Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4113911 times)

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5370 on: April 05, 2020, 09:54:00 am »

In the current preview release (0.47.04-r01) there's an issue with the TwbT plugin.  It's in the wrong location, probably due to my restructuring of the TwbT preview release package.

Until there's an updated pack you can do this to fix it:

You can use windows explorer to open up the "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.04-r01\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\hack\plugins" folder wherever you unzipped it.  You'll see a 0.47.04-beta1 folder inside there.  Open that folder and copy the twbt.plug.dll file and paste it into main plugins folder.

You'll also then need to select TWBT as the Print Mode on the Graphics tab in the launcher if you want to use it.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: April 05, 2020, 10:53:57 am »

Thanks thurin. I can add that TWBT isn't available as a print mode until you've moved the file and restarted PyLNP.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: April 05, 2020, 11:47:16 am »

Thanks from me too, thurin. There I was, marveling at Vettlingr's graphics of my new embark... then *theme from Jaws plays*... the dreaded "X" staircases!
But your fix is perfect and now the world is good again!

Túrin Turambar - my favorite of all J.R.R.'s characters.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:52:24 am by Uthimienure »
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: April 05, 2020, 09:16:02 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r02!
You can get alpha versions of the starter pack here.

This is a super-simple update: the only change is that the TwbT plugin is now in the right place  ???.  I forgot to check that it was working, but it's fixed now and I've automated the check so that this particular problem can never happen again  8)

0.47.04-r02
    (preview/unstable; not yet recommended for new players)
 - fixed TwbT installation problem

If you've already downloaded -r01, follow Thurin's instructions: "You can use windows explorer to open up the "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.04-r01\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\hack\plugins" folder wherever you unzipped it.  You'll see a 0.47.04-beta1 folder inside there.  Open that folder and copy the twbt.plug.dll file and paste it into main plugins folder."

SHA256:  7743954037837eea150545e6d12c123aa032fcabfca083cdd3392af2d6bde5e3

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

cadexn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: April 06, 2020, 05:03:12 am »

Thanks for the release! Quick question tho is it just me or i cant seems to change the tileset? I've clicked ok after the tileset change confirmation ( Are you sure you want to continue? window) and LNP just closes and nothing happens

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: April 06, 2020, 06:25:13 am »

Thanks for the release! Quick question tho is it just me or i cant seems to change the tileset? I've clicked ok after the tileset change confirmation ( Are you sure you want to continue? window) and LNP just closes and nothing happens

Are you using Windows 10? Another Windows 10 user was having trouble on the reddit. It crashes when he tries to install a graphics pack. I'm not sure what is going on. https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fvb3lc/pylnp_win_crash_when_changing_graphics/

cadexn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: April 06, 2020, 08:35:03 am »

Are you using Windows 10? Another Windows 10 user was having trouble on the reddit. It crashes when he tries to install a graphics pack. I'm not sure what is going on. https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fvb3lc/pylnp_win_crash_when_changing_graphics/

Yes I am, I'll check out the thread

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: April 06, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »

i'm on windows 10, and was able to change the tileset from the default (phoebus?) to CLA with no problems.  i wonder if the crash only occurrs for certain tilesets?

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: April 06, 2020, 09:36:10 pm »

Of the million downloads of the Starter Pack, chances are a good portion are Windows 10.  It runs fine on the vast majority of windows 10 systems.

There's something else going on here.  Like installed into a spot where the user doesn't have write access.  I have no idea without more info.

0ink3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: April 07, 2020, 05:27:31 am »

I know its a relatively minor thing, but I noticed that one of the embark profiles came preloaded with a wooden training axe. Once upon a time this would have worked fine for tree's, but now that DF no longer allows this type of axe to cut a tree, it only provides a specific flavor of 'fun'.

Perhaps this could be removed/changed ?

Thorocaine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: April 07, 2020, 06:32:17 am »

Hey, I am the guy from reddit and happened to see this little conversation here.

To answer any questions:
  • It happens when trying to change to any graphics pack, including CLA and ASCII.
  • It is not DF or LNP version-specific, I have tried older starter packs.

This morning I decided to find python-LNP on GitHub.
I cloned the repo, then moved the DF and the LNP folders in (from the downloaded zip).
I then had to install Python :P
Anyway, I got that running, and it did work. I don't know if there is any different from what I found in GitHub, and what I would be running from the download, but it works when running from code.

Thorocaine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: April 07, 2020, 06:33:40 am »

So, to summaries...

If I run from the source, I am able to change to a different Graphics pack.

If I run from the downloaded EXE, I can't.

cadexn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: April 07, 2020, 07:43:19 am »

Hey, I am the guy from reddit and happened to see this little conversation here.

To answer any questions:
  • It happens when trying to change to any graphics pack, including CLA and ASCII.

I cloned the repo, then moved the DF and the LNP folders in (from the downloaded zip).
Anyway, I got that running, and it did work. I don't know if there is any different from what I found in GitHub, and what I would be running from the download, but it works when running from code.
i'll have to try this out. thanks !

cadexn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: April 07, 2020, 08:03:43 am »

To answer any questions:

ok i tried running from source and it worked. thank you so much!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:43 am »

So, to summaries...

If I run from the source, I am able to change to a different Graphics pack.

If I run from the downloaded EXE, I can't.

What Python version are you using when you run from source? Does the path to your DF installation contain any non-ASCII characters? I'm guessing this may be a Unicode issue with Python 2, which I think the pre-built EXE still uses.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 385