Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112584 times)

HunterZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5130 on: November 10, 2018, 04:11:38 pm »

Seems like I always get errors that crutches, splints, wombat meat, and pond turtles are not available when trying to use Gorny's embark.

This would be fine, except that it only then lists animals as things I can spend the points on that would have gone to those items. Why does it not list non-animal items?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: November 10, 2018, 08:35:41 pm »

Seems like I always get errors that crutches, splints, wombat meat, and pond turtles are not available when trying to use Gorny's embark.

This would be fine, except that it only then lists animals as things I can spend the points on that would have gone to those items. Why does it not list non-animal items?

Whether the items are available depends on random factors about the generated world and chosen civilization, so it's rough. I'll take a look at Gorny's and see if I cant replace overly specific items with more generic ones (I help maintain that set of embark profiles; the CraftLords ones are mine.)

As far as spending additional points goes, do you not get a general list of items when you hit 'n'? If not, I have a hard time imagining what the Starter Pack could be doing to cause it (and it works for me.)
Team Bug Fix!

HunterZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: November 11, 2018, 02:52:56 pm »

Whether the items are available depends on random factors about the generated world and chosen civilization, so it's rough. I'll take a look at Gorny's and see if I cant replace overly specific items with more generic ones (I help maintain that set of embark profiles; the CraftLords ones are mine.)

As far as spending additional points goes, do you not get a general list of items when you hit 'n'? If not, I have a hard time imagining what the Starter Pack could be doing to cause it (and it works for me.)
Thanks, 'n' works while the left column is active - guess it's been too long since I played to remember how that part of the UI works.

Is it possible that the missing items are only present with the default Phoebus tileset? I think I've been using Spacefox instead.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: November 11, 2018, 03:52:21 pm »

No, nothing to do with tileset! :)

You choose your civilization from the site selection screen, and the game knows where all your civ's sites are. When you choose an embark profile, it removes any items your civ wouldn't have access to, so your civs where the starting items failed as you described didn't have access to apple trees and wombats, etc.

The trick to making them more universal is to use first level cavern woods, common stones, and common domestic animals, etc., which every dwarf civ should have access to. I've been in contact with Gorny1, and I've updated it and hope to get it in the queue for next release!

In the meanwhile, if you'd like the new version, you can find it here: https://pastebin.com/EABRKJUa

You can just copy the text from the pastebin and add it to the bottom of the list in your data/init/embark_profiles.txt. Once you've saved it, you'll find it in your normal embark profile list as GORNYS EASY PEASY START 0.44.12.
Team Bug Fix!

HunterZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: November 11, 2018, 07:14:28 pm »

The update works better - it only complained about no sand this time.

Edit: And another time the sand was fine but the milk was a problem (said no two-humped camel's milk but then I was able to manually add some?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:42:15 pm by HunterZ »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: November 12, 2018, 10:11:18 am »

Edit: And another time the sand was fine but the milk was a problem (said no two-humped camel's milk but then I was able to manually add some?)
maybe it requests a certain type of wood for the barrel of the milk and that is not available?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: November 12, 2018, 05:48:33 pm »

maybe it requests a certain type of wood for the barrel of the milk and that is not available?

No, no specific barrel wood (the game chooses containers, probably from civ available, but I've not paid attention to it. I thought that since two-humped camels were common domestic, the milk would be available, but apparently I'll need to experiment more. I wonder if you can lose common domestic animals in worlds missing their biome? The original had a (useless) blood barrel there, and I hoped to make it more useful, but Gorny might have been more clever than I was on that, and I've introduced a new failure point.

With the sand, it has several colors of sand, so you'll pretty much always get some, or most of the sands, and can replace missing white with red, for example. While it technically increases the chance of error, that's probably the best way to go about it, and I think I'll do something similar with the CraftLord embarks.
Team Bug Fix!

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: November 13, 2018, 09:39:12 am »

i often got the same with kea meat. the availability really differs between worlds.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

hehehillman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »

Is anyone has this problem?

It seems nothing happened after I launch the "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe", No PyLNP.user or stderr.text created, the process "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe (32bit)" showed a few seconds in taskmgr then disappeared.

So...I can't launch the launcher...

