Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4112793 times)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5505 on: November 02, 2020, 06:02:28 pm »

Not sure if its just me but this version crashes on me using Meph+Vordak graphics and the window size is bigger (my screen resolution is 3440x1440). I played the previous release with the same settings and did not see this. I switched for now to vetlingr_32x32

Meph tileset seems to be causing problems with this pack right now. el Indio and I were also was getting constant crashes and switching from Meph to a different tileset fixed it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: November 02, 2020, 07:40:24 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am not seeing anything on the announcement window utility while playing. Is this a known issue with that mod or do I need to change some setting on the pack to get it working??

You need to point it to your gamelog.txt for it to read it. Should be a menu option within the utility.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: November 03, 2020, 06:44:08 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.04-r10!
As usual, you can get it here.

This release is has some nice new features in Dwarf Therapist, but the main focus is on stablilty: unfortunately via removing Meph's tileset for now, but also via many new bugfixes in Legends Viewer.  So strike the earth - without crashing!

0.47.04-r10
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.2.0
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.20.06c with many crash fixes
 - removed Meph tileset due to many crash reports :-/

SHA256:  fb2c65c2312317bb3c1d126b9a6f0f71518e887c29d9cfc8ff63b35d40c27340

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: November 04, 2020, 04:59:14 pm »

I have a really nice save game I want to continue. I updated to r10 and I now have to switch out of Meph's tileset. However, all tilesets that I try, the launcher complains that it cannot update my save game as "it would break the raws". As a result, the tilesets don't seem to look right when I load my save. Can anything be done or is the save game lost?

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:38 pm »

I have a really nice save game I want to continue. I updated to r10 and I now have to switch out of Meph's tileset. However, all tilesets that I try, the launcher complains that it cannot update my save game as "it would break the raws". As a result, the tilesets don't seem to look right when I load my save. Can anything be done or is the save game lost?

You could try manually replacing the raws in the save folder with the raws of the new tileset. I am not completely sure if that would work, but it's worth a try.

Back up the save first, just in case.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: November 04, 2020, 08:09:10 pm »

You can just keep playing that world in the r09 pack - and start new games in r10.  You can have as many separate installs of DF and the Starter Pack as you have disk space for!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Oin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:32 am »

I've downloaded the pack and everything seems to work fine, everything but the Vettinglr tileset  ???

When I try it I get to the main menu, but if I press any key or after a couple of seconds the game will stop and a DF not responding message appear. Anyone knows what could be causing this?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: November 10, 2020, 11:56:15 pm »

is the dfhack version number visible in the top left corner of the main menu?  if not, then dfhack is still loading.  i've found it can take a few minutes sometimes, for some reason.  just let it keep running, listen to the nice music, and when the dfhack version number appears, you're ready to go

cosmic_charlie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: November 11, 2020, 09:36:28 pm »

Hey I'm having the same problem as qxel where some objects like U/D stairs and quivers show the wrong icon and workshops don't have custom graphics. I'm using the Spacefox graphics pack.

Since LNP include DF 0.44.xx or higher (unfortunately, including 0.47.xx), I have a very annoying graphical problem: my U/D stairs & bins are capital X. It works fine with DF 0.43.xx (I test all the way to the Starter Pack 0.43.05-r11).
I search this thread and try some tips related the Phoebus pack, like downloading the latest version of it and copying the files, even try to disabled transparency (I saw something about it) or multilevel, but nothing worked (tests made with almost all LNP 0.44.xx-rxx versions, and recently with the latest available: LNP 0.47.04-r08).

I followed Ulfarr's steps:

The fix is rather simple qxel (once you know it that is). I strongly advice you that you do the whole proccess on a fresh install of the Starter Pack.

1) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\twbt_art in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\art.
2) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\twbt_init in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\data\init.
3) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\twbt_graphics in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\graphics.
4) Copy the content from Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\twbt_objects in Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\raw\objects.
5) Make sure that in the LNP launcher you have chosen "Print Mode: TWBT" (found in the Graphics tab).

