Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4109518 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #5700 on: October 04, 2022, 04:01:58 am »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r09!
As usual, you can get it here.

This is a pretty big one!  The core is of course DFHack, with a lovely set of new features, bugfixes, and so on - as well as an improved configuration system, which chains through to PyLNP and my build scripts too (if this worked, you won't notice a thing).  But as a bonus, you also get new versions of Dwarf Therapist and Legends Viewer 2  :D

0.47.05-r09
 - updated DFHack to 0.47.05-r7
 - updated TwbT to 0.47.05-r7 (unofficial build by thurin)
 - updated Legends Browser 2 to v2.0.2
 - updated Dwarf Therapist to v41.2.4
 - updated PyLNP to 0.14c
 - moved files around for the nice new DFHack config system

SHA256:  74228d247f5e1d4912f4a4019e0479e0602cc93951311a5f2b9e8cf65cb155a4

Traditionally [old superstition with some basis in fact!] this kind of update would be immediately followed by a DF release, and another round of frantic community patching by all of the many many people who make this possible... and who knows when the Steam release might be?  (not me - I truly don't have any inside info)  When it does though, I'm expecting to "retire": the Steam edition should help beginners appreciate DF better than anything I can cobble together, and that's always been my motivation for this pack.  It's also been going for a long time - next May I'll celebrate ten years of the Starter Pack, with LucusUp's original-flavor LNP dating further back to 2010!

Ladies, gentlemen, dwarves, and other overseers; it is and has been an honour.  Strike the Earth!

If you want to say thanks, check out Toady's Patreon  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: October 05, 2022, 02:18:04 am »

I don't see that the Premium release would not benefit from a Starter Pack.
It's unlikely there won't be a need for new versions of DFHack, Dwarf Therapist, and Legends Viewer bundled up in an easy to use package, although it may require changes such that it would be easy to install both with the Premium and the Classic versions, and tile sets might be easy enough to juggle without being supplied by a Starter Pack (although it would still be convenient to get everything in a single package).

However, it will probably be some time after the release before the dust settles so new versions of these essential tools can be produced, and it definitely is a natural point to retire and hand the baton on to someone else after many years of service to the community.

Thanks for all the work, and enjoy your retirement from DF community service!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5702 on: October 05, 2022, 04:21:13 am »

I wonder if the successor of the Starter Pack will be a starter pack. The upcoming DF version promises auto-labor, graphics sets that can be installed with just a few clicks and drags, and a better default Legends mode, and has as a goal to be more newcomer-friendly. The tools that the Starter Pack provide/host will still be wanted, but not for beginner friendlyness, but for their more advanced uses. Perhaps it becomes an "Enhancement Pack".

I never used the Starter Pack for my usual DF playing, but I know I'm an outlier because of that. And I booted it up a few times for easy DF Hack + Legends Viewer + map visualizers. Thanks Peredexis for all the great work, you've made the DF sphere a better place!

Shwez

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Oh, hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: October 05, 2022, 11:40:02 am »

Why am I getting this error with the 0.47.05-r09 when running the Launcher? While the r08 version ran just fine? (Win7)

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer." and
"Error loading Python DLL 'c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI70642\python39.dll'. LoadLibrary: The specified module could not be found."

EDIT: Never noticed PyLNP 0.14a was 2 years old. No wonder it still work for my system.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 08:48:06 pm by Shwez »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: October 06, 2022, 03:29:09 am »

I'd expect the successor pack to be a mixture of a starter and advanced usage pack (like the current pack, really). Legends Viewer is superior to the improved Legends View mode (which is a significant improvement over the current version), and a Dwarf Therapist will be absolutely crucial to override the mess a mandatory auto labor mismanagement causes on time critical tasks (aquifer penetration and invader/water leak emergency hole plugging). DFHack will continue to provide enhancement and increased ease of use.

A decent auto labor management would require logic to assign dorfs to tasks in an efficient manner, which would require additional logic to look at when dorfs will become available for new tasks in the near term to send them off on suitable tasks that do not include excessive travel time when a dorf right next to the task will become available shortly. That logic is not going to be implemented.
The larger the fortress (in all dimensions) the greater pain this mismanagement will cause.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: October 07, 2022, 07:17:26 pm »

Why am I getting this error with the 0.47.05-r09 when running the Launcher? While the r08 version ran just fine? (Win7)

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer." and
"Error loading Python DLL 'c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI70642\python39.dll'. LoadLibrary: The specified module could not be found."

