Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112479 times)

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5325 on: February 20, 2020, 11:12:59 am »

Thank's for the pack!

For those really missing TwbT out there: clinodev compiled it for us: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13880

It does work with DF 0.47.03.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: February 20, 2020, 02:42:53 pm »

(I did not compile it, it was thurin using the indivisible patch. I just kept asking competent people until it happened! ;) )
Team Bug Fix!

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #5327 on: February 20, 2020, 03:33:49 pm »

Can't find the multilevel view dfhack plugin... perhaps I could move it from an older launcher?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: February 20, 2020, 04:00:32 pm »

Multilevel view is part of the TWBT plugin for DFHack.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #5329 on: February 20, 2020, 04:41:59 pm »

Ah, I see, I tried to check on all plugins and dlls in the dfhack folders and all pretty much matched.
However after looking at the LNP folder I found that it wasn't specifically dfhack, it was simply PyLNP.json missing the dfhack option to set up the multilevel to 5.
Guess it makes sense, since the latest version of LNP didn't include TWBT, therefore not including TWBT settings.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:45:00 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: February 20, 2020, 10:30:43 pm »

when i start up, the dfhack console contains a "multilevel is not a recognised command" error and a bunch of "twbt is not a recognised command" ones. and, i get that this is because twbt is not present -- but what do i need to edit/change to make it not try to use it? (instead of trying and failing, like it currently does)

edit: figured it out myself, needed to comment out "multilevel 0" from dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:00:18 pm by HungThir »

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: February 21, 2020, 12:48:23 am »

(I did not compile it, it was thurin using the indivisible patch. I just kept asking competent people until it happened! ;) )

Can I override PeridexisErrant's latest alpha Starter Pack's files with those files you provided and continue onward with its installation as instructed to enable TWBT?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: February 21, 2020, 12:59:56 am »

Can I override PeridexisErrant's latest alpha Starter Pack's files with those files you provided and continue onward with its installation as instructed to enable TWBT?

That should work fine as far as DF/DFhack/TWBT are concerned, but I'm not certain whether this Alpha Starter Pack will recognize it's installed.

It's discussed here.

It's worth a try, I'd think!
Team Bug Fix!

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: February 21, 2020, 01:28:44 am »

when i start up, the dfhack console contains a "multilevel is not a recognised command" error and a bunch of "twbt is not a recognised command" ones. and, i get that this is because twbt is not present -- but what do i need to edit/change to make it not try to use it? (instead of trying and failing, like it currently does)

edit: figured it out myself, needed to comment out "multilevel 0" from dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init

i also had to comment out "twbt unit_transparency 1" from onLoad_gfx_Phoebus.init to stop the "twbt is not a recognised command" when actually starting a game, even though i use the CLA graphics set, not Phoebus.  i think Phoebus was the default though... is there a bug here where the old graphics set's init file isn't removed when the graphics set is changed?

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: February 21, 2020, 02:29:14 am »

That should work fine as far as DF/DFhack/TWBT are concerned, but I'm not certain whether this Alpha Starter Pack will recognize it's installed.

It's discussed here.

Thanks a ton.  :)

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: February 22, 2020, 11:37:33 am »

It's discussed here.

I'll save you a click:

"[...] copy twbt.plug.DLL from DF/hack/plugins, and set printmode to TWBT in the init.txt in /data/init"
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: February 23, 2020, 05:11:40 am »

I recently switched from Java SoundSense to SoundSense-RS in my pack since Macs don't include Java anymore. I'm also including a miniature sound pack, so people can get some use out of it without downloading anything extra. It's only 14 MB instead of the 423 MB of the "official" pack. It's mostly a reduced version of the "official" pack with the biggest change being most music removed. It's here if you want to use: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bumhy495a3spr0m/packs_mini_%282020-02-20%29.zip/file

I kind of want to put it on github, but not sure if it should be a branch or fork or something of this or if it should have its own repo.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: February 24, 2020, 06:34:31 am »

TIL: there are many more sounds in the SoundSense than there were playing.

The reason is the default sample pack (aka "./packs/default/sample.xml"): it has a sound with `(.+): (.+)` which makes it play instead of anything in ./packs/emotion. My current emotion: "Stop! This isn't happening!".

@PeridexisErrant

Please add to the SoundSense's `configuration.xml` following:
Code: [Select]
<disabledSounds><item path="./packs/default/sample.xml"/></disabledSounds>

On another note, the SoundSense/dfhack/scripts/soundsense.lua is also missing from "Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03/hack/scripts" and consequentially isn't run when a game is loaded, i.e. we have an empty ss_fix.log.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:35 am »

Imo, just delete the whole "default" pack. disabling its "sample.xml" makes the whole thing inert. None of the other sound packs in the official pack reference anything from the "default" pack. The production pack kinda does, but it has its own copy of the "Drop Metal Thing" ogg file that it uses already. From what I understand, the "default" pack is just meant to demonstrate examples all the features of SoundSense and is kinda annoying to actually use.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: February 25, 2020, 08:09:20 am »

Imo, just delete the whole "default" pack. disabling its "sample.xml" makes the whole thing inert.

Deleting it from the pack wouldn't disable it in case the pack is unpacked over the previous one. Not sure if this is a big concern though.

Another note on the pack:

The `Announcement Window` has the icons but isn't preconfigured to use them. The Settings.cfg is generated at first start, but I think it can as well be provided.

Maybe along with
Code: [Select]
gamelog_path = ..\..\..\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03\gamelog.txt
save_hidden_announcements = True
load_previous_announcements = True
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 385