Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4114611 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_03 Starter Pack r1
« Reply #645 on: July 14, 2014, 03:45:42 am »

I've decided to publish all the little scripts I've got in the pack for comment / contributions / documentation. 

https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/Scripts-for-the-Starter-Pack
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:05 am »

EDIT: Removed.  Was blaming the program for some weirdness my firewall decided to pull.  Nothing to see here, move along  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:27:12 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 14, 2014, 05:40:10 am »

I notice soundSense is listed in the launch options, but doesn't seem to be included... has it come out for .40.X yet?
Soundsense is included, but the soundsense.jar is missing for some reason. Strictly it speaking doesn't need any updates between .034 and 0.40, as it only needs access to the gamelog.txt to work. There will be a new version though, because of the new announcements.

EDIT:
EDIT: Removed.  Was blaming the program for some weirdness my firewall decided to pull.  Nothing to see here, move along  :)
Does it work for you? Strange.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:41:51 am by fricy »

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:38 am »

- updated World Viewer for 40_02 (v1.5)

Didn't realize you had added this :).  Let me know if there's any changes that might be useful for this pack that I can add to it.

benexclaimed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:24 am »

The Starter Pack uses "curses_square_16x16" tileset by default, right? Is there a reason that isn't in the "Graphics" list? If I change the pack from Curses is there a way to go back to Curses within the utility?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 14, 2014, 08:13:18 am »

The Starter Pack uses "curses_square_16x16" tileset by default, right? Is there a reason that isn't in the "Graphics" list? If I change the pack from Curses is there a way to go back to Curses within the utility?
Curses 16x16 = ASCII square.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 14, 2014, 08:16:21 am »

- updated World Viewer for 40_02 (v1.5)

Didn't realize you had added this :).  Let me know if there's any changes that might be useful for this pack that I can add to it.
Combining the 32 and 64 bit versions so I can show only one version on the utilities list would be nice, and actually I can do that with a simple batch script. Don't waste your time on that!  Uh, generally keep developing awesome stuff I guess.

An option to take a zip file of all the required astuff (as Legends Viewer does) would be cool.

Donations here.

benexclaimed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:29 am »

Curses 16x16 = ASCII square.

Oh, thanks. I switched around to a few other graphics packs to check them out and the strangeness of them (one listing 1(picture of rock)(picture of rock) frames per second, etc.) turned me off but I couldn't figure out how to get back.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 14, 2014, 09:18:00 am »

Combining the 32 and 64 bit versions so I can show only one version on the utilities list would be nice, and actually I can do that with a simple batch script. Don't waste your time on that!  Uh, generally keep developing awesome stuff I guess.

An option to take a zip file of all the required astuff (as Legends Viewer does) would be cool.

Yeah, the split is a hassle for me too, I'm pretty sure it can be combined, just gotta get my hand on a 32 bit somewhere to test, I'll look into it.  I'll add an option for a zip.

Stoutpants

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    • View Profile
    • Drunk Fortress!
« Reply #654 on: July 14, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

I can't get soundsense to open. When I run it a cmd window flashes open and then closes immediately. Java is installed. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?
Follow my Drunk Fortress here!

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 14, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »

Yeah, the split is a hassle for me too, I'm pretty sure it can be combined, just gotta get my hand on a 32 bit somewhere to test, I'll look into it.  I'll add an option for a zip.
Hopefully you realize the terror this puts into us 32-bit users when something that works fine is going to be changed. D:

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 14, 2014, 07:02:05 pm »

I can't get soundsense to open. When I run it a cmd window flashes open and then closes immediately. Java is installed. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

This is exactly what it was doing for me, and my firewall was blocking it.  Make sure that you have it configured to be allowed out to the internet.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »

Hopefully you realize the terror this puts into us 32-bit users when something that works fine is going to be changed. D:

My vote stands as NOT changing anything - I'll just hide the .exe's and use a batch file to launch the correct version for your OS. 
 Donations here.

benexclaimed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 14, 2014, 07:42:23 pm »

Can anybody tell me what graphics pack this is?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/14/apr/dfscreens/df11.jpg

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 14, 2014, 07:43:35 pm »

Looks like Phoebus to me.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 385