But after that the workshops were fixed but everything except units seemed to be using Pheobus graphics?? Very strange. If anyone has any advice on how to fix the problem I'd greatly appreciate it. Not like its a huge problem but its annoying to see X's for stairs and chests for quivers and such. Also in case its relevant I'm using the latest versions of DF and all the LNP stuff. Thanks ahead of time!

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: November 12, 2020, 03:56:43 am »

I've been summoned!

I thought that LNP updates the DF/data/twbt folders when you change graphics packs through the launcher but it seems that isn't the case. By using those files along with those from other graphics packs results in the problems you described.

Anyway the proccess to fix it is the same but you have to use the files found in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.04-r10\LNP\graphics. In that folder you can find the correct files for any of the supported graphics packs.

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Oin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: November 12, 2020, 07:28:36 am »

is the dfhack version number visible in the top left corner of the main menu?  if not, then dfhack is still loading.  i've found it can take a few minutes sometimes, for some reason.  just let it keep running, listen to the nice music, and when the dfhack version number appears, you're ready to go

Ok so I've done my research and this is what happens. If I try to run the tileset with dfhack and TWBT as printing mode the game crashes seconds after reaching the title screen. No matter (I think) the time I let it run (tried 15 minutes) the arrow will turn into the Windows blue circle loading and any further click will pop up the not responding sign.

After several tries I've managed to make it run disabling dfhack and setting the printmode from TWBT to 2D. This of course makes it look worse than it should with the TWBT. With the printing mode set to 2D dfhack will work too. So it seems to be something related to the TWBT with 32x tilesets (maybe computer limitations? I play in a laptop). Almost the same happened to me when trying the Meph tileset.

So far I'm even enjoying the ASCII, so not a big deal :)

Thank you for your help!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: November 12, 2020, 10:58:22 am »

So it seems to be something related to the TWBT with 32x tilesets (maybe computer limitations? I play in a laptop). Almost the same happened to me when trying the Meph tileset.
This seems like a likely issue to me - depending on the tileset (and its size), TWBT can sometimes try to load a lot more textures than vanilla DF, without much error handling, so this can crash if your video card isn't up to the task. Disabling TWBT is probably the easiest workaround if you're happy with that.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: November 12, 2020, 11:58:22 am »

I've been summoned!

I thought that LNP updates the DF/data/twbt folders when you change graphics packs through the launcher but it seems that isn't the case. By using those files along with those from other graphics packs results in the problems you described.

Anyway the proccess to fix it is the same but you have to use the files found in PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.04-r10\LNP\graphics. In that folder you can find the correct files for any of the supported graphics packs.
The problem seems to be that the TWBT-specific content was moved to a separate folder for several tilesets in the DFGraphics repo. The LNP just copies over the content of the LNP\Graphics\[Tileset] folder to the main game folder and while it can detect twbt specific folders in the raws (twbt_graphics and twbt_objects), it cannot do the same for the art and & init folders, so the twbt_art and twbt_init folders are ignored. Which means that the tilesheets for the overrides and the overrides.txt aren't where they are supposed to be. Ironhand, Mayday, Obsidian, Phoebus and Spacefox are affected by this.

This should probably be patched in python-lnp and as a temporary workaround, those folders should probably be merged back into the respective art and init folders in the pack.

khripunoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: November 16, 2020, 06:34:58 am »

Using PyLNP 0.14a
  • The "Premerge Graphics" button doesn't change it's visual status when clicked, although it does change the "premerge_graphics" in PyLNP.user.
  • Since DFHack 0.47.04-r2 exportlegends "added ability to save all files to a subfolder, named after the region folder and date by default" the "Process Legends Exports" can't locate the new legends files exported with the default "exportlegends info/all", unless they were exported to the top DF folder with "exportlegends info/all ." (with a dot)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:53:24 am by khripunoff »
Kiron Kappi!

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: November 17, 2020, 09:29:39 am »

I've been getting a lot of crashes on embark when TWBT is enabled, I seem to recall this being the culprit a few times in a past as well.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 385