Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109923 times)

Lolor31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4800 on: February 24, 2018, 08:40:14 pm »

I need the 32 bits version  :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: February 24, 2018, 10:59:42 pm »

Upgrade your windows.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: February 25, 2018, 12:14:55 am »

Upgrade your windows.

Funny thing, last month I would have been right there with you. The only 32 bit Windows install I own is a an old 8" tablet (that probably still works,) and even the headless "pulled from trash" machines my super-thrifty Linux hacker friends use to automate their juice makers and smart bulbs or whatever are all AMD64 at this point.

However, because I'm looking for a new laptop in the next few months, I've become aware that there's yet another batch of 32 bit only Win10 laptops and tablets coming out this year, in particular new "Always Connected" ARM ones from HP, Lenovo, and ASUS, which Microsoft and cellular service companies are planning to push.

Am I willing to personally do anything to support x86? Nope.

Are x86/32 bit Win10 installs going away? Nope.

Strange world.
Team Bug Fix!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: February 25, 2018, 05:44:53 am »

Upgrade your windows.

Funny thing, last month I would have been right there with you. The only 32 bit Windows install I own is a an old 8" tablet (that probably still works,) and even the headless "pulled from trash" machines my super-thrifty Linux hacker friends use to automate their juice makers and smart bulbs or whatever are all AMD64 at this point.

However, because I'm looking for a new laptop in the next few months, I've become aware that there's yet another batch of 32 bit only Win10 laptops and tablets coming out this year, in particular new "Always Connected" ARM ones from HP, Lenovo, and ASUS, which Microsoft and cellular service companies are planning to push.

Am I willing to personally do anything to support x86? Nope.

Are x86/32 bit Win10 installs going away? Nope.

Strange world.
less and less people use 32bit. also 32bit executables still work on 64bit OS.
also when upgrading to 64bit, i had less crashes due to memory problems.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: March 02, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.44.05-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

We're getting into the later part of DF release cycles, where updates slow down and everyone has a chance to breathe and fix some bugs again - from a range of new tweaks and features in DFHack to removing crashes in Therapist or Legends Browser.  Enjoy... striking the Earth!

0.44.05-r03
 - updated DFHack to 44.05-r2
 - updated TwbT to v6.35
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v39.2.1
 - updated Meph's graphics pack to v2.3 (Jecowa's version)
 - updated Gemset graphics to 44.05a
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.17

SHA256:  b0d743c7ecf75391c9456ccaef5c7a6973d16a910a2b557e0f4e08c055bb4683

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

TheEpicRanger6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: March 07, 2018, 08:33:58 pm »

Problem, I cant find the exe, I extracted it and everything.
During a civil war, I saw a child wailing on an unconscious priest and screaming on top of the walls. I don't know what he did to that kid, but I assumed it must've been awful. I put a pick through his head, and the brat spit at me and accused me of murder. I bodyslammed him off the parapet, 13 z-lvls up.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:24 pm »

I see it in there; it's "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: March 07, 2018, 09:11:58 pm »

If you have antivirus software running, make sure it isn't set to randomly delete files without warning.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheEpicRanger6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: March 07, 2018, 09:18:45 pm »

LOL, so sorry, I didn't check my desktop.
During a civil war, I saw a child wailing on an unconscious priest and screaming on top of the walls. I don't know what he did to that kid, but I assumed it must've been awful. I put a pick through his head, and the brat spit at me and accused me of murder. I bodyslammed him off the parapet, 13 z-lvls up.

TheEpicRanger6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: March 07, 2018, 09:20:13 pm »

Now, I cant find any utilities or graphics, they aren't there

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: March 07, 2018, 09:26:02 pm »

I'm guessing you are using Windows 10? I'm wondering if your launcher is getting sandboxed.

TheEpicRanger6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: March 07, 2018, 09:27:08 pm »

What do you mean by sandboxed, and yeah, I use windows 10, 64bit

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: March 07, 2018, 09:49:43 pm »

It's just a guess. Sandboxing it makes it run from a hidden folder. It's designed to protect you, but it makes it so that it can't find its folders like the graphics folder and utilities folder. You might try right-clicking on the launcher and seeing if there are any options that look like it could allow it or whitelist it or something.

jaynixxo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: March 08, 2018, 11:33:54 am »

having a problem with the latest releases of the starter pack.
when I zoom out and then try to designate something or do a mouse hover the game won't register the mouse. it only registers in the area of the inital start like it's some kind of scaling error of the mouse hover function and that this function only works with the initial start resolution and when you zoom out it stays at that resolution even though you zoomed out. so for example I start the game and I see a green cursor under my mouse then I zoom out and go to the lower part of the screen with my mouse then that green X disappears as if the mouse functions are disabled in that area.

I can't be the only one having that problem. Tried clean installs of r02 and r03 with default settings which doesn't help and I also tried changing a few settings. Nothing helped.
I found someone who created a mephs launcher for the 44.02 release and that launcher is using twbt 6.33 and dfhack version 0.44.05-alpha 1 and I don't have those problems with that launcher.
I would like to use the starter pack though and would be glad if someone could help me fix that problem and i would be interested why I am having that problem with the starter pack and seemingly nobody else. I am running it on windows 10.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:07:39 pm by jaynixxo »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: March 08, 2018, 12:54:15 pm »

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:56:02 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 385