Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4108945 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4680 on: December 11, 2017, 11:30:22 pm »

@clinodev - PyLNP prefers to be as safe as possible, so that it's always a bug if you end up with an invalid configuration.

Unfortunately safely updating init files is hard enough that nobody has volunteered to write that code yet, and the settings are read from and written to the init files.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: December 12, 2017, 03:31:21 am »

Is there any way to add languaje translations to PyLNP? I wanna contribute adding spanish translation to PyLNP :D

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:04 am »

@clinodev - PyLNP prefers to be as safe as possible, so that it's always a bug if you end up with an invalid configuration.

Unfortunately safely updating init files is hard enough that nobody has volunteered to write that code yet, and the settings are read from and written to the init files.

Don't know if you have github or something to report bugs, anyway, can you check this? https://github.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus/issues/10

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: December 12, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »

Don't know if you have github or something to report bugs, anyway, can you check this? https://github.com/DFgraphics/Phoebus/issues/10

I'm also having this issue DF hack is on as well as twbt. The same thing happens with Gemset as well. At least the the gemset beds.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: December 12, 2017, 06:16:19 pm »

This happens to me on Mac too. ASCII isn't having the issue, though.

Friti

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Roo. Hop to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: December 13, 2017, 02:57:39 am »

Hit an interesting issue where it appears barrels aren't being used to store Plump Helmets since starting this version of the Lazy Newb Pack (44.02r4).  I'll see about investigating closer come tomorrow - I don't have time at the moment.  I know I was not encountering this in r3 with DFHack manually installed.

Anyone else hitting this?

*edit*  Belay my last.  False alarm.  It became happy and started storing plump helmets in barrels once I created a dedicated food stockpile rather than a monolithic mega custom everything-but-the-kitchen-sink stockpile.  That seems a bit odd, but I'm not going to argue with it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:20:59 am by Friti »

AikonCWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: December 13, 2017, 03:20:36 am »

Hit an interesting issue where it appears barrels aren't being used to store Plump Helmets since starting this version of the Lazy Newb Pack (44.02r4).  I'll see about investigating closer come tomorrow - I don't have time at the moment.  I know I was not encountering this in r3 with DFHack manually installed.

Anyone else hitting this?

This is from wiki: Seeds can be stored in bags (100 seeds per bag), which can in turn be stored in barrels or pots (10 bags per barrel/pot).
Maybe you don't have enought bags?

Friti

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Roo. Hop to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: December 13, 2017, 03:22:05 am »

Nah - I figured it out.  It didn't like my monolithic (Custom - allow everything) stockpike.  When I created a dedicated food stock pile it was happy to start storing plump helmets (plants, not seeds) in barrels for some reason.

So bit interesting that a custom stockpile with everything in it is behaving that way, but I hardly use such stockpiles except in early game anyways.  Problem solved - false alarm.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: December 15, 2017, 07:44:32 am »

Quick question: are there any problems I should be aware of when using the pack (experimental version) and making manual edits to the raws? One of the suggestions I've received for building a world that has both fully grown dragons and surviving civilizations is to alter the raws so they grow up faster, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't bork anything by doing that before I tried it.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: December 15, 2017, 10:55:11 am »

Quick question: are there any problems I should be aware of when using the pack (experimental version) and making manual edits to the raws? One of the suggestions I've received for building a world that has both fully grown dragons and surviving civilizations is to alter the raws so they grow up faster, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't bork anything by doing that before I tried it.
I don't think the question relates to the LNP. It has some connection to DFHack, which is just one of the things compiled into the LNP, but which is maintained separately, as well as modding, which I believe has its own sub forum.
I'm not aware of any particular problems with the alpha DFHack version that haven't been reported in the DFHack thread. There's nothing general I know of to suggest raw modding should be in a better or worse shape than it was in the previous DF version. Most probably you're the guinea pig for testing that particular modding (and report issues if you find any: DF for DF itself, DFHack for DFHack).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: December 15, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »

If you've created a world with manually-edited raws, you might mess up your save file if you ever try to switch graphics packs.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:13 pm »

If you want to switch graphics packs between playthrough. Then copy your objects folder from your save into LNP/graphics and which ever pack you want to use. I do this all the time with my saves and habe had no problems. Make sure you delete the objects folder in the graphics pack before you copy to avoid issues.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: December 16, 2017, 09:53:03 am »

Nah - I figured it out.  It didn't like my monolithic (Custom - allow everything) stockpike.  When I created a dedicated food stock pile it was happy to start storing plump helmets (plants, not seeds) in barrels for some reason.

So bit interesting that a custom stockpile with everything in it is behaving that way, but I hardly use such stockpiles except in early game anyways.  Problem solved - false alarm.
maybe you had finished goods disabled, which means disabling bags.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Skylord_Conor21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:33 pm »

I've run into an odd issue. When I try to launch the pack it just says

"Error
Failed to Run Dwarf Fortress"

I've used LNP and Dwarf Fortress on this PC before and don't understand for the life of me what's wrong.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: December 23, 2017, 06:21:47 am »

PTW/ask if this has been update to the latest version as of this moment?
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 385