Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109147 times)

meffcio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5460 on: June 07, 2020, 06:52:07 pm »

Is it me, or is the world generation a bit slower with this pack for example in comparison to Meph's launcher?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: June 07, 2020, 08:45:13 pm »

Is it me, or is the world generation a bit slower with this pack for example in comparison to Meph's launcher?

It wouldn't shock me to hear it was different for you. Based on questions asked on the subreddit, people are generally unaware of how many mods they have turned on in Meph's launcher. You may well have things turned off or on that would affect worldgen time. The Dwarf Fortress Revised mod seems to be turned on by default, for instance, which itself is a collection of mods from various sources.

Perhaps compare it to vanilla worldgen times?
Team Bug Fix!

meffcio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: June 08, 2020, 07:07:13 am »

It wouldn't shock me to hear it was different for you. Based on questions asked on the subreddit, people are generally unaware of how many mods they have turned on in Meph's launcher. You may well have things turned off or on that would affect worldgen time. The Dwarf Fortress Revised mod seems to be turned on by default, for instance, which itself is a collection of mods from various sources.

Perhaps compare it to vanilla worldgen times?
Yep, it is turned on by default in Meph's. Anyway, I did a couple of "benchmarks" and the results are:

~10,5 min in vanilla
~12,5 min in PE
~9,5 min in Meph's

So it's not just a gut feeling after all. While both aren't that far from vanilla, PeridexisErrant's takes almost 30% longer than Meph's to generate a world on my machine. Not a game changer anyway.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: June 08, 2020, 11:16:46 am »

Out of curiosity, are these words exactly the same in each case?  I know for a fact* that even subtle differences in the raws can result in different world histories which in turn can result in different world gen times.

* I was doing some tests, generating a world using the same world+history SEED but two different versions of a custom civ (one had Death as a viable god in their pantheon, the other didn't). Now each time civ version A would result in world version A and civ version B would result in world version B.While both versions gave the same world geographically, each version had civ/historical sites in different places (ie necro tower in west part vs necro tower in east part).
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: June 09, 2020, 01:23:20 am »

Umm, every link I use to try and download ends up with a broken link error saying "The requested URL /file.php was not found on this server."

What happened?
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: June 09, 2020, 03:06:05 am »

Umm, every link I use to try and download ends up with a broken link error saying "The requested URL /file.php was not found on this server."

What happened?

It's backed up here: http://df.wicked-code.com/

This is what's going on, long story short, Toady's migrating servers due to hosting company foolishness. it's gone in and out for me, currently out.

https://twitter.com/Bay12Games/status/1267536731085008896
Team Bug Fix!

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: June 09, 2020, 04:27:34 pm »

What happened?

This is what's going on, long story short, Toady's migrating servers due to hosting company foolishness. it's gone in and out for me, currently out.

Thanks for the help. :) Here's hoping toady is doing well
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: June 16, 2020, 03:12:22 pm »

so tried the noob pack and the game didnt want to embark, downloaded vanilla and still it doesnt launch tried without dfhack etc. not sure what to do. it kinda worked earlier today with a crash.

edit:nwm working again now, lets see how long.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:16:01 pm by zeves »

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: June 16, 2020, 06:54:20 pm »

download link seems to be broken.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:57 pm »

download link seems to be broken.
More detail would be helpful, but assuming you're getting a "not found" page, there's another link a couple posts above yours:

What happened?

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: June 17, 2020, 05:22:35 am »

I just switched texture packs from vanilla to CLA 18px and I've received a fatal error: "missing building definition:Practice_workshop"
now I know the practice workshop is a modded in building (I also put in horn beetles from Kruggsmash)
How do I fix it so I can continue on my save? Or is it a lost cause...

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: June 17, 2020, 09:16:35 am »

Just to be sure: Did you have a modded game and then used the LNP launcher to update the save file with the new tileset?

If I am not mistaken the launcher copies over the raws so any modded file gets lost. Perhaps installing the mod directly to the save will fix it. There two ways to do this 1) copy the mods' raws into the raw folder found in DF/data/save/world or 2) edit the already existing files (in said save) to include the changes contained in the mod's raws. Keep in mind that certain tilesets use different tile designations so even if you do manage to make it work the added content might not be displayed as it should.

Normally I would suggest to make a back up first but I'm not sure if it has any merit in this situation, modding saved games is wonky at best. I wouldn't get my hopes high.

edit: If you end up giving up on the save then I would suggest doing a "clean" install altogether. On a fresh LNP install first chose your tileset and then install the mods that you want. The thing about tile designations might still apply (it can be fixed by modding yourself the tiles used by the problematic creatures/workshops before you gen a world)  but the game should work just fine otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:30:52 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: June 17, 2020, 11:32:19 am »

Yeah, I had the modded game and then used the launcher to update it

and what you suggested worked! Thank you!

kirill_P

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: June 18, 2020, 04:41:22 pm »

This is what i see when i try to launch DF with the LNP and TWBT activated.

https://imgur.com/VQ37BuE

I can only seem to play it with print set to 2D. Anyone knows what it could be?

DeathShad0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: June 21, 2020, 09:41:33 pm »

Having the odd issue of starting Dwarf Fortress through the launcher with Phoebus installed, seeing the main menu in Phoebus' style, then everything getting forcibly reset back to ascii after several seconds of loading.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 385