Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4108536 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5625 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:21 pm »

I'm guessing it is having to download the memory layouts so it can use them. And for some reason it can't save them, so it's having to re-download them every time.
No, the memory layouts are included, but DT checks for updates to them on startup (and possibly for updates to DT itself too).

At any rate, 41.2.1 is new enough that it should have the updater improvements from October, so this is likely some other issue. Thanks for forwarding it to the DT thread!

In case it helps: from older reports of similar issues, it sounds like there should be an "Automatic updates" checkbox in DT's settings that you can disable.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: April 15, 2021, 06:16:27 pm »

There seems to be a configuration error with the auto-update. It is trying to update me to 0.44.12-r08 rather than 0.47.05-r02.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: April 15, 2021, 06:53:47 pm »

There seems to be a configuration error with the auto-update. It is trying to update me to 0.44.12-r08 rather than 0.47.05-r02.

It's probably related to this issue:

Hi all, just got the latest Starter pack and have noticed an odd problem.

I have it set to check for updates every launch and when it launches, it says there is an update to 0.44.12 -r08 which obviously is an old version.
Has anyone else got this problem, or is it an issue my end?

Other than that i am having no issues at all.
What's the version number of the pack you downloaded, and what link did you get it from? My guess would be that it's checking the wrong place for updates, but I'm not sure how that could happen.

Ah, my bad, I know what happened here - my compilation scripts noticed that DFHack was in beta and pointed the update config link at the wrong URL.  I've fixed the script and my update checklist so that this shouldn't happen in future, but I don't think it's worth uploading a new version just for this  :-\

If my understanding is correct, it can't be fixed in old builds of the pack that existed before the issue was fixed, so you'll need to upgrade manually.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: April 15, 2021, 07:39:44 pm »

Thanks for the info Lethosor.

RNGstrategist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: April 15, 2021, 08:21:23 pm »

Hey guys just a heads up/ bug report/ bug fix. My Streaming PC updated and LNP stopped working.

It experienced a permission denied error similar to an older post
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622&page=10#c_1507

My error called out a lot more instructions but the fix was the same.
Clinodev directed me towards that fix because he remembered it from way back when.

fix:
I transferred my folder from desktop to users\username\ and it immediately worked again.

Thought i would point out that the error still exists with the latest version and/or a windows update could be causing this error.
It was windows update 20H2 which initially dropped end of 2020 around when the original post experienced an issue.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 08:42:15 pm by RNGstrategist »

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: April 15, 2021, 08:24:45 pm »

Just to add to RNG's post, this was the error message they sent me:

Team Bug Fix!

RNGstrategist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: April 15, 2021, 08:43:09 pm »

omg thank you i was trying to type it on textpad and copy over

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: April 16, 2021, 12:00:19 am »

Hey guys just a heads up/ bug report/ bug fix. My Streaming PC updated and LNP stopped working.

It experienced a permission denied error similar to an older post
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622&page=10#c_1507

My error called out a lot more instructions but the fix was the same.
Clinodev directed me towards that fix because he remembered it from way back when.

fix:
I transferred my folder from desktop to users\username\ and it immediately worked again.

Thought i would point out that the error still exists with the latest version and/or a windows update could be causing this error.
It was windows update 20H2 which initially dropped end of 2020 around when the original post experienced an issue.

This is probably a combination of the windows update and how python works on windows. In general, it is usually safest to run anything written in python (or most other interpreted languages) outside any windows special folders. I extract to c:\games\DF to avoid issues of this sort.

After a few reboots and some unknown processes running, Windows will automatically fix the wonky permissions on the afflicted folders for the services that the interpreters depend on. Or, you can fix it by re-installing python. But the easiest reliable solution is to not extract in a user folder, especially any of the "library" folders (desktop, documents, downloads, etc. basically anything that gets merged with C:\Users\Public\ in various explorer windows). This is why a lot of programs with native launchers and scripted functionality install the scripts to programdata rather than the user-specified install location.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: April 17, 2021, 12:05:02 pm »

Dwarves refuse to brew strawberries.

They have workshops and access to the plants. No burrows or any other weird stuff. There are no doors, trapdoors, floodgates, bridges, or other mechanisms between workshops and stockpiles. There are no mandates in effect. I don't put plants in barrels.

All other brewable plants are used normally.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: April 17, 2021, 01:33:24 pm »

@mross: Just checking:
- No linked stockpile for the berries (but not any for the barrels), or any links from the berry stockpile to other workshops but not this one? This is probably "weird stuff"...
- Strawberries not forbidden (don't think those show up on the brewing screen, though)?
- Berries not all marked for hauling to a stockpile?

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: April 17, 2021, 03:22:43 pm »

@mross: Just checking:
- No linked stockpile for the berries (but not any for the barrels), or any links from the berry stockpile to other workshops but not this one? This is probably "weird stuff"...
- Strawberries not forbidden (don't think those show up on the brewing screen, though)?
- Berries not all marked for hauling to a stockpile?

no stockpiles have any links
there are no forbidden items anywhere on the map
there are at least 30 strawberries sitting in the stockpile (not in barrels), and there are no berry hauling jobs

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: April 17, 2021, 08:44:05 pm »

Strawberries don't use the "brew drink from fruit" reaction, do they? I know grapes do, but strawberries were in the game before that update.

Edit: Wiki lists their booze as "fruit-based". I think they might use the fruit reaction now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:47:53 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: April 17, 2021, 09:49:48 pm »

Strawberries don't use the "brew drink from fruit" reaction, do they? I know grapes do, but strawberries were in the game before that update.

Edit: Wiki lists their booze as "fruit-based". I think they might use the fruit reaction now.

Does that mean I need to Q up "brew drink from fruit"? I had never used it before, I wasn't really sure what the point of it was.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: April 18, 2021, 02:12:41 am »

Ah, yes, Bumber is correct.

"Brew from fruit" uses fruits (which includes berries in DF) as the source material for the process. "Brew from plants" uses the structural material for brewing. You'll have to look at the raws to determine which part of a plant brewing uses. Plants have evolved over time in DF, and I think the original version only had the structural part, with fruit being added later (together with non fruit seed bearing parts that are bugged for various types of plants, mainly beans, as well as leaves). Logically brewing from cereals should use the ears, with the structural part representing the straw, but these plants only have a structural part (which is for the best until seed containing parts that can't be processed such that they produce the seeds are implemented properly). In addition to shrubs producing fruit parts, "brew from fruit" also processes fruit produced by trees.

I set both "brew from fruit" and "brew from plants" on repeat, and so don't really care about the differences in practice.

lazylonelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: April 18, 2021, 12:19:29 pm »

Damn it, why is it so hard to find instructions on how should I update LNP? Without losing my saves and config and so on.
Please, somebody, help!
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 385