Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112241 times)

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5415 on: April 27, 2020, 10:25:52 am »

Hello, thanks for the NoobPack !
I get an error when I try to install the graphic pack:

Code: [Select]
ERROR: Something went wrong while installing graphics
There's nothing else...

It's a fresh install, in a clean folder.
Is it possible to increase the log's verbosity to find out what's wrong?

Some people (I) have had this for a few versions now.
The current guess is that it has to do with the version of Python being used to compile the EXE.

If you grab the source and run or build it yourself it should work (until the compiled version works).

Read a few posts back, I talk about grabbing testing the source directly.

Speculation is that this is due to unicode characters in the directory path for where the LNP is installed which python2 does not deal well with.  Downloading and running from the source using python3 would resolve this, as would renaming whatever folders the LNP lives under that have unicode.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: April 27, 2020, 11:23:50 am »

Thanks PE!

Getting a consistent error with DFHack: "exportlegends info" while exporting Extra Legends_plus xml (reports completion of historic figs @ 100% then:)
(DFHack version 0.47.04-r1 (release) on x86_64)

...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:332: Cannot read field identity.civ: not found.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:332: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:956: in global 'export_legends_info'
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:1009: in local 'script_code'
        ...ames\DF-PE-~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:680: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)
This is a bug with DFHack getting the script out of sync with the (changing) data field definitions.
You can either wait for a new DFHack (which will likely take a while, given that the new one just came out), copy your save to the previous version of the LNP and use the corresponding script there (I believe that one worked correctly with that version), or correct the script yourself.
The correction is fairly simple: Open the script (found as <DF>\hack\scripts\exportlegends.lua) in a text editor, find line 332, and change "idV.civ" with "idV.entity_id" and save the file.

The field was renamed from "civ" to "entity_id" because the identity is often not one of being a member of a civ, but being a member of some other entity (such as e.g. a site government or a religion).

uristavatar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: April 27, 2020, 12:37:43 pm »

The correction is fairly simple: Open the script (found as <DF>\hack\scripts\exportlegends.lua) in a text editor, find line 332, and change "idV.civ" with "idV.entity_id" and save the file.

You, sir, PatrikLundell are a god among men (who also include BenLubar and Lethosor and everyone else in team DFHack)

Many thanks - it works a treat!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: April 27, 2020, 04:28:42 pm »

Getting a consistent error with DFHack: "exportlegends info" while exporting Extra Legends_plus xml (reports completion of historic figs @ 100% then:)

...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:332: Cannot read field identity.civ: not found.
stack traceback:
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:332: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:956: in global 'export_legends_info'
        ...~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:1009: in local 'script_code'
        ...ames\DF-PE-~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:680: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)
Ok, this is weird. I reported it on our issue tracker, and Ralpha just noticed that the error report you gave doesn't match the script included in DFHack 0.47.04-r1: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/0.47.04-r1/exportlegends.lua#L332-L338 - the line numbers are off, and civ was already changed to entity_id (almost 2 weeks ago, in fact).

Looking at this change, I suspect there is still an old version of the exportlegends script included in this pack, which was needed to patch a different issue in the last pack, but no longer works with the current DFHack (from the commit log, the pack was released before the old exportlegends script was removed).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: April 27, 2020, 06:02:39 pm »

stack traceback:
        (...tail calls...)
Ok, this is weird. I reported it on our issue tracker, and Ralpha just noticed that the error report you gave doesn't match the script included in DFHack 0.47.04-r1: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/0.47.04-r1/exportlegends.lua#L332-L338 - the line numbers are off, and civ was already changed to entity_id (almost 2 weeks ago, in fact).

Looking at this change, I suspect there is still an old version of the exportlegends script included in this pack, which was needed to patch a different issue in the last pack, but no longer works with the current DFHack (from the commit log, the pack was released before the old exportlegends script was removed).

I'm going to guess that even though it was removed from the components.yml, the lua file still existed in the components folder from a previous build and was copied in.  Or it was fixed after the release.

Either way, I can confirm that it's broken in the release, and replacing it with the R1 version of the script fixes the problem.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: April 28, 2020, 10:48:22 pm »

I'm going to guess that even though it was removed from the components.yml, the lua file still existed in the components folder from a previous build and was copied in.  Or it was fixed after the release.

Either way, I can confirm that it's broken in the release, and replacing it with the R1 version of the script fixes the problem.

Yep, looks like I uploaded a bad build - thanks for the diagnosis everyone!  Fix will be up in a few hours...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: April 29, 2020, 11:46:38 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r05!  As usual, you can get it here.

This is just a tiny bugfix update: in all the clicking of uploading a stable back and archiving the last stable pack for DF 0.44.12, I uploaded a broken DFHack script.  Thanks to everyone who reported and helped to diagnose this!

0.47.04-r05
 - fixed pack-assembly error which broke DFHack's exportlegends command

SHA256:  e1a99a0b1b1792227e47365caefdf21b2e23657e9ef62498cb354f0eea5e0b15

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

elheffe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: May 01, 2020, 06:19:17 pm »

Cannot get this to start on my system- immediately crashes after embark.  Which log files should I look into for errors?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: May 01, 2020, 06:36:34 pm »

You can try zooming way out, disabling transparency, or just disable TWBT while embarking.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

elheffe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:48 am »

Disabled TWBT, was able to embark and played for a while.  Restarted with TWBT enabled, and it was fine.  Lost fort within two years to werelizard wrestler going full ham on my fort.  Launched new embark, with TWBT enabled, and it was fine.  So, I guess I just needed to give the app a kickstart?  Regardless it is awesome! Thank you!!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: May 05, 2020, 09:17:34 am »

Not exactly, it's just that for one reason or another TWBT has the tendency to crush in the embark screen but it works just fine when loading a fort.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Caponimoq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: May 08, 2020, 03:13:01 pm »

Hello, i need help making blueprints in QUuickfort. I cant make them work.
Urist McDM:"Roll a dwarven stupidity check"
*Urist McPlayer rolls 1
*Urist Mcplayer gets stucked in a hole
Urist McPlayer has been found death

ctempleton3

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: May 10, 2020, 12:26:37 pm »

Dwarf Therapist updated to have the new skills in 0.47.04.

https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/tag/v41.1.7

Also, DFhack had a bug in deathcause that they fixed.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1563

Do you think you might be able to update this issues with a new version?

Thanks!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: May 10, 2020, 05:51:10 pm »

The pack is a collection of components. This means that the components have to be available to be collected, which isn't the case with the script bug: there hasn't been any new DFHack release that contains it (and you can modify the script locally to apply the fix anyway).

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: May 12, 2020, 11:10:19 am »

Getting "not well formed" legends_plus XML files (which Legends Viewer will then not load). This is both with "exportlegends all" and "exportlegends info".

Linje 3444060, kolonne 17:
<item_subtype>￿ <id>613428</id>
------------------------------^
Using Starter Pack 0.47.04-r05.
Seen with 25-ish different worlds (because I generated a lot).

Perhaps not a Starter Pack issue, just thought I'd start here.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 385