Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113064 times)

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

to run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .net framework:
v4.0.30319
contact your application puiblisher for instructions about obtaining the approriate version of the .NET framework.
Do you have the .net framework installed? If not, installing it would definitely help in this situation.

I am not in the habit of downloading software I know nothing about. What does this do?

(the only links I've found tell me it runs things.)  What is it and why do I need it ?
an''t catch me!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Jackal,

It's like installing the Java library so stuff runs in your browser.  Same idea.

Kranchan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I downloaded r61 and when I enable Stonesense via the console the game just crashes. I don't get an error message other than Windows saying that it has stopped working. I have the "use isometric graphics option" in DFHack checked. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sys Specs
CPU: i5 2500
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
GPU: nVidia GTX770

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

That hardware's fine, so it's probably a software issue.  Maybe a missing dependency or something?  Unfortunately I have no idea what's going wrong, so maybe try playing for a few minutes without then enabling it and waiting for a while.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Kranchan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know why it would be missing something from within the r61 pack. What does it need from outside the pack? ie Java, .net, etc?

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

I don't know why it would be missing something from within the r61 pack. What does it need from outside the pack? ie Java, .net, etc?
It needs the .net framework, as it was pointed out a few posts above yours ;)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the GUI needs the .NET framework - Stonesense, being (relatively) cross-platform, does not.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

No, the GUI needs the .NET framework - Stonesense, being (relatively) cross-platform, does not.
Oh, nevermind then, I wasn't paying much attention at all and completely misread that. My bad, I guess I'm just too used to people asking the same stuff multiple times on the same page in forums.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, sorry about the mixup with the filename on the last magnet url I posted. I forgot to update the filename, but everything else was correct.

Here's the url for r61 (now with 2(!) trackers):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:464f3650901561a5b2787a0ad68d63c7f103a780&dn=PeridexisErrant+LNP+r61.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:30:49 am by cdombroski »

Kranchan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I have .net 4.5 so that shouldn't be the issue. I found the error log and the last three lines are...

Invoking: command-prompt
UNKNOWN CLASS 'viewscreen_commandpromptst': vtable = 0x65e4631c
Invoking: stonesense overlay

Also I tried letting the game sit for a few minutes before enabling Stonesense but it still crashes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:37:42 pm by Kranchan »

Dragonator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

When I try to activate stonesense by running the command "stonesense overlay" in DFHack I get the following output:

[DFHack]# stonesense overlay
Stonesense launched
Using allegro version 5.0.9 r1
al_create_display failed

Oathbreaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't work.

Download, extract, run, Ctrl-Shift-P type "stonesense overlay", hit Enter - another window pops up, I have no idea how to get started. We need a step-by-step instruction to follow beyond just "download this, it works and it's great!"

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Quickstart_guide

Seriously, it sounds like you've got all the programs running and now all you need to do is start playing!  Be aware that the overlay does nothing until you embark though.
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

The Starter Pack has been updated to r62, the last updated before DF2014 comes out next week (for real this time).  As usual, you can download it on DFFD.

The main features this time are more graphics options (Rendermax and Text will be Text), and a pile of bug fixes.  The advanced graphics are still pretty buggy, so they're disabled by default and if interested you should read the threads linked on the contents page. 

Changelog: 
 - re-added 'Classic LNP' keybinds
 - added TwbT versions of Phoebus and Spacefox; you just need to drop the plugin and never use stonesense in if you want to use them (thanks to Meph Fricy for the additional tilesets)
 - added/disabled Text will be Text, the plugin is under 'LNP/useful'
 - fixed the copy script, which is meant to copy over soundsense music as well but has been broken for months (many thanks for the report /u/cvskeet)
 - added the Rendermax plugin, a post-rendering lighting engine for DF (compatible with TwbT graphics packs only, but not with TwbT itself!)
 - the DFHack tab now works, a late-night typo has been fixed (thanks, Splinterz)
 - added Rendermax to DFHack tab
 - clarified some of the tooltips on the dfhack tab
 - I misread the Dwarf Therapist update; now back to v21.8 until the update is jugded stable and properly released

The other important news is that I'm going to be camping from 2014-07-04 (Friday) to 2014-07-10 (Thursday), which means I might take a few days to update the pack.  In the meantime, I've uploaded my prepared template pack - if you can't wait, you can just finish the pack for yourself  ;D

It's an exciting time coming up - best luck, and I'll catch up when I return to civilisation!
 Donations here.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

-- Removed by original poster --

Please don't grief Peridexis for taking a vacation, I might feel the need to defend his kindness.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 385