Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098152 times)

MortalDVall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4710 on: December 31, 2017, 10:52:36 pm »

Actually menaged to marge PyLNP with latest Dfhack, twbt, phoeubus and whats not in to working condition. So as long PE would not mind I could...  ::)

Hi forum btw  8)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: January 02, 2018, 01:15:45 am »

Actually menaged to marge PyLNP with latest Dfhack, twbt, phoeubus and whats not in to working condition. So as long PE would not mind I could...  ::)

Hi forum btw  8)
i guess help is always appreciated. Welcome aboard the crazy train to the Hidden Fun Stuff.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

dambros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: January 02, 2018, 06:57:33 am »

Hi forum btw  8)

I did something similar but I keep finding things I forgot to update... specially the utilities.

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: January 03, 2018, 07:45:06 pm »

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but will the 44.02 version of LNP work with the new 44.03 version of DF?
the incompatibility is primary with dfhack.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: January 03, 2018, 09:28:54 pm »

Not sure what you mean - DT and DFHack (and maybe other things) for 0.44.02 won't work unless you update them for 0.44.03, but they've had updates for 0.44.03 available for a while.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: January 04, 2018, 12:51:05 am »

Hi, I have a problem I haven't been able to find referenced elsewhere (in this thread or out of it).

Using the 43.05-r11 pack (64-bit I believe, on Win10), with mostly default config (I disabled Aquifers, Sound, & Movies), & the Phoebus tileset (since any attempt to change the tileset from the PyLNP launcher causes the game itself to CTD on world load due to the absence of "tool pedastel", this includes switching back to Phoebus), once I embark in Dwarf mode, switching to any screen which doesn't show the map itself (i.e. [Esc] to options, [n] to nobles, [?] to help) results in a black map screen segment when I return, & to get it back I have to do something like hitting [tab] (I know there are other options, but I've only used them by accident so I don't know what they are) get the map to draw again.

Is this something that is known, with known workaround? or somehow unique to my install?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: January 04, 2018, 12:57:12 am »

It sounds like you may be trying to load a DF v0.44.x save file (which has the pedestal) in the old DF v0.43.05 (which did not have the pedestal implemented yet). If you think this may be the case, download the "experimental" v0.44.02-r04 version of PE's starter pack, import your save folder to it, reinstall Phoebus into your save file with the LNP launcher (to make sure it has 0.44 raws), and see if it works.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: January 04, 2018, 08:06:28 am »

Thanks to consideration of jecowa's comment I redownloaded & reinstalled (to make sure I have the correct release pack), then I switched the tileset (to Ironhand, but I suspect any of them will work), before generating a new world (having deleted the old ones, oops) & embarking, then trying to replicate the "Black Screen of Annoyance" (aka BSoA) with Ironhand (loading a macro does it) without success (woot!).

I subsequent cycled through all the tilesets in the default package on the new fortress/save, without getting the pedestal issue once (not sure if this was because I accidentally had the experimental build previously, or just because of the initial tileset change cleaning out mods), & without being able to replicate the BSoA.

So thank you to jecowa for the quick & helpful comment (hopefully no-one will find themselves in the position of finding this post helpful, but it's here on the offchance).

freakdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: January 05, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but will the 44.02 version of LNP work with the new 44.03 version of DF?
the incompatibility is primary with dfhack.

I got tired of waiting so I made a version for myself that works. Updated dfhack 44.03-beta1, dwarf therapist 39.1.2, twbt 6.31 and df 44.03 -- if anyone wants it to play around with, message me. YMMV.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: January 06, 2018, 08:46:46 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.03-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Well, I'm back from my camping holiday (walking/swimming/reading/eating/keeping track of bushfires; classic aussie camping trip  :)) and up to date with DF - for now!

Thanks to the tireless work of many, many people, the last two weeks have seen updates to... well, almost everything!  If your summer (or winter) break includes DF, spare a thought for those whose free time is generously donated for the cause.  And then Strike the Earth!

0.44.03-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress to 0.44.03
 - updated DFHack to 0.44.03-beta1
 - updated TwbT to v6.31
 - updated Legends Viewer
 - updated graphics packs: Ironhand, Mayday, Gemset, Obsidian, Phoebus, Spacefox, and Meph
 - updated Dwarf Therapist

SHA256:  d3a556673d37ab5352c9832de45a02ad8d9bdf2c8bacdb8a5528f3f167775763

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: January 06, 2018, 10:00:18 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.03-r02!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Now actually including Therapist, with thanks to Clinodev who alerted me to the problem and apologies to the 35 people who downloaded the previous pack  :-[
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: January 06, 2018, 11:35:39 am »

can you add meph16x16 too?i like the look of mephs, but 32x32 is too big for my screen. or would it work if i just put the 16x16 files in there and change the inis - like i would do with mephs download?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: January 06, 2018, 12:28:54 pm »

You're spoiling us with this update ahead of the predicted time. Thanks (maybe the prediction throws Toady off track so DF doesn't update until the 9:th ;) )!

dambros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: January 06, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »

can you add meph16x16 too?i like the look of mephs, but 32x32 is too big for my screen. or would it work if i just put the 16x16 files in there and change the inis - like i would do with mephs download?

Just put the 16x16 and 24x24 on the Meph correspondent folder inside LNP and choose the file you want on the Customize tab for the graphics. You can change the font doing the same as well.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4724 on: January 06, 2018, 08:02:54 pm »

You should be able to drag&drop the 16x version into data/art, but I really wouldn't recommend it that small. You can try the 32x version and zoom out.

Any other questions about the set, I'll be happy to answer them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 385