Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098572 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5640 on: April 18, 2021, 01:01:08 pm »

Damn it, why is it so hard to find instructions on how should I update LNP? Without losing my saves and config and so on.
Please, somebody, help!

Download the latest newb pack, extract it and launch the LNP launcher in the new pack. Look through the file menu and those other drop-down menus on the menu bar for something like "import from previous pack". This will import save files and other things.

lazylonelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: April 18, 2021, 03:07:32 pm »

Thanx, mate.
Doesn't save any LNP config though.
Nor does it save data/init.txt
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:26:30 pm by lazylonelion »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: April 18, 2021, 03:33:10 pm »

Nor does it save data/init.txt
If your previous and new packs are both the same DF version (e.g. 0.47.05), you can just copy this file over. It's probably fine to do this for most minor version changes too (e.g. if your old pack was 0.47.04 and the new one is 0.47.05) although this may not work in certain cases. Another option is to use a diff tool (like https://www.diffchecker.com/) to compare the files and identify any changed settings that you want to copy over.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: April 21, 2021, 01:56:52 am »

Are you using the "-R2" version of the pack? I got a crash when embarking on R1 of the 0.47.05 pack, but I thought R2 fixed it.

Sorry for the delayed answer, yes it was (PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r02.zip)

Is there a way to see what version it is from the Launcher?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: April 22, 2021, 07:56:44 pm »

Greetings everybody, hope yall are doing well.
I'm also getting crashes every time on embark with a fresh download of 0.47.05-r02, in Windows 10, which resolved when i switch to "Print mode: STANDARD".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: April 23, 2021, 03:44:00 am »

I'm also getting crashes every time on embark with a fresh download of 0.47.05-r02, in Windows 10, which resolved when i switch to "Print mode: STANDARD".
TwbT has been broken in that way for years, and it's a problem with the tool, not this pack's packaging. Don't embark with TwbT enabled or you'll have a high crash rate. TwbT behaves better after embark (i.e. saving at embark, exiting, changing to using TwbT, and then resuming is much less crash prone).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: April 23, 2021, 07:00:11 pm »

TwbT has been broken in that way for years, and it's a problem with the tool, not this pack's packaging. Don't embark with TwbT enabled or you'll have a high crash rate. TwbT behaves better after embark (i.e. saving at embark, exiting, changing to using TwbT, and then resuming is much less crash prone).

If you're getting crashes with TWBT graphics packs, you might try running entering "twbt redraw_all 0" in the DFHack Terminal window and pressing the "enter" key after loading your save file. This disables the redraw feature that some graphics packs use that tends to increase the likelyhood of a crash. It's supposed to reduce visual glitches, but it probably isn't worth it if it's causing crashes for you.

Are you using the "-R2" version of the pack? I got a crash when embarking on R1 of the 0.47.05 pack, but I thought R2 fixed it.

Sorry for the delayed answer, yes it was (PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r02.zip)

Is there a way to see what version it is from the Launcher?

I don't think so. The only way I know is to check the name of the folder where the LNP launcher is located.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: April 25, 2021, 03:43:52 pm »

Thanks, yes understood it's not a problem this pack causes, but it does have TwBT enabled by default. 

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: May 21, 2021, 08:43:28 pm »

Embark Assistant is frequently freezing my game the moment I press F after enabling it.

It will work fine for awhile, then spontaneously it will just quit working and freeze the game every time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 09:54:35 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: May 22, 2021, 03:53:51 am »

The Embark Assistant plugin has its own thread in the utilities section (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169634.0) if there's a need for a deeper investigation without cluttering this thread.

I'm afraid I need more info that that to be able to reproduce and fault find the problem. Does it happen with every world, or just a particular one (in which case I'd need to try it on that one, e.g. uploaded to DFFD)? What are the search parameters you use (I would expect that it's something there that's triggering the issue)? If you're using a particular sequence of search criteria it would be useful to know what it is as well.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: May 31, 2021, 11:21:09 am »

Hey, just posting to say thank you to the people who do this pack.

It's really helpful, especially to newbies, but even to old players (started back on the 40d days) like me who come back to DF occasionally and are too damned lazy to mod the obligatory DFhack and dwarf therapist in. It even has my favorite tileset so I don't have a lot to mod in !

Thanks for what you're doing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:25:35 am by Naryar »

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: June 02, 2021, 03:12:44 am »

Thanks, yes understood it's not a problem this pack causes, but it does have TwBT enabled by default.

Yeah this is a pain, I've just painstakingly setup a group of dwarves after finding a site, and keep crashing. Kills the urge to play. It might be best not to make it the default if it's causing frequent crashes.

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: June 02, 2021, 01:45:48 pm »

I have TWTB on and I'm not crashing. I turn it off for world gen/embark but once I'm at a site, I save/quit and turn it back on. I used to have crashed in a previous version because of tileset issues but AFAIK those have been fixed.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: June 02, 2021, 03:45:35 pm »

I have TWTB on and I'm not crashing. I turn it off for world gen/embark (emphasis added)
Well, the crashes that smakemupagus and grotball are reporting happen at embark, so it would make sense that you don't see them with TWBT turned off at that stage. My understanding is that the issues have not been fixed, but they may depend on a combination of graphics hardware and specific tilesets, and are therefore not easy to reproduce and fix.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: June 04, 2021, 08:53:56 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r03!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is a relatively small update - grab it if you use one of the updated graphics packs or Legends Viewer... or if you really like larger version numbers I guess!  Time to Strike the Earth!

0.47.05-r03
 - updated Legends Viewer to 1.20.07 with crash fixes and UI improvements
 - updated Vettlingr graphics to 1.5 (transparent edition!)
 - updated Meph graphics to v5.5.1-V
 - updated Spacefox graphics to 47.05a

SHA256:  ed129baee286188365f2307cbc03905d21c3b8733a0f577450db14f5755d6be1

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 385