Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098366 times)

Powersteve621

• Bay Watcher
  • Under arrest for forgetting his old account
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4635 on: November 28, 2017, 08:08:50 am »

Holy shit, that's awesome! I was not expecting to be able to play with DT again so soon. Everyone who works on these utilities rules. Thanks so much, I forgot how painful DF was to play without it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: November 28, 2017, 08:34:56 am »

Thanks for the fast update and all but are you going to eventually add a 32 bit version for the latest starter pack?

No.  The Starter Pack is 64bit-only - I just don't have the time to support 32bit as well.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: November 28, 2017, 11:31:43 am »

I don't know if other people are having this problem but in the latest experimental branch of the .44.02 starter pack if you install a tileset you cant build pedestals and any attempt to make a display case it just makes mortars. Everything works properly in a fresh install of 44.02 but as soon as I attempt to install a tileset it will have the same issue but then when I attempt to switch to ascii it will tell me it cant update the savegame because its corrupted.

I imagine its because none of the graphics sets have a sprite for pedestals/display cases but if you go back to ascii the raws stay corrupted even if you generate a new world.
Are you referring to "0.44.02-r02" from a few posts back? It's good to specify the actual version instead of "the latest", since "the latest" changes fairly often.

Anyway, what graphics pack(s) are you using? This part of the 0.44.01-r01 changelog is probably relevant:
- graphics packs included but *not yet* updated
  (do not update graphics on saves - may be incompatible)
and from 0.44.02-r02:
- updated Phoebus graphics for 44.02
 - updated CLA graphics for 44.01 (equivalent to .02)

If you're not using CLA, Phoebus, or ASCII, you'll probably have issues like what you're describing if you try to move between one of those three tilesets and one that's not one of those. That's because things like display cases are defined in the raw files, and graphics packs replace some raw files with their own, so a graphics pack for 0.43.05 that edited a file where display cases are now defined or referenced (item_tool.txt, entity_default.txt, or reaction_other.txt) will not work with display cases in 0.44.02, because display cases will still be missing from those files, as they were in 0.43.05.

Short version: it's not missing sprites, it's missing stuff from the raws.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: November 28, 2017, 01:00:30 pm »

I don't know if other people are having this problem but in the latest experimental branch of the .44.02 starter pack if you install a tileset you cant build pedestals and any attempt to make a display case it just makes mortars. Everything works properly in a fresh install of 44.02 but as soon as I attempt to install a tileset it will have the same issue but then when I attempt to switch to ascii it will tell me it cant update the savegame because its corrupted.

I imagine its because none of the graphics sets have a sprite for pedestals/display cases but if you go back to ascii the raws stay corrupted even if you generate a new world.

Sorry about that. In version 0.44.02-r02 of the Starter Pack only ASCII, CLA, Dungeonset, Mayday, and Phoebus support the pedestals and display cases.

I'm not an expert how this stuff works, but if you want to try to fix one of your save files, you might try making a backup of your save file and installing the /raw/objects/item_tool.txt from the CLA, Phoebus, or the vanilla version of the game into your save file. It would probably be a good idea to place it into /Dwarf Fortress v0.44.02/raw/objects/ folder too. That could possibly make the pedestals and display cases craftable in your save file, but sometimes stuff doesn't work when you add it after generating the world.

Ironhand, Spacefox, and Obsidian will probably all get support soon. I think this they'll all be fixed in the upcoming 0.44.02-r03 version of the Starter Pack if you just want to wait it out.

Thanks for the tip on drawing sprites for the pedestal and display case. I will look into that. There might not be room for new sprites on the main tilesheet. I'm not sure if TWBT overrides work with "item_tools" such as the pedestal and display case. But we should at least be able to pick more appropriate sprites from the existing sprites main tilesheet.

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4639 on: November 28, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »

Thanks for the fast update and all but are you going to eventually add a 32 bit version for the latest starter pack?

No.  The Starter Pack is 64bit-only - I just don't have the time to support 32bit as well.

Thats alright :)

Do you have any insider info on when the new DF Hack will release ?
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: November 28, 2017, 08:01:10 pm »

Do you have any insider info on when the new DF Hack will release ?

Not even the DFHack team has any idea - it's not a secret, just unknown!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

evilmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: November 29, 2017, 12:35:52 am »

it may be a DFHack thing, I'm not super versed in this game. But in the 0.43.05-r11 version I could click on things (such as workshops) with the mouse to queue up jobs. I'm talkin just click on the blacksmith and it selects it. Is there an option to enable this? I've tried doing searching on the forums but haven't come up with anyone else even mentioning it. I've been playing without it but I've used it for so long it is kind of muscle memory.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: November 29, 2017, 12:38:51 am »

That's a DFHack thing.

evilmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: November 29, 2017, 01:26:16 am »

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: November 29, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »

Is the ability to have more than 3 wheelbarrows on a stockpile a DFHack thing, too?
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: November 29, 2017, 09:47:36 pm »

Is the ability to have more than 3 wheelbarrows on a stockpile a DFHack thing, too?
Yes
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: November 30, 2017, 12:24:04 am »

Yes

That function alone makes me love you so much, leth...
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

jobywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: December 01, 2017, 07:14:05 pm »

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this is tangentially related.

Jecowa, you were the last maintainer of the Mac LNP -- Lazy Mac Pack.  Looks like it hasn't had an update in a year -- do you intend to continue provide further updates?

BionicMeatloaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: December 02, 2017, 05:24:43 am »

after playing 0.44.02 I've realized just how important the item limits function from DFHack is for getting rid of so much micromanaging

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: December 03, 2017, 05:32:39 am »

I miss dfhack already but im having some fun not being able to just use prospect all before embarking.
On a side note: has anyone heard of a strip visitite script? like stripcaged except on visitors?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 385