My PC is windows 10 64bit. I've searched the whole forum:

I've uninstalled the avast and disabled the windows defender;
I tried to launch it in safe mode;
I launched it with administrator permission,in compatibility mode,with full permission
I've unblocked the zip file before unzip it;
I've put them in different directories;
I've copied all the files(extracted) which were successfully launched from another PC with windows 7 64bit and tried to lauched it.

:'(

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: November 14, 2018, 10:31:40 pm »

Is there a stderr.txt or stdout.txt file created in the same folder as PyLNP? If so, what's in it/them?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

hehehillman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: November 14, 2018, 10:45:13 pm »

Is there a stderr.txt or stdout.txt file created in the same folder as PyLNP? If so, what's in it/them?

Not any file  created...

hehehillman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: November 15, 2018, 09:07:08 am »

Is anyone has this problem?

It seems nothing happened after I launch the "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe", No PyLNP.user or stderr.text created, the process "Starter Pack Launcher (PyLNP).exe (32bit)" showed a few seconds in taskmgr then disappeared.

So...I can't launch the launcher...

My PC is windows 10 64bit. I've searched the whole forum:

I've uninstalled the avast and disabled the windows defender;
I tried to launch it in safe mode;
I launched it with administrator permission,in compatibility mode,with full permission
I've unblocked the zip file before unzip it;
I've put them in different directories;
I've copied all the files(extracted) which were successfully launched from another PC with windows 7 64bit and tried to lauched it.

:'(

Problem Sovled!
In the forum I've found the answer....Just to change my Windows Account Name to English letters, then everything works fine!

Indeks

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: November 18, 2018, 10:29:41 am »

Hey. I downloaded the latest LNP (0.44.12-r04) and Im having some problems with textures. For some odd reason while using spacefox, doors appear as what look like engraved wall texture once built. They appear normal however before they are built. I have attached a screenshot demonstrating this, with an unbuilt door on top and a built one on bottom.

Also, up/down stairs seem to have the wrong texture aswell (looks like its the cursor icon). Pictured below.

Upon further investigation, this seems to be a problem in many tilesets. I have attached pictures from Phoebus aswell.

Spacefox

Phoebus

Thanks for your work on this project.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: November 18, 2018, 02:58:53 pm »

Hey. I downloaded the latest LNP (0.44.12-r04) and Im having some problems with textures. For some odd reason while using spacefox, doors appear as what look like engraved wall texture once built. They appear normal however before they are built. I have attached a screenshot demonstrating this, with an unbuilt door on top and a built one on bottom.

Also, up/down stairs seem to have the wrong texture aswell (looks like its the cursor icon). Pictured below.

Upon further investigation, this seems to be a problem in many tilesets. I have attached pictures from Phoebus aswell.

[snipped]

Thanks for your work on this project.

From the reddit announcement thread:

"It seems twbt_* folders aren't handled correctly in this version. Others and myself have to manually copy the folders.

Hopefully it is fixed soon, but for now you can copy twbt_* folders in their respective vanilla counterpart.

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r04\LNP\graphics\Spacefox\

copy data\twbt_art to data\art
copy data\twbt_init to data\init
copy raw\twbt_graphics to raw\graphics
copy raw\twbt_objects to raw\objects

reinstall Spacefox through LNP's launcher (graphics tab - Spacefox - Install Graphics) then accept when it wants to update your savefileif applicable."

There's more information at the link from PeridexisErrant about the cause of the situation and why it worked for the previous release.
Team Bug Fix!

Indeks

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: November 18, 2018, 03:34:54 pm »

From the reddit announcement thread:

"It seems twbt_* folders aren't handled correctly in this version. Others and myself have to manually copy the folders.

Hopefully it is fixed soon, but for now you can copy twbt_* folders in their respective vanilla counterpart.

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r04\LNP\graphics\Spacefox\

copy data\twbt_art to data\art
copy data\twbt_init to data\init
copy raw\twbt_graphics to raw\graphics
copy raw\twbt_objects to raw\objects

reinstall Spacefox through LNP's launcher (graphics tab - Spacefox - Install Graphics) then accept when it wants to update your savefileif applicable."

There's more information at the link from PeridexisErrant about the cause of the situation and why it worked for the previous release.

Can confirm this worked. Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 385