Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112309 times)

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4725 on: January 06, 2018, 09:02:43 pm »

I'm getting a fatal error "missing building definition: NEW_DECORATION_DWARF"

- Shane

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: January 06, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »

- Shane

It sounds like maybe you had a save file in Meph's release of Dwarf Fortress, moved it to the LNP, and switched graphics packs. Is that right? I kind of think that the LNP doesn't let you switch graphics with save files from other releases of Dwarf Fortress, though.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: January 06, 2018, 10:01:03 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.03-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Well, I'm back from my camping holiday (walking/swimming/reading/eating/keeping track of bushfires; classic aussie camping trip  :)) and up to date with DF - for now!

Thanks to the tireless work of many, many people, the last two weeks have seen updates to... well, almost everything!  If your summer (or winter) break includes DF, spare a thought for those whose free time is generously donated for the cause.  And then Strike the Earth!

0.44.03-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress to 0.44.03
 - updated DFHack to 0.44.03-beta1
 - updated TwbT to v6.31
 - updated Legends Viewer
 - updated graphics packs: Ironhand, Mayday, Gemset, Obsidian, Phoebus, Spacefox, and Meph
 - updated Dwarf Therapist

SHA256:  d3a556673d37ab5352c9832de45a02ad8d9bdf2c8bacdb8a5528f3f167775763

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)

FUCK YEAH.

Thanks, Peridexis!
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: January 06, 2018, 11:36:13 pm »

- Shane

It sounds like maybe you had a save file in Meph's release of Dwarf Fortress, moved it to the LNP, and switched graphics packs. Is that right? I kind of think that the LNP doesn't let you switch graphics with save files from other releases of Dwarf Fortress, though.

Any way to fix that? I routinely take out the extra buildings to try and get as close to vanilla as I can. Maybe I missed one?
   - Shane

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:07 am »

Any way to fix that? I routinely take out the extra buildings to try and get as close to vanilla as I can. Maybe I missed one?
   - Shane

I think you need to get the version of Meph that your save file was created in and copy the contents Meph's /df_44_03_win/raw/objects/ folder into your /PE Starter Pack/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03/data/save/regionx/raw/objects/ folder.

zloibuka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: January 07, 2018, 02:55:16 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.03-r02!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Now actually including Therapist, with thanks to Clinodev who alerted me to the problem and apologies to the 35 people who downloaded the previous pack  :-[

Great job! Thanks! Play this build all night :))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4731 on: January 07, 2018, 03:58:51 am »

- Shane

- Shane
Could be that you took them out from the entity file, but left the building file in. I can update the save manually, but it's really difficult to tell on the forum, when you altered the raws yourself before the update. Obviously your altered version is different from the released version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zloibuka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: January 07, 2018, 05:46:27 am »

Where i can find game logs? Game was crashed after i try to place wall :( save was long ago, errrr...

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: January 07, 2018, 06:19:51 am »

- Shane

- Shane
Could be that you took them out from the entity file, but left the building file in. I can update the save manually, but it's really difficult to tell on the forum, when you altered the raws yourself before the update. Obviously your altered version is different from the released version.

Ah... I started from the Entity_Standard without the workshops that you included as an extra. I'll start there and take a look

Thanks!
   - Shane

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: January 07, 2018, 06:28:06 am »

- Shane

I think you need to get the version of Meph that your save file was created in and copy the contents Meph's /df_44_03_win/raw/objects/ folder into your /PE Starter Pack/Dwarf Fortress 0.44.03/data/save/regionx/raw/objects/ folder.

This worked. I'll have to see it I can update to the latest Meph manually.... Tomorrow.

- Shane

dambros

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »

I am trying out this new version with the Meph tileset and the dwarves aren't properly displaying the transparent background, right now the background is black.

Do I have to change something for it to become transparent?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4736 on: January 07, 2018, 09:55:37 pm »

I am trying out this new version with the Meph tileset and the dwarves aren't properly displaying the transparent background, right now the background is black.

Do I have to change something for it to become transparent?

type "twbt unit_transparency 1" in dfhack console.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: January 07, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »

That DFHack command should be entered already in a DFHack script included with Meph. Another possibility could be that the Print Mode is not set to TWBT. (Unit transparency requires the TWBT print mode.) It also requires that DFHack be enabled in the DFHack tab (which it is by default in PE's pack).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #4738 on: January 07, 2018, 10:24:02 pm »

That DFHack command should be entered already in a DFHack script included with Meph. Another possibility could be that the Print Mode is not set to TWBT. (Unit transparency requires the TWBT print mode.) It also requires that DFHack be enabled in the DFHack tab (which it is by default in PE's pack).

If they're asking about unit transparency, I assume everything else is working while Meph's tileset is unusable without twbt.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4739 on: January 08, 2018, 02:14:46 am »

The dfhack init in the starter pack is missing 5 lines that I'm using.

Code: [Select]
multilevel 10
season-palette start
twbt unit_transparency 1
twbt workshop_transparency 1
twbt redraw_all 1

Instead it has
Code: [Select]
# TwbT multilevel is a dfhack option in the launcher due to stability issues
multilevel 0

considering that, a few things like transparency in units/buildings, multilevel view, the seasonal colors are all off; and without redraw_all there might be artefacts (single tiles not overridden) when you look at large quantities of them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 385