Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109715 times)

prototype2001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5565 on: February 11, 2021, 05:27:43 pm »

So in a txt file in the DF Starter Pack folder - probably dfhack.init - are lines that enable unit_transparency and workshop_transparency. If you find them and change the 1s to 0s it will disable those options again. (Or you can remove those lines or comment them out by adding a # to the start of the line.)

Or there may be an option in the LNP, I don't know.

DFHack is a team effort, but Lethosor is indeed a vital pillar of the DF community.

I checked the ini couldn't find anything about transparency. Thanks for the help, setting unit the transperancy to 0 fixed my crashes, otherwise the game was completely unplayable. I can now run a fort into a FPS death rather then a ragequit of installing 100z pumpstacks followed by a crash.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 11, 2021, 06:00:12 pm »

I checked the ini couldn't find anything about transparency.
Make sure you're looking for files with an "init" extension, not "ini". Also, it's possible that a different .init file was running the command - maybe "onLoad.init", "onLoadMap.init", or "dfhack-something.init". It's not particularly easy to track down where a command was run from, unfortunately, but any files with a .init extension in your DF folder (or possibly your world folder) could run commands on startup or when a world loads. (I checked https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack but I'm not seeing a file that runs this command there.)

This is all entirely informational if you've fixed the issue on your end, of course - but hopefully it helps track down any similar issues in the future.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 11, 2021, 06:09:16 pm »

I think it's the tilesets that set those settings. The files would be called something like onLoad_gfx_[tileset].init in data/raw.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:55 pm »

I think it's the tilesets that set those settings. The files would be called something like onLoad_gfx_[tileset].init in data/raw.
Turns out this is, in fact, documented here (I forgot that this was added)! I suspect one of the data/save/*/raw paths there is what you're referring to. Those would definitely be another good place to check for .init files. (There is a good chance that this pack puts them in the top-level "raw" or "raw/objects" folder when you install a graphics set - DFHack ignores them there, but they would be copied to the data/save/*/raw folder when creating a world using that graphics set.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 11, 2021, 11:19:36 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r01!
As usual, you can download the starter pack here.

This is the first pack with DF 47.05 - a sweet bugfix release!  The starter pack also has updates for DFHack, TwbT, and Therapist to support it, of course.  Remember that you can copy your saves to the new version, and/or keep running multiple versions of DF from separate folders - so there's no reason at all to delay updating... strike the earth!

0.47.05-r01
 - updated Dwarf Fortress
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.05-beta1
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.05-beta1 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.2.1

SHA256:  6660d219d355025f9e2cdf5c85a33f53d43e074cfcf718a0f911f221dc8aeb4b

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D

Spoiler: Full contents (click to show/hide)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 12, 2021, 02:27:22 am »

Just in time for the weekend :D

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 13, 2021, 06:40:57 pm »

I'm getting a crash on embark when I load up or save an embark profile.  I don't know if it's DFHack or something else.  It's not SoundSense, I tested with and without it.  Running the Windows version.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 13, 2021, 06:57:31 pm »

I'm getting a crash on embark when I load up or save an embark profile.  I don't know if it's DFHack or something else.  It's not SoundSense, I tested with and without it.  Running the Windows version.

The most common crash on embark I'm aware of is caused by the TWBT plugin. You can get around it by setting the print mode to STANDARD in either the launcher or init.txt until you've actually embarked (with the dwarves and wagon on the ground,) then save, quit, and turn TWBT back on. The crash only seems to happen on the first embark for any given world, so you can then play on as normal. I strongly suspect this is your problem.

The second most common cause of "Pack weirdness" is trying to play from a compressed copy of the Pack or Dwarf Fortress, which must always be fully extracted before use. I only mention this because you mentioned embark profiles, and not being able to save embark profiles is one of many "mysterious" results from playing from a compressed "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r01.zip" file, for instance.
Team Bug Fix!

Galnart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 13, 2021, 10:41:08 pm »

I hope that the latest update works better than the one i had from months ago. I constantly got corrupt save files.
BTW how long has DFHack been in beta? i don't remember seeing the beta message on the last version i had

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: February 14, 2021, 12:09:45 am »

DFHack support for 0.47.05 is in beta. It goes through this stage for most new DF releases.

If you do come across issues, please report them here so that other people know about them and can try to diagnose them.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 14, 2021, 03:59:38 pm »

The most common crash on embark I'm aware of is caused by the TWBT plugin. You can get around it by setting the print mode to STANDARD in either the launcher or init.txt until you've actually embarked (with the dwarves and wagon on the ground,) then save, quit, and turn TWBT back on. The crash only seems to happen on the first embark for any given world, so you can then play on as normal. I strongly suspect this is your problem.

The second most common cause of "Pack weirdness" is trying to play from a compressed copy of the Pack or Dwarf Fortress, which must always be fully extracted before use. I only mention this because you mentioned embark profiles, and not being able to save embark profiles is one of many "mysterious" results from playing from a compressed "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r01.zip" file, for instance.

I'll try that then.  I don't run the LNP frpm a zip file anyway, so it's not that.

Fortressdeath

BeardedShrimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 15, 2021, 11:24:48 am »

When I downloaded and extracted the Starter Pack, Windows Security detected a Trojan inside the Dwarf Mockup utility.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 15, 2021, 12:57:17 pm »

I'll try that then.  I don't run the LNP frpm a zip file anyway, so it's not that.

Okay, that worked.  I think maybe I'll handle this by creating a trash fort that I have no real interest in playing when starting a new world, and just retiring it on embark.

Fortressdeath

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 15, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »

When I downloaded and extracted the Starter Pack, Windows Security detected a Trojan inside the Dwarf Mockup utility.
False positive - https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/krkb3z/fyi_skeeya_trojan_was_found_in_dwarfmockup/
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 15, 2021, 04:18:14 pm »

Okay, that worked.  I think maybe I'll handle this by creating a trash fort that I have no real interest in playing when starting a new world, and just retiring it on embark.
I don't think your approach would work, unfortunately, but you could try. My interpretation of clinodev's comment is that the transition from the world view to the fortress view is what causes TWBT to crash sometimes. TWBT only deals with tile display - it doesn't care about world history, e.g. how many times you have embarked in a world.

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 385