Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112219 times)

Timonk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5310 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:54 pm »

nope, im using phoebus

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: February 13, 2020, 03:53:58 pm »

FYI, my work's firewall is blocking the new download claiming a trojan. I don't know what would be causing that, it's not blocking other things on DFFD.

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert

This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: MalAgent.J_31560 (Trojan) blocked.

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: February 13, 2020, 03:58:30 pm »

DFHack is set to OFF in the DFHack tab, you have to turn it on.

TWBT is missing, but it has a working version.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #5313 on: February 14, 2020, 01:36:29 am »

FYI, my work's firewall is blocking the new download claiming a trojan. I don't know what would be causing that, it's not blocking other things on DFFD.

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert

This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: MalAgent.J_31560 (Trojan) blocked.

DFHack uses a similar injection method as many common malware programs use to modify apps in memory, so it often triggers false positives.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Timonk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: February 14, 2020, 05:52:33 am »

by big sidebar i mean that the sidebars Arent slim like normal DF but really thicc. which is bad because i dont want to see the left side only

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: February 14, 2020, 06:55:45 am »

Thank you so much, Peri!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: February 14, 2020, 11:32:07 am »

by big sidebar i mean that the sidebars Arent slim like normal DF but really thicc. which is bad because i dont want to see the left side only

Does pressing tab a few times help?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: February 14, 2020, 01:04:32 pm »

It sounds like you are missing TWBT. I don't think the pre-release pack includes TWBT plugin for DFHack.

Timonk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: February 14, 2020, 02:02:14 pm »

TWBT missing is most likely the reason. even though the current Version has TWBT in the files, you cant currently select it

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
Petition
« Reply #5319 on: February 14, 2020, 03:01:19 pm »

I have liked this utility because it is multi-platform and very lightweight in memory usage, liberating a whole lot of system memory for being usable in Dwarf Fortress where it is badly needed.

ApplicationPlatform LanguageVersionDownload size in MBRuntime required in MB
LinuxOSXWindows
SoundSensejava runtimer2016-111165-80
SoundCensec# CLR1.4.45.275.275.27100
soundsense-rsRust native or WebAssembler1.3.22.811.912.70

I play DF under windows and linux and use sometimes packs for convenience.

Lately concerned by security (more surface attack for malware) issues I have uninstalled oracle java and microsoft Net from my machines (at least for general use), mono sadly is not much better ni feature complete.

I see in the 1st post that the Pack includes either SoundSense that requires the java runtime and SoundCense that requires the NET framework runtime; Both runtimes are really massive over the HD as over the memory system where they really could potentially out-compete or slow Dwarf Fortress process.

It is for those reasons that I have begun to use Sound-sense-RS in Windows and Linux because it does not need ANY run-time additional to do basically the same thing than the other two.

As SoundSense-RS download weights only 2.7 Mb, there is any possibility of including it into this pack?

This would enable that people that do not want to install a whole runtime just to listen the sounds of a game, to have a better integrated option than install the application themselves.

Just to signal that I have not  renounced to the exclusive benefits of those runtimes like advanced crypto, digital signing and identities; I jail then when necessary in protected and isolated environments.  8)

Other pack maintainers have already begun the integration.
Hey, prixt. I just wanted to let you know I'm including SoundSense-RS in the Lazy Mac Pack.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:46:33 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Promethium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: February 17, 2020, 03:55:39 am »

Woo! 47.03 just got released and fixed a bunch of major bugs! Waiting excitedly to see this pack's alpha get updated to said version! Many thanks to everyone that works so hard to make all those awesome utilities play nice with DF! I will begin the patient wait.

huux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: February 17, 2020, 10:13:53 am »

Hello, first post here :)

First I must say that I really love the work you put into this pack and ofc DF as well!

I'm really stuck to the Ironhand tileset and in the 0.44.12-r08 version it seems like menus, intro and world generator is ASCII and only the game part is Ironhand's tileset.
I the latest "pre-release" It seems like everything is connected to the tileset. This means menus look cool but are way to big(imo).

The question; Is this something that will be changed in the "real" release of the pack or am I stuck with the overly sized letters and no ASCII?
If so, can anyone help or point me to where I can learn to fix it myself?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: February 17, 2020, 10:17:42 am »

Hello, first post here :)

First I must say that I really love the work you put into this pack and ofc DF as well!

I'm really stuck to the Ironhand tileset and in the 0.44.12-r08 version it seems like menus, intro and world generator is ASCII and only the game part is Ironhand's tileset.
I the latest "pre-release" It seems like everything is connected to the tileset. This means menus look cool but are way to big(imo).

The question; Is this something that will be changed in the "real" release of the pack or am I stuck with the overly sized letters and no ASCII?
If so, can anyone help or point me to where I can learn to fix it myself?

It should get fixed in the real release. The TWBT plugin for DFHack is what allows the menus to be smaller and easier-to-read.

Psudo36

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: February 17, 2020, 09:39:29 pm »

NM - hopping to bug thread
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:48:36 pm by Psudo36 »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: February 20, 2020, 09:41:09 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.03-r01!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

0.47.03-r01
    (preview/unstable; not yet recommended for new players)
 - updated Dwarf Fortress to v0.47.03
 - updated graphics packs for compatibility - Ironhand, Mayday, Meph, Obsidian, Phoebus, Spacefox
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.20.02
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.03-alpha0-200219000 (a nightly build - may be unstable)
 - updated default embark profiles
 - DOES NOT include Text Will Be Text plugin

SHA256:  707ff5997ff772252570ffcec5a3eb5157994501365d2704567bbdca1d4a2df0

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 385