Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113022 times)

Vesper MTS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5280 on: February 01, 2020, 01:27:41 pm »

hey when will it update to 0.47.01

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: February 01, 2020, 03:24:11 pm »

Presumably still waiting for DFhack to finish it's memory-scan thingy, which in turn gives other mods a chance to update. I don't think we have a set date for this.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: February 01, 2020, 03:43:01 pm »

Sigh...

When a sufficient number of the pieces it compiles (and, obviously, the most important ones) have been upgraded, and PE has time to update the pack. When will that be? Probably not within a week, and probably within half a year. The first one of an arc typically takes considerably longer than the bug fixing ones. It's actually most likely there won't be a pack for 0.47.01 because 0.47.02 (and possibly more bug fix releases) gets released before the enough components are in place to collect into a pack.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: February 01, 2020, 05:19:51 pm »

well..that all depends on whether someone FED the modmakers in between releases..after the textile factory fire in Bangladesh we moved their cells to an underground bunker...some STONERS who were in change of feeding them might have been playing video games and forgot.

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5284 on: February 03, 2020, 08:50:10 am »

Presumably still waiting for DFhack to finish it's memory-scan thingy, which in turn gives other mods a chance to update. I don't think we have a set date for this.

This should be highlighted
DF hack is what i am waiting for as well, the LNP pack is just a nice way of having everything essential (DF Hack, Tileset, Dwarf Therpist) together
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: February 03, 2020, 12:23:08 pm »

DF hack is what i am waiting for as well, the LNP pack is just a nice way of having everything essential (DF Hack, Tileset, Dwarf Therpist) together

Tileset can be installed without dfhack, and some definitions are uploaded to github since day after.
Dwarf Therpist has experimental version and do not need dfhack. 

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: February 05, 2020, 11:56:09 am »

I mostly use DF Hack for hauling priorities and suchlike but this isn't really essential. What function is it that makes DF hack so necessary for you guys to use? I'm afraid that I missed all the years playing DF some important features.
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: February 05, 2020, 12:22:26 pm »

If I had to single out one specific feature then that would be the mousequery plugin, I just can't bring myself to play without it. Otherwise in "vanilla" DF, I just use it for secondary tasks like the search filters in the stock menu, exporting legends which it's way easier with dfhack and you can do it even when playing in fort mode, the embark assistant which gives more options when searching for interesting biomes during the pre embark phase or for the "die" command that just closes Df without saving which is really handy when either something really stupid happens like choosing the wrong civ during embark or when the embark location just doesn't have the features that I wanted.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: February 05, 2020, 01:38:01 pm »

The second biggest thing is moving construction materials to the top of the list after one use, so you can build lots of walls out of the same material.

The third is kloker which is better that DwarfTherapist in a lot of ways
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169329.0

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: February 05, 2020, 02:29:25 pm »

The second biggest thing is moving construction materials to the top of the list after one use, so you can build lots of walls out of the same material.

Oh, I didn't know that's a DFHack feature.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: February 06, 2020, 01:50:19 am »

Oh, I didn't know that's a DFHack feature.
It's a HUGE time saver for me, especially when I'm building my initial walls.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: February 06, 2020, 03:35:27 am »

mousequery, embark assistant, autolabor, and those automaterial stuff, a plugin that stops seeds and tallow from being wasted in the kitchen by forbidding those for cooking, aswell as some minor ones, that just change tiny UI things and are a big help.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Man0warable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: February 06, 2020, 11:55:19 am »

What function is it that makes DF hack so necessary for you guys to use? I'm afraid that I missed all the years playing DF some important features.
Auto forbidding fertilized eggs is a must for me. Otherwise, I can't be bothered to breed birds. Also auto-butcher since I tend to keep large animal stocks.

Vesper MTS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: February 06, 2020, 03:27:34 pm »

can some one plz just tell me how to add kruggsmash texture pack to the vanilla game plz. i cant play without a texture pack and sins its going to take so long for the lazy newb pack i am going to learn the game without it but i need a texture pack i need kruggsmashes texture pack

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: February 06, 2020, 07:03:41 pm »

Not sure about kruggs tileset. Nor phoebus for that matter. But mayday has a working version http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137370.255

Perhaps that will do for now? Therapist also has a working version somewhere. Maybe someone will make a temporary pack or something.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 385