EDIT: Never noticed PyLNP 0.14a was 2 years old. No wonder it still work for my system.

I already touched on this in the PyLNP thread, but I'll do it here too for good measure:

I upgraded my computer between 0.14a and 0.14b, which meant I ended up on a newer version of Python - one that does not support Windows 7 or earlier.

I've replaced the 0.14c build with one made on slightly earlier version that supports Vista and 7. If you need it, you can download it from the GitHub releases page for PyLNP, but PeridexisErrant may also want to replace the version in the pack.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: October 10, 2022, 09:15:44 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r10!
As usual, you can get it here.

0.47.05-r10
 - PyLNP fix for Windows Vista and 7 (no change for Windows 8 or later)

SHA256:  3c5afd0ad342cc3fa412b557438ebaf681124ed88abdcf3704268766c4b82d76

Donations here.

DarkDvr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: October 15, 2022, 12:31:05 pm »

New version (as of Oct 15, 22) crashes when loading an existing game.
Everything else works fine, but when using "Continue playing", it seems to load everything, and when it's time to show the actual game/UI, it CTDs, with no error.

Using Print Mode: Standard fixes it.
Using TWBT and TWBT_LEGACY causes crashing.

Can provide logs if requested.

--- UPDATE: ---
I've manually re-installed TWBT from the official repo on GitHub using this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/bti4h1/how_to_install_twbt_explanation/

It fixed it. The TWBT dll is a bit different, so I guess the official repo has a working version, while the LNP has a "bad" version.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 12:41:52 pm by DarkDvr »

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: October 15, 2022, 12:41:29 pm »

New version (as of Oct 15, 22) crashes when loading an existing game.
Everything else works fine, but when using "Continue playing", it seems to load everything, and when it's time to show the actual game/UI, it CTDs, with no error.

Using Print Mode: Standard fixes it.
Using TWBT and TWBT_LEGACY causes crashing.

Can provide logs if requested.

Usually one game load and save in Standard print mode resolves the issue for that copy (it's a known TWBT issue).

Can you check and see if you are now able to load in TWBT?
Team Bug Fix!

etron

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: October 17, 2022, 02:31:32 pm »

now the DF hack Launcher is embedded in the game screen?  I have noticed it at the change of release
strange mood

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: October 19, 2022, 02:20:56 pm »

Yes, There is a new in-game launcher for DFHack commands with autocomplete and integrated help and lots of fancy bits. Release announcement (with info and screenshots) here.

PolarBair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: October 21, 2022, 10:56:59 pm »

I've been having a weird problem lately. I've been using 0.47.05-r09 and Vettlingr 32x tile set for a while now. Worked just fine for my fortress in Region 1 but then decided to start a new game and build a new world in Region 2 every and time I start up the game it crashes when loading the world with an error "Not found: data/save/region2/raw/graphics/procedual_divine.png"

If I go to PyLNP and reinstall the tile set and then launch the game my world in region 2 loads just fine without crashing.
But then if I save and quit then the next time I relaunch the game I run into the same problem and have to reinstall the tile set before my world will load without crashing. Kinda sucks to have to keep reinstalling the tiles set just to get the world to load without crashing.

That's just so weird. What is this procedual_divine.png anyway and why does it keep disappearing from data/save/region2/raw/graphics/?

PolarBair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: October 23, 2022, 05:04:40 am »

How do we get the external DFhack terminal open? I just started using  0.47.05-r10 and the in game console is nice and all but it tells me I need the external one for things like Liquids and Tiletypes but it doesn't automatically open when I launch DF like it used to and I can't find it in any where in the starter pack folders.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: October 23, 2022, 10:23:33 am »

The -r10 version appears to have an issue with some versions of Windows. If you overwrite your installed version with -r09 (download from the mirror here: http://df.wicked-code.com/PeridexisErrant%27s%20Starter%20Pack%200.47.05-r09.zip) does it work for you? It has the same version of DFHack. Just the distribution packaging changed between -r09 and -r10.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: October 23, 2022, 07:05:37 pm »

The Starter Pack has updated to 0.47.05-r11!
As usual, you can get it here, with a tiny patch to the way the PyLNP launcher interacts with DFhack.  Strike the earth!

0.47.05-r11
 - updated PyLNP to 0.14d, fixing blank DFHack window

SHA256:  117a477ac4370ebff07fbfd2b6c535ef298cb0d7c7c3b403b514dc0aed14d836

Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 385