Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112363 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5295 on: February 06, 2020, 08:56:44 pm »

Is it possible to use a tileset like Bitlands (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172607.0) using the LNP? I've been able to make it work before, but since this tileset makes quite a few changes to the raw/objects, I don't know if using it in the LNP would break something in some non-obvious way. I know that Meph's full tileset doesn't play nice with the LNP, which is why he provides his own launcher, but I've never understood exactly why it doesn't work.
Strictly speaking changing the raws in addition to the image files makes this a graphics pack, not a tileset... I'll give it a go once things stabilize a bit.  Meph's modpack is separate because he wanted to ship a separate launcher and integrate it with user-customisable mods, rather than because it's intrinsically impossible.

Any chance we could get an "early pack" with the bare essentials, once those are ready? Say therapist + tileset? ;)
Depends on when those are ready, mostly - I've done early packs for previous releases (great for both impatient players and pack-authors who need feedback!).  But if DFHack is ready before the rest, we'll jump directly to that  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: February 08, 2020, 07:59:18 am »

Great! Thanks for your work, PeridexisErrant

The second biggest thing is moving construction materials to the top of the list after one use, so you can build lots of walls out of the same material.

Oh, I didn't know that's a DFHack feature.
Yeah, thats what I thought.

mousequery, embark assistant, autolabor, and those automaterial stuff, a plugin that stops seeds and tallow from being wasted in the kitchen by forbidding those for cooking, aswell as some minor ones, that just change tiny UI things and are a big help.
Auto forbidding fertilized eggs is a must for me. Otherwise, I can't be bothered to breed birds. Also auto-butcher since I tend to keep large animal stocks.
Oh, lots of plugins I haven't utilised! Micromanage begone!
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: February 08, 2020, 02:53:57 pm »

I still have yet to figure out how to use half that shit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sly_urist

• Escaped Lunatic
  • In yer fort, eatin' yer Plump Helmets
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: February 09, 2020, 02:44:20 am »

can some one plz just tell me how to add kruggsmash texture pack to the vanilla game plz. i cant play without a texture pack and sins its going to take so long for the lazy newb pack i am going to learn the game without it but i need a texture pack i need kruggsmashes texture pack

I am pretty sure Krugg uses Curses which is the stock graphics pack. Just go to your game folder\data\init\init.txt open that file in notepad and scroll down to where it says [GRAPHICS:NO] and change it to  [GRAPHICS:YES] then save.

pudding437

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: February 09, 2020, 11:17:07 am »

can some one plz just tell me how to add kruggsmash texture pack to the vanilla game plz. i cant play without a texture pack and sins its going to take so long for the lazy newb pack i am going to learn the game without it but i need a texture pack i need kruggsmashes texture pack

I am pretty sure Krugg uses Curses which is the stock graphics pack. Just go to your game folder\data\init\init.txt open that file in notepad and scroll down to where it says [GRAPHICS:NO] and change it to  [GRAPHICS:YES] then save.

He uses one that is slightly different to Curses.  Here it is, with the instructions on how to do it.
https://kruggsmash.com/tileset/

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: February 09, 2020, 11:38:27 am »

Any word on LegendsViewer?  I can live without DFHack for as long as it takes but not having a friendly graphic interface to look at Legends mode is killing me.

Yes, I'm a dork.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: February 09, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »

Any word on LegendsViewer?  I can live without DFHack for as long as it takes but not having a friendly graphic interface to look at Legends mode is killing me.

Yes, I'm a dork.
LegendsViewer (like most tools the pack collects) has its own thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.0. If you look there you'll see Kromtec is working on it. When will it be ready? When the work is sufficiently complete... I'm sure PE is keeping an eye out on progress for all tools that are candidates for the pack.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: February 09, 2020, 12:34:52 pm »

LegendsViewer (like most tools the pack collects) has its own thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.0. If you look there you'll see Kromtec is working on it. When will it be ready? When the work is sufficiently complete... I'm sure PE is keeping an eye out on progress for all tools that are candidates for the pack.

Ah thanks!  Didn't see that thread.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: February 10, 2020, 01:38:32 am »

Ah thanks!  Didn't see [the legendsviewer] thread.
I've got a hyperlinked table of contents at the top of this thread, if there's anything else you're looking for  ;)

Which might be handy, because for the Starter Pack I usually do wait for DFHack  :P
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: February 13, 2020, 07:28:22 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.02-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

0.47.02-r01
    (preview/unstable; not yet recommended for new players)
 - updated Vettlingr graphics to 1.3-1
 - updated Dwarf Fortress to v0.47.02
 - updated graphics packs for compatibility - CLA, Ironhand, Mayday, Meph, Obsidian, Phoebus, Spacefox
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.18.1
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.20.01
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.1.3
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.02-alpha0-200213001 (a nightly build - may be unstable)

SHA256:  0e4440ac966c261d3b66100e3ca775edf547a62fe7984b67d9ba2157d6b2b4e0

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
 Donations here.

Altorin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: February 13, 2020, 08:25:13 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.02-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

You're awesome thank you brother.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: February 13, 2020, 10:45:33 am »

Looks like it's almost time for Toady to release the next update then ;)

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: February 13, 2020, 10:54:23 am »

Yeeah! Thanks Perry!
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Timonk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: February 13, 2020, 11:19:27 am »

Some Problems with the new Alpha:

- game starts horribly zoomed in, the sidebars take like 1/2 of the screen
- DFhack window dosent open

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: February 13, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »

Some Problems with the new Alpha:

- game starts horribly zoomed in, the sidebars take like 1/2 of the screen
- DFhack window dosent open

Are you using any tileset/graphic set (other than the default one)? I've had that zoom in issue with Meph's iirc in the past.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 385