Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4108949 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5430 on: May 12, 2020, 12:00:54 pm »

Getting "not well formed" legends_plus XML files (which Legends Viewer will then not load). This is both with "exportlegends all" and "exportlegends info".

Code: [Select]
Linje 3444060, kolonne 17:
<item_subtype>￿ <id>613428</id>
------------------------------^
Using Starter Pack 0.47.04-r05.
Seen with 25-ish different worlds (because I generated a lot).

Perhaps not a Starter Pack issue, just thought I'd start here.
The DFHack thread would have been a better place to report that, yeah. I'm not seeing any particular reason why item_subtype wouldn't be escaping special characters properly, though. Could you upload the XML file to help us track it down?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 12, 2020, 12:56:37 pm »

I'd suggest uploading a world causing trouble as well, as that would allow us to verify a correction.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 12, 2020, 02:06:37 pm »

Getting "not well formed" legends_plus XML files (which Legends Viewer will then not load). This is both with "exportlegends all" and "exportlegends info".

Code: [Select]
Linje 3444060, kolonne 17:
<item_subtype>￿ <id>613428</id>
------------------------------^
Using Starter Pack 0.47.04-r05.
Seen with 25-ish different worlds (because I generated a lot).

Perhaps not a Starter Pack issue, just thought I'd start here.
The DFHack thread would have been a better place to report that, yeah. I'm not seeing any particular reason why item_subtype wouldn't be escaping special characters properly, though. Could you upload the XML file to help us track it down?
I'd suggest uploading a world causing trouble as well, as that would allow us to verify a correction.
World with corresponding "exportlegends all" output here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15072 - note this issue was also seen with output from "exportlegends info".
I'll go straight to the DFHack thread next time.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 12, 2020, 10:10:38 pm »

World with corresponding "exportlegends all" output here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15072 - note this issue was also seen with output from "exportlegends info".
I'll go straight to the DFHack thread next time.
I think the XML file wound up being enough, actually - I just needed to figure out which of the 11 places an item_subtype tag is produced was causing the issue (turns out it was most of them), and the single line in Legends Viewer's error message wasn't enough to determine that. By the way, your file included around 1.2 GB of bitmaps, which I would have preferred to avoid downloading (but they compressed well enough so it's not a big deal).

Here is an updated version of the script that should address the issue (click the "Raw" button to download). I didn't actually load your save, but I changed line 3444060 (wow!) manually, and that was the only change needed for xmllint to accept the file, so I think that should fix it. Let me know if it works for you.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: May 13, 2020, 01:55:41 am »

I think the XML file wound up being enough, actually - I just needed to figure out which of the 11 places an item_subtype tag is produced was causing the issue (turns out it was most of them), and the single line in Legends Viewer's error message wasn't enough to determine that. By the way, your file included around 1.2 GB of bitmaps, which I would have preferred to avoid downloading (but they compressed well enough so it's not a big deal).

Here is an updated version of the script that should address the issue (click the "Raw" button to download). I didn't actually load your save, but I changed line 3444060 (wow!) manually, and that was the only change needed for xmllint to accept the file, so I think that should fix it. Let me know if it works for you.
Oops, 1.2 GB? Today I learned the difference between "info" and "all". Sorry about that, upload was <100MB so I didn't stop to think.

The output from the updated script is accepted by my Firefox browser, i.e. I can confirm it is well formed XML (at least for some value of "well formed"). The legends_plus file is still not recognised as such by Legends Viewer. This may be an issue with Legends Viewer, I'll see what I can find.

Certainly the file has many entries: though the world is not that large, it is several hundred years old. A file compare (on the textual level using notepad++) showed that the differences between the legends_plus files produced were all to do with the letters 'ö' and 'å'. Replacing these with 'oe' / 'aa' did not result in Legends Viewer accepting the legends_plus file.

Further, Legends Viewer also report site ownership conflicts in the input it accepted an processed, not that I know if that has anything to do with my current issue.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: May 13, 2020, 02:44:14 am »

@Tournesol: The conflict ownership issue is not related to the failure of Legends Viewer to process the "plus" file, but stems from inconsistent info in DF's native XML export, and happens reasonably often. I believe Legends Viewer has some kind of failure threshold where it gives up trying to make sense of the "plus" file data if there is too much it can't parse.

It happens if you change the exportlegends.lua file to output enum strings rather than enum numbers, for instance.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 13, 2020, 03:35:04 am »

@Tournesol: The conflict ownership issue is not related to the failure of Legends Viewer to process the "plus" file, but stems from inconsistent info in DF's native XML export, and happens reasonably often. I believe Legends Viewer has some kind of failure threshold where it gives up trying to make sense of the "plus" file data if there is too much it can't parse.

It happens if you change the exportlegends.lua file to output enum strings rather than enum numbers, for instance.
Hm, I changed nothing with exportlegends.lua...anyway I just mentioned this in case it pertained to the issue at hand. Perhaps it is the failure treshold you mention which causes my issue...all worlds I tested were 420 years old, making for many historical events, hence more sources of possible inconsistencies in the DF output.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:52:04 am by Tournesol »

boogiemanspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: May 13, 2020, 06:27:58 am »

I've had no luck searching this, but if I want to disable mouse on the starter pack, how do I go about doing so? It's not jiving with my tileset and to be honest I never use the mouse anyway.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 13, 2020, 07:27:29 am »

@Tournesol: I didn't mean to imply you'd made such changes, but I've done that and noted that Legends Viewer gave up. In your case I think it's just overload (and I've seen is as well with your world and lethosor's updated script).

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: May 13, 2020, 08:02:00 am »

@Tournesol: I didn't mean to imply you'd made such changes, but I've done that and noted that Legends Viewer gave up. In your case I think it's just overload (and I've seen is as well with your world and lethosor's updated script).
No offense taken, just wanting to avoid any misunderstandings.

Luckily I could get the information I was looking for by doing a text search in the legends_plus file.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: May 13, 2020, 01:45:16 pm »

I've had no luck searching this, but if I want to disable mouse on the starter pack, how do I go about doing so? It's not jiving with my tileset and to be honest I never use the mouse anyway.

You need to get rid of the line "mousequery \" in the dfhack.init.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: May 13, 2020, 08:28:30 pm »

this one isn't exposed through the starter pack gui, afaict.  you need to manually edit your [df]/data/init/init.txt, find the line that says "[MOUSE:YES]" and change it to "[MOUSE:NO]"

edit: turning off "mousequery" in dfhack.init will only turn of the dfhack mousequery feature; all the vanilla mouse features will still be there to annoy you
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:31:15 pm by HungThir »

boogiemanspud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 13, 2020, 09:02:12 pm »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Got it!  :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: May 15, 2020, 06:40:59 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r06!
As usual, you can get it here.

We're back to updates as usual now - things are stable, and settling in to a comfortable slow feed of new features... but with every new pack, the Steam Release gets closer.  Since time is subjective, you might as well pass it by striking the earth!

0.47.04-r06
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.1.7
 - updated Legends Browser to 1.19

SHA256:  8ef1173d4734a91ab467a534f3a83e324007ad8451cd9c1cfe0b6e168e077aaf

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ghanditron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 17, 2020, 05:42:08 pm »

Thank you so much for the starter pack!!! It's been 10 years since I've played DF and I had no idea something like this existed: super helpful! I really appreciate the efforts in making this. Made setting up DF very very easy!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:59:27 pm by ghanditron »
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 385