Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113607 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4770 on: January 18, 2018, 01:26:43 pm »

I agree with lethosor that a section under the normal one in the first and second post respectively for the latest experimental version (with suitable warnings, of course) would be nice for when experimental versions are available. To save on editing, those sections might say something like "The stable version is the latest one, so this section is empty." while we're on stable versions.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:08 pm »

I'm looking at an update for later today - just taking a little longer to handle Jecowa's graphics changes properly (mostly by writing up the PyLNP feature request).

I've already added an unstable link to the OP though, probably should have done that a while ago  :-\
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: January 19, 2018, 11:17:20 am »

If you were in my position and still hadn't even touched version 44.xx because you were waiting for the stable release, would you keep waiting or play on the alpha? XD

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:05 am »

I think the v0.44.05 version of DFHack is probably less buggy than the 0.43.05 version.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: January 19, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

So you'd say the alpha right now is probably ok to play on?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: January 19, 2018, 09:00:17 pm »

It's the version I would pick. There was an issue with DFHack in v0.44 earlier, but it's been fixed. I think DFHack 0.44.05-alpha is the best version to play with. By playing in old DF v0.43.05, you will also be getting more vanilla bugs that have since been fixed. And you will be missing out on the cool new map feature and artifact raids.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: January 19, 2018, 10:55:41 pm »

Speaking of raids, did 0.44 fix that thing where no one would ever ever ever actually attack you? (Sorry, probably getting kinda off topic)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: January 19, 2018, 11:03:34 pm »

Not sure if you're referring to fortress or adventure mode, or what exactly you're referring to, but at least some issues in fortress got fixed in 0.44.04, so the DF devlog might help.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: January 20, 2018, 07:54:52 am »

In the older versions in fortress mode, other civs would pretty much never invade you, even if you were close to them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: January 20, 2018, 11:23:53 am »

Since world activation during 0.40.X invasions involve actually moving armies, and enemies typically pick off enemy sites that are closer in range before aiming for those further away. That is still the case, but I never had any issue with that by embarking in very carefully selected locations. There was also a bug that frequently caused enemies to fail to find a path to you, and that's fixed. In addition to that, 0.44.X should provide you with the ability to goad other civs into attacking you by raiding them until they get sufficiently pissed off.

Further non starter pack questions are better asked outside of this thread.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: January 21, 2018, 06:38:10 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.05-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

Here it is: the newest, still kinda unstable, Starter Pack with everything.  No real surprises, but if you want to check out some awesome new graphics options - creatures with transparent backgrounds! - you can do that with TwbT and the instructions below.

I wanted to work out automatic support for the creatures, but changing jobs (very exciting!) hasn't left me much time - so you get a pack without that but also without further delay  ;D

Strike the Earth!

0.44.05-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated DFHack to 44.05-alpha1
 - updated TwbT to 6.33
 - updated Therapist to v39.2.0
 - updated graphics: GemSet, Meph
 - Phoebus, Spacefox, Ironhand, Obsidian, and Mayday have optional TwbT creature support:
        * move "onLoad.init" into the /raws/ folder (to enable creature transparency)
        * move the contents of /data/twbt_art/ into /data/art/
        * move the contents of /data/twbt_init/ into /data/init/
        * move the contents of /raw/twbt_graphics/ into /raw/graphics/
        * move the contents of /raw/twbt_objects/ into /raw/objects/

SHA256:  01fbf2e0ed70d0357f614a01b4782c0457e11bc61553f95d77ffbbf74a65beac

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
 Donations here.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:23 pm »

So would we call this a semi-stable release then?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: January 21, 2018, 11:18:20 pm »

So would we call this a semi-stable release then?
I think it's plenty stable. The 0.44.05 alpha is a lot more stable than the 0.44.03 alpha. I don't think we're really any worse-off than we were at 0.44.03 beta. Plus this version has lots of vanilla bugs fixed that weren't fixed in the 0.43.05 version. I think this is the best version to play.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: January 22, 2018, 05:58:21 am »

Minor nitpick with 0.44.05-r01: The default display mode is TWBT, while DFHack is disabled by default, resulting in a warning when starting (easily addressed with at least a little LNP experience). The default settings ought to be consistent (which probably means a non TWBT dependent print mode for versions that are not considered stable).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: January 22, 2018, 11:46:50 pm »

Minor nitpick with 0.44.05-r01: The default display mode is TWBT, while DFHack is disabled by default, resulting in a warning when starting (easily addressed with at least a little LNP experience). The default settings ought to be consistent (which probably means a non TWBT dependent print mode for versions that are not considered stable).

Drat, thanks for letting me know - I'll have to update my script to check (or fix) the print mode  ???
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 385