Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347]

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 2802872 times)

SedrynTyros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sedryn's Corner
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5190 on: March 18, 2019, 12:07:22 pm »

Thanks for the replies!  I'll give it a shot!

UPDATE:
Holy crap ... that looks a lot better!  Thanks for the tips!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 01:28:58 pm by SedrynTyros »
Addendum to PeridexisErrant’s DF Walkthrough, based on v40.24:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObFaFWdTBm8sUDbSyLwJhByJ8UTAlw3K

PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12-r05 with additional, separate options for TWBT versions of graphics packs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q1DNngwQZzYD2pZg2RuubEYytEo_8rp4

Liamar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 25, 2019, 12:35:47 pm »

After building up courage to play DF again I'm getting a consistent crash a couple of turns after the beginning of summer (Exactly eve of 199.04.07). The game just closes out of nowhere seemingly at the same exact in-game time. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Could it be the first migrant wave?

e/

I got through it somehow by saving right before the crash time and going single-frame for some time with ' . '. Might be a coincidence or not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:39:25 pm by Liamar »

Japa

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 28, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »

It's probably text will be text. 90% of crashes are.

Jack-22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 29, 2019, 06:36:23 am »

It's probably text will be text. 90% of crashes are.

Yes, probably.
DFhack will have to go through adjustments, I imagine. But this is for a second step after the release.

Or, who knows, this update does not require a TWBT. This could be added officially since the demand is real. Let's wait ...

DanceMachine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: April 11, 2019, 03:43:56 pm »

Hello,

I have run into an error that is present with Meph Tileset mod as well. When I play about 1 season and a quarter, DF will no longer be able to find building materials that are on a different Z level.

So if my stone stockpile is 3 z levels from what I am building it doesn't show up in the selection menu for materials once I have placed the structure. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? It has happened like clockwork with 3 or 4 forts I have started.

I'm currently playing on the 0.44.12-r05 version of LNP. This error stops if I play on 0.44.12-r02 version of LNP. And the same thing goes for Meph Tileset, an older 44.12 version of it gets rid of the error.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this in and if it is, please point me in the direction of the right forum.

Thank you!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: April 11, 2019, 04:12:00 pm »

Tile sets shouldn't have any effect on pathing. Building materials show up only if they're accessible from the building site, and the typical reason for that is that building the first thingie blocked the path. As the problem is likely to be a user error (most problems are, even for experienced players), the "gamplay questions" or "DF Dwarf Mode Discussions" sub fora are better places for the question. Questions/problems with individual items in the pack are better brought up in their threads, as the pack is a compilation of items that "only" packages them up in a convenient package.

If you still can't find what's wrong, a question in a suitable board with a link to a zipped up save will probably allow someone to figure out what's wrong.

DanceMachine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: April 12, 2019, 11:20:13 pm »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and the info re LNP, PatrikLundell!
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347]