Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4098157 times)

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5685 on: May 29, 2022, 12:54:17 am »

Turn TWBT off and see if it happens.

Pokcetracket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: June 03, 2022, 05:38:29 pm »

That worked. The downside is I really like Vettlingr and the graphics variety / multilevel view of TwbT.

Any ideas on how to narrow down what in TwbT is causing the issues?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: June 04, 2022, 12:19:58 am »

That worked. The downside is I really like Vettlingr and the graphics variety / multilevel view of TwbT.

I haven't run across the periodic crashes you report, but turning off TWBT would have been my suggestion as well. Sometimes TWBT problems sort themselves out after running the fort without it at least once, so you might check and see if you're now able to use it as expected. You might also reduce the number of levels of multilevel you're displaying and see if that helps. I'll message the current maintainer and see if he has any other ideas.
Team Bug Fix!

Jamotonous

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Leisure Fort Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: June 06, 2022, 09:41:32 am »

I noticed that the link to DFHack in the mod list leads to this outdated thread (last updated in 2017), whilst this less cobwebby thread (actively maintained) would be a better fit.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: June 09, 2022, 11:57:14 am »

What version of DF and DFHack are you using?  Or I guess which version of PE would tell us that if you know it. 

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: June 15, 2022, 08:10:46 pm »

What version of DF and DFHack are you using?  Or I guess which version of PE would tell us that if you know it.

It seems to happen every version for me at least.
Fortunately turning TWBT off, loading, saving, turning TWBT back on and then resuming life as normal seems to work.
Which is good because I'd rather have my eyes gouged out than play w/o TWBT.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

Mixolyde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: June 19, 2022, 06:34:38 pm »

When you have a minute, can you pull the upstream updates for LNP Shared Core? It has fixes for the embark profiles with wooden axes. Took me forever to figure out why my woodcutter wouldn't cut wood!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: June 19, 2022, 08:52:27 pm »

When you have a minute, can you pull the upstream updates for LNP Shared Core? It has fixes for the embark profiles with wooden axes. Took me forever to figure out why my woodcutter wouldn't cut wood!

Where are you downloading the PeridexisErrant Starter Pack that has training axes in the embark profiles? I maintain the current list used and that change was made within hours of Toady making them unusable, years ago. I just redownloaded the current pack and double checked, it has my list updated earlier this year.

You can find the current release with modern embark profiles here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

You can find the current embark profiles alone here: https://pastebin.com/vsQgfWNH
Team Bug Fix!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: June 20, 2022, 12:59:20 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r08!
As usual, you can get it here.

0.47.05-r08
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.05-r6
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.05-r6 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - added Legends Browser 2
 - merged Quickfort blueprints libraries from the DFHack and utility versions

SHA256:  e096343507fff08aacdbd79fb1518e6130dfe41434c134cd4d78d18ad2d5bc31

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon, or even mine!  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Mixolyde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: June 20, 2022, 05:39:36 am »

Ok, I'm sorry. It looks like I somehow grabbed r07, and not r08 and used that. I am downloading the latest now and will verify.

Can you add the latest CaptnDuck tutorial embark for 2020 and the other tutorials? It's here.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: June 20, 2022, 06:20:19 am »

That's the exact list that is included in this Pack, (straight from my pastebin account) and should be the one coming up by default. It's "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r08\LNP\embarks\default_profiles.txt" and should be in "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r08\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\data\init\embark_profiles.txt" by default, until and unless you change it. Yep, double checked with a freshly downloaded copy.

You may be switching to one of the alternate embark profile lists in "PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.47.05-r08\LNP\embarks". Those others are all legacy, and unmaintained, which would explain training axes.
Team Bug Fix!

Mixolyde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: June 20, 2022, 09:21:16 am »

You're right. User error once again. As was my habit years ago, I went straight for the tutorial profiles, where Duck's stuff had traditionally been, and completely ignored default profiles, which I assumed were the game's standard, built-in defaults, not the LNP defaults.

Thank you for the help and clarification, sorry for the trouble.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: June 20, 2022, 03:39:29 pm »

Thank you for combining the blueprint directories! I hope this helps clear up some confusion. I also added 'Alt-F' as a hotkey for DFHack quickfort so the same hotkey will work regardless of which Quickfort implementation is running. If LNP Quickfort is running, it will intercept the hotkey. If it isn't, DFHack will display the native version.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: June 23, 2022, 02:40:03 am »

Sweet!  That's a really nice way to configure it, myk - thanks again for all your work on this :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: September 14, 2022, 04:32:36 pm »

I'm not sure exactly when the next release of DFHack will be out, but I wanted to give you a heads up that in order to support DFHack's work on usability and in-game configuration, the dfhack init files (dfhack*.init, onLoad*.init, onMapLoad*.init, and the others) will be moving from the DF root directory to dfhack-config/init/.

the dfhack.history file (along with all other history files) will also be moving to dfhack-config/

For the starter pack, I think this means the following changes:
  • a pre-generated dfhack.init does not need to be distributed. a default (~empty) dfhack-config/init/dfhack.init file will be generated on first run, and all dfhack defaults are now loaded automatically. only custom changes made by the player need to go in the dfhack-config/init/dfhack.init file now.
  • dfhack_PeridexisErrant.init, onMapLoad_PeridexisErrant.init, and onMapLoad_PyLNP.init need to move to the dfhack-config/init/ directory. This may require code changes in the LNP since the file read/write locations will need to be updated (can the path be changed easily in PyLNP.json?).
  • the reference to <df>/dfhack.history in PyLNP.json will need to change to <df>/dfhack-config/dfhack.history

I also continue to get questions about the Quickfort launched from the LNP vs. the newer quickfort built into DFHack. Could you possibly add a note to the LNP Quickfort summary (in utilities/Quickfort/manifest.json?) that the Alt-F shortcut for applying quickfort blueprints is now provided by DFHack with a native, in-game utility?

Edit: I filed a request for some of these changes in upstream LNP (https://github.com/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/181).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:07:49 pm by myk »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 385