the hell LNP hasn't been updated yet just to see it's been updated. God damn, it's Thanksgiving but it feels like Christmas.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: November 23, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »

posting so i know when i can get therapist for the new version
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: November 23, 2017, 12:08:51 pm »

posting so i know when i can get therapist for the new version

Depending on how much the underlying code has been changed, that could potentially be a few months.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: November 23, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »

Apparently the new version of DF is not compatible with the version of Windows (Windows 10) I'm using, so it won't run.
halp
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: November 23, 2017, 12:39:25 pm »

What does it say? (How can you tell it's not compatible?

Also: Not sure if this the right place to say this, but downloading .44.01 alpha pack doesn't work (download fails), but with Firefox I can retry it and download it.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: November 23, 2017, 08:40:02 pm »

when do you think PyLNP will beupdates with DFHack, ect. ready to go?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: November 23, 2017, 09:09:34 pm »

PyLNP typically doesn't have to be updated for new versions of DF. (This starter pack does, though.) DFHack could take a while.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Alpaq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: November 23, 2017, 09:54:23 pm »

As far as I know dwarf therapist and dfhack could be some hassle to update, but PyLNP for new DF version is already up and running.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: November 23, 2017, 10:43:26 pm »

Didn't realize the typos in my post....

But yeah.. I am aware there is a alpha version out, but I mainly need to wait for DFHack, as well as any TP changes :P
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: November 24, 2017, 12:22:12 am »

As far as I know dwarf therapist and dfhack could be some hassle to update, but PyLNP for new DF version is already up and running.

From previous experience, DT and DFhack usually take a minimum of a few weeks to update when there's a big update to game mechanics, sometimes taking several months. Until then, PE will generally have a 'bleeding edge' pack for those who want to play the latest version without waiting for the DFhack update, and a 'stable' pack of the previous release for everyone else. My advice is, unless you really want to manage a fortress without the utilities that DFhack and Therapist provide, be prepared to wait (keep in mind this is just an educated guess) until at least the beginning of next year to play with all utilities. Now, maybe this release will be much easier for the makers of those utilities than I think, but I doubt it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: November 24, 2017, 06:19:08 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.02-r01!
As usual, you can get it here.

It's just like yesterday, but ToadyOne updated again.  See you tomorrow?

0.44.02-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated Phoebus graphics - *but still for 43.05*

SHA256:  5a758af747c42d42ebcaa1632520d11be7373af501f8315d70a8875f991dc28f

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: November 24, 2017, 01:54:23 pm »

At this point I'm not sure if the issue is with LnP, my computer or the game itself.
I tried to launch DF with the launcher and it just said "failed to launch Dwarf Fortress". So I tried to launch it from the icon itself and it said this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There it says "the app can't be launched in this computer. To look for a version for your computer, consult with the software editor". I download the unadulterated version of Dwarf Fortress and the same thing happened.
Under the launcher icon there was a text archive called "stderr". I opened it and it said this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Spanish gibberish underneath the files from someone else's computer read "This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you are using. Check your system information and then contact the software announcer."
I'm not sure if I should report this here or on the main bug reports page but Mantis never sent me a confirmation mail so eh.
Maybe it has something to do with the current version and Windows 10? I played the previous version yesterday thinking I had downloaded the new one and it worked pefectly.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: November 24, 2017, 02:27:16 pm »

I just downloaded the old LnP again and it won't work either.
Welp

Nalaeph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: November 24, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »

Using my leet google skills I found 2 possible causes for this error: running a 64 bit software on a 32 bit platform (you got 32 bit windows 10? is the starter pack the 64 bit version?) or some sort of root kit! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/259279/error-message-runtime-error-216

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: November 24, 2017, 03:54:50 pm »

I installed regular 0.43 Dwarf Fortress and it works allright, so I don't think it's due to the 64 bit or a trojan. Guess I'll just install the utilities manually  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 385