Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098134 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4845 on: March 23, 2018, 03:33:23 am »

Wonderful pack, used for years.

Question: are the bugs with graphics packs not allowing pedestals/display cases resolved as of latest release?  Last download was... 44.01.
The graphics packs have been updated to support pedestals for a fair while (can only really speak for Phoebus, but the very early *experimental* LNP versions did state graphics packs were still not updated). Given the way PeridexisErrant runs things, I would expect a graphics pack that hadn't been updated to be excluded from the stable pack versions until the pack is updated.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: March 23, 2018, 10:13:00 pm »

All graphics packs except Dungeon Set are updated for Dwarf Fortress v0.44.05 in the latest v0.44.05 release. Using Dungeon Set won't prevent you from being able to use pedestals and display cases, though. But it uses old stats for most of the trees and I think it will have some effect on kobolds milking animals.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:19:25 pm by jecowa »

Zydramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: March 23, 2018, 10:52:07 pm »

Ahhh, dungeonset is the one I'm planning on using too.

As long as it won't prevent using them anymore I can accept this!

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: March 24, 2018, 02:26:26 am »

Thanks for your work!
I "cannot play without it"" too.

+1

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: March 25, 2018, 03:30:00 am »

Never forget, you can always Frankenstein the modpack and try to splice in updates if you want to take them for a whirl.

I can probably figure out the df hack and twbt part but what do I need to add to the 44.05 LNP to update the base game to 44.07?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: March 25, 2018, 05:01:41 am »

I can probably figure out the df hack and twbt part but what do I need to add to the 44.05 LNP to update the base game to 44.07?
Checkout the Baselines folder.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: March 26, 2018, 09:44:08 am »

Could the value of [ZOOM_SPEED:n] in init.txt be reconsidered?

This setting limits control of the size of the fort view and text screens independently. The default value of 10 is a big jump per keypress, and there is no way to achieve a substep of that large jump.
I found a value of 1 works pleasantly smoothly, just perhaps a little slow perhaps. 5 is still quite a big minimum step size. 3 seems a happy medium enabling accurate adjustment of font size and fairly quick zooming in/out.
Klok the Kloker !

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: March 26, 2018, 04:00:31 pm »

I forget what zoom does. Does this mean like zooming in with the scroll wheel? I kind of thought it might have to do with scrolling around the map or maybe mining designations.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: March 26, 2018, 05:23:49 pm »

It's the first thing you said. Neither of the other things are zooming.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:59 pm »

Yup, in Peridexis' keyboard set the square brackets adjust the magnification - it changes the column width of the display so you can zoom in and out during play, for eg. a wide angle strategic view. Zooming in the fort view doesnt change the text areas, but you can zoom in the text screens and it changes the text size (without changing the fort view).

Its a nicely implemented zoom feature but the default value of 10 (characters per zoom step) seems un-ergonomic to me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 05:59:24 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: March 26, 2018, 06:41:03 pm »

it changes the column width of the display
Oh, now I think I understand what this setting changes. It changes the values of the "80" on the 80x25-tile window and tries to change the 25 to proportionally match.

Zooming in the fort view doesnt change the text areas, but you can zoom in the text screens and it changes the text size (without changing the fort view).
I'm surprised that it is possible to change the sizes of these screens independently of each other. Maybe this is a DFHack feature?

the default value of 10 (characters per zoom step) seems un-ergonomic to me.
5 seems like an ideal number for a 16x16 tileset on a 1280 display. But running a 16x16 tileset on a 2560 display would make 10 a pretty good number. The implementation of it having to do with the number of characters wide the window is seems kind of silly. I think it makes more sense if the zoom adjusted the tilesize instead of the number of columns.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: March 26, 2018, 07:38:51 pm »

Id say it does in effect change the tilesize, but in increments that create an integer number of characters on screen. Thats pretty appropriate and isn't complicated by different resolutions and tilesizes (at this configuration level). Sometimes the resulting pixel ratio looks a bit messy, but having smaller available stepsize helps with sidestepping that.

Ive perked up the repeat key acceleration values a bit too, so maybe 3 is too small but the default stepsize of 10 characters seems like its obscuring a nice feature.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:53:42 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: March 26, 2018, 10:41:17 pm »

One thing that works much better for a smooth zooming experience is, rather than just adding or subtracting x lines from the width and height, just keep track of the original, non-zoomed size, and a multiplier, which is increased or decreased by a percentage each time. That way, the zoom sizes seem visually consistent, otherwise once you zoom out more, the zoom step becomes apparently less and less.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: March 26, 2018, 10:43:23 pm »

Zooming in the fort view doesnt change the text areas, but you can zoom in the text screens and it changes the text size (without changing the fort view).
I'm surprised that it is possible to change the sizes of these screens independently of each other. Maybe this is a DFHack feature?
It's a TWBT feature.

Strainer, I'm not sure when you could have something that isn't an integer number of characters on the screen. If you're referring to just map tiles, that might be a TWBT feature, but otherwise, vanilla DF's zoom logic is restricted to integer grid sizes too. The exact behavior when tiles need to be stretched can vary depending on init.txt settings, like BLACK_SPACE.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: March 27, 2018, 08:01:36 am »

Any news upon when the starter pack for 44.07 comes?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 385