Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098194 times)

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5610 on: March 15, 2021, 02:03:56 pm »

I just changed some minor settings to a default download of this pack, (no intro, no sound)
and then when I'm about to embark the game just dies on me.

It doesn't say anything good in the logs, what should I do?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: March 15, 2021, 04:12:56 pm »

I just changed some minor settings to a default download of this pack, (no intro, no sound)
and then when I'm about to embark the game just dies on me.

It doesn't say anything good in the logs, what should I do?

It's probably a TWBT embark crash.

In the launcher, in the Graphics tab, click on "Print Mode:" until it reads "Print Mode: STANDARD" and do your embark again. Once you've fully embarked with your wagon on the ground, save, quit, go back into the launcher, Graphics tab, and set it back to "Print Mode: TWBT" and you should be able to play that embark normally from then on.
Team Bug Fix!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: March 15, 2021, 04:40:43 pm »

Are you using the "-R2" version of the pack? I got a crash when embarking on R1 of the 0.47.05 pack, but I thought R2 fixed it.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5613 on: March 17, 2021, 02:57:06 pm »

PeridexisErrant, have you considered splitting the Phoebus tileset? Like so:

Considering TWBT is on by default, it would make the game look better for most users.

QubeNub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: March 18, 2021, 09:21:43 am »

Hello, I have an issue with starting DF via LNP. The game instantly crashes on startup, it only starts successfuly when I set the Graphics mode to 2D. Neither Standard, TWBT or TWBT Legacy seems to work. I've also tried several of the Tilesets to no avail.

The game ran without problems a few months back on this laptop, with the same Win10 installation. The only thing I can think of is that some Windows update screwed something up.

Can anyone give me some things to try? Playing with 2D isn't really a problem, but I would like the additional TWBT options.

Thanks in advance!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: March 18, 2021, 11:21:31 am »

I don't know. STANDARD and TWBT modes use OpenGL while 2D uses SDL.

You might try updating your graphics card driver or maybe upgrading to an older version if that doesn't work.

QubeNub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:37 am »

Thank you jecowa, OpenGL configuration/installation was slightly f-ed on my machine. Got it working now! :D

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: March 19, 2021, 07:15:35 am »

@PeridexisErrant: Just suggesting (more like shilling, given the current state of development) a possible replacement here for Dwarf Portrait (which was experimental and long since abandoned, according to its programmer) (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177615.0)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: March 19, 2021, 04:31:09 pm »

Heads up guys, my windows defender just found a trojan in "Dwarven Mockup" in the newest version.  Something called "skeejer" or "skeever".
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: March 19, 2021, 04:41:40 pm »

Heads up guys, my windows defender just found a trojan in "Dwarven Mockup" in the newest version.  Something called "skeejer" or "skeever".
It's a false positive. DwarfMockup even includes a readme that mentions it.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: March 20, 2021, 10:59:40 am »

Jecowa identified an issue with Announcement Window's config pointing to the wrong gamelog path: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/m84l0o/biweekly_df_questions_thread/griitdf/

The last mention of this I could find was here, so I figured it should be brought up in this thread.
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am not seeing anything on the announcement window utility while playing. Is this a known issue with that mod or do I need to change some setting on the pack to get it working??

You need to point it to your gamelog.txt for it to read it. Should be a menu option within the utility.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:08 pm »

I've got a weird issue. I've got the most recent version of the DF Starter and Dwarf Therapist wont start up unless my computer is connected to the internet. The game and DF hack pop up fine but if I try to start up therapist offline nothing happens. No task manager activity or anything..just a 1/4 second thought spin. If I start up therapist while online it pops up fine and continues to work if I immediately disconnect. Is it calling home for updates or something?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: March 29, 2021, 07:47:02 pm »

What version of Dwarf Therapist are you using? There is an auto-updater, which was improved in October and those improvements should be in DT 41.2.0 and newer. If you can find the DT version number, and it's newer than that, the Dwarf Therapist thread might be a good place to ask.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 29, 2021, 08:08:40 pm »

version 41.2.1

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:24 pm »

I'm guessing it is having to download the memory layouts so it can use them. And for some reason it can't save them, so it's having to re-download them every time.